General / Off-Topic (Theme) Parkitect General Discussion

A place to discuss Theme Parkitect, or Parkitect, whatever it may be called, because Brett suggested it!

Played the game a bit. Not too bad but zooming out seems to make the game tank for some reason. Like the game, though, seems pretty good so far!

Post your thoughts below.

Oh. I like to talk more about nice things like the isometric planet coaster (sorry) :D. And the best thing about it.
The thinking process how to build a coaster is the same. At least for me.

Where do i want to go and what has the part to look like. Make it aaaaand click. Wait.
Why is the staff not working? Oh i forget to give them a rest. :)

To make this thread complete. The trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbohJtVLdR4

I am huge fan fo this (did not hide it really), though it is the only game where the visitors are getting sad about the ferris wheel at the moment. But they are working on it.
Bringing back so much memories and what i wanted back in the times of RCT 1 as does PC for RCT 3.

I think both games are making the market complete. Some of my friends are more into RCT 1 and RCT 2. They don't like the 3D.

Last edited:
I like this game and the developers but I am too bored to actually play it. I guess I need scenarios. Well at least I supported the developers by buying it when I was able to do.

It is a little clunky but I am forgiving because this is not like Atari pretending to be AAA game, lol, but instead being humble about being very tiny indie developers. :)

After seeing the building piece by piece system I'm getting curious about it. And it's even for Mac. At home Planet coaster and on the go Parkitect :)

bootie101

B
I saw someone play it on youtube and he had used a mod that let you ride the rides. Looked like fun .I like the "classic" sort of look. I'll get it next week from their website and see how it is.

If anyone wants to save a couple of bucks, you can still buy Parkitect for $15 on their site. The price will raise to $17.99 when they release on Steam May 5th.

What will be really interesting is when Parkitect goes on steam soon is what will have the most players playing, a indie game made by 3 people, or a AAA big publisher game made by a team. I know which one deserves to have the most.. I look forward to seeing that on steamdb :)

this game just doesn't appeal to me, i don't understand the hype around it. it looks like an old game and feels like an old game. if i wanted that i would just play rct2. with rctw and planet coaster, i don't see how parkitect hopes to compete.

Joël

this game just doesn't appeal to me, i don't understand the hype around it. it looks like an old game and feels like an old game. if i wanted that i would just play rct2. with rctw and planet coaster, i don't see how parkitect hopes to compete.
Parkitect is not meant as a direct competitor for Planet Coaster or RCTW, it's more like an upgraded version of RCT2 with better graphics and other amazing features that were not easily possible in the time of RCT1 and 2. It is an indie game for people who love the Parkitect style, for people who see it as a great game, and above all, for people who love to play with a game like Parkitect.

There is a very nice community around Parkitect, from people who really value the game for what it is and for the possibilities that it has and will have in the future. One does not necessarily need to understand the hype around it, it's relative to your own preferences. I like Parkitect. I like Planet Coaster. Some people like other games. [happy]

Last edited:
You are not alone out there bizzaro. People either love it or hate it.

Your reasons are the point.

RCT1 and RCT2 are very limiting. You can choose just a certain amount of decoration. Mods are very hard if at all.

You still have the minimalistic looks and the isometric view at the new game.
On Steam there are upto 250 players for RCT2 and the game is still sold in stores, where you do not need Steam.

The playersgroup is not as huge as with RCTW or PC, you are right, but there are still more out there then one would guess.
I think that is why Chris Sawyer is working on RCT 2 for mobile devices.

Last edited:
Parkitect is looking like shaping up to be the perfect compliment for Planet Coaster. With PC you have a game pushing the genre to the next level whilst Parkitect will tug at peoples nostalgia. It probably won't have the overall appeal of PC but it is looking like a fun diversion when you want something more simple to play.

Parkitect actually looks kind of fun. It is not acclaiming to be the next gen, just retro classic for those who like the original old school isometric style and grids.
Maybe gonna buy and try it out. But for now, I focus on Planet Coaster. But I do watch some Youtube clip about Parkitect now and then.

It's nice that you can (with a mod though) ride your attractions and coasters in full 3D. If RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 had looked like this, people would had bought it. it looks like the missing link between RCT2 and RCT3. [noob]

Last edited:
Just installed Parkitect on my old laptop from about 2009 or 2010 (AMD Phenom II X4 N970 2.2 GHZ, Radeon HD4250) and it seems to run pretty good on the lowest settings (16 or so fps)
Granted I have very few things in my park

Its cool that I could have Planet Coaster at home and Parkitect on the go though [happy]

Parkitect is one game I have never really took much notice of, except thst I have watched a few videos of it. It just seems as though it is aimed at younger ones rather than adults and reminds me a bit more Like RCT 1 & 2. Although it has had some good reports, considering it is a budget game, made by just three people. I might take a closer look, but I am not rushing to buy it at the moment. [rolleyes]

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but definitely will once early access is release on May 5th. It looks like a decent break for my downtime with PC given the simplistic nature of the game's systems.

For me it seems to be the successor of RCT2..
Where Planet Coaster will be the successor of RCT3..

I can see myself playing them both.

Joël

Parkitect is one game I have never really took much notice of, except thst I have watched a few videos of it. It just seems as though it is aimed at younger ones rather than adults and reminds me a bit more Like RCT 1 & 2. Although it has had some good reports, considering it is a budget game, made by just three people. I might take a closer look, but I am not rushing to buy it at the moment. [rolleyes]
Parkitect is also for adults. It's a great game if you like the style it has. [happy]
Also see Manuel's post (quote below).

For me it seems to be the successor of RCT2..
Where Planet Coaster will be the successor of RCT3..

I can see myself playing them both.
Exactly. Parkitect can be considered as the spiritual successor of RCT2, and Planet Coaster can be considered as the spiritual successor of RCT3.

Both games have a different style but the same genre. They may appeal to different people, but in the end it really depends on that someone like to play to have fun. Personally I'm having fun playing both of them. [praise]