The Xbox One Screenshots Thread

I'm out on the Stellar Unknown expedition and seen lots of cool stuff but I haven't been taking many pictures of the nebulae and whatnot, I did feel compelled to take some pictures of an unremarkable planet but neat to me. I discovered it on my way back to the expedition route from a detour out to Thor's Helmet and several of the nebulae out there. At 368 km I don't know if it's the smallest planet I ever came across in the game but I'm pretty sure it is the smallest I've landed on as I think I would have remembered as it was kind of weird/awkward to approach. And while I know not all the planets are round and I've seen some visibly misshapen ones I don't think I've seen one so out of round as this...

h8jEZ0h.png

It flattened area was more dramatic as I got closer but that was all I took on my approach, I plan on checking it out a bit more before I leave as it's pretty cool looking down on the surface. I like the lighting. In the picture above you can see the dark spot in the middle of the section that looks like it was lopped off, it's a nice looking mountain that I plan to climb tomorrow. I know it's nothing too special but it's different from any planet I've personally landed on. And looking at it in the system map it's even more misshapen than that picture shows because of the lighting, it has flat sections like that all the way around so that it's hardly spherical at all.

UDOzg35.png

OCXxGD5.png

yhaEpHJ.png

I went and visited Qeajo CZ-N c20-15 (David and Goliath) and was kind of disappointed. It didn't look nearly as cool on my XBOX as it did in the pictures, although some of them I think looked a little more dramatic because of some lens tricks. But in general mountains look much better on PC than XBOX and these two planets are notable for their mountains so it was a little disappointing. And as I said I'm not sure all the photos were true to life on PC. I took some video but even though I spent the better part of a day exploring them I only took a total of 3 screenshots. I had a nice climb up a pretty huge ice mountain and had an even nicer fly down until I blew up my SRV. I tried doing repairs when I noticed I was in trouble but I smacked into the ground and exploded just as I was starting synthesis. I have several spares though.

eSUpCqU.png

41hKBGr.png

XFsV1D2.png

I went and visited Qeajo CZ-N c20-15 (David and Goliath) and was kind of disappointed. It didn't look nearly as cool on my XBOX as it did in the pictures, although some of them I think looked a little more dramatic because of some lens tricks. But in general mountains look much better on PC than XBOX and these two planets are notable for their mountains so it was a little disappointing. And as I said I'm not sure all the photos were true to life on PC. I took some video but even though I spent the better part of a day exploring them I only took a total of 3 screenshots. I had a nice climb up a pretty huge ice mountain and had an even nicer fly down until I blew up my SRV. I tried doing repairs when I noticed I was in trouble but I smacked into the ground and exploded just as I was starting synthesis. I have several spares though.

eSUpCqU.png

41hKBGr.png

XFsV1D2.png
Is that on an original Xbox, because the textures look extremely low-res. Doesn't look right all. There's much more detail on the ground on my One X and DtEA did a video on this location that shows much more dramatic terrain than what you're getting: DtEA Most Epic Mountains in Elite Dangerous.

-CMDR Ex

Is that on an original Xbox, because the textures look extremely low-res. Doesn't look right all. There's much more detail on the ground on my One X and DtEA did a video on this location that shows much more dramatic terrain than what you're getting: DtEA Most Epic Mountains in Elite Dangerous.

-CMDR Ex

It's basically an original XBOX, it's a One S. The terrain did look abnormally bad on these planets, maybe since there's so much going on it was having a hard time with the textures. It was pretty crappy looking.

Top Bottom