IMPORTANT: Thememaker's Toolkit Now Live!

Can't wait to see what people come up with using the new Theme Makers Toolkit. Also appreciate the bug fixes as well. Thank you Frontier.

Is there an issue with the server? I’ve had a few things uploading for around an hour now. They are small files so don’t understand what’s taking so long?

Is there an issue with the server? I’ve had a few things uploading for around an hour now. They are small files so don’t understand what’s taking so long?

That could be a server overload. I could imagine that there are currently lots of people using the toolkit.

I have made objects for RCT 3 with google sketchup. Is that possible? And if it´s not whats the easiest software? Blender was to difficult for me.

Signs in the Vintage Pack now allow for advertising destinations

Yey a request I asked for during the stream has been implemented

Thanks for the fixes & improvements Frontier! As for the Thememaker's Toolkit? High hopes! Waiting for the sample files before uploading my simple gable vent.

I have made objects for RCT 3 with google sketchup. Is that possible? And if it´s not whats the easiest software? Blender was to difficult for me.

Yes and no. The free version of Sketchup cannot export to FBX and the software overall is not really suitable to make game-ready models of any kind (simply due to the way the software works). Theoretically, it could be possible to export from Sketchup to Maya/Max/Blender using a different format and then further handling it there. But using Sketchup is very counter-intuitive compared to dedicated software like Maya/Max/Blender and the like (when looking at it objectively). While it is possible to use it, it would require a lot more work to make clean geometry suitable for the game, and to make all the LODs.

As for what's the easiest, only you can say. It's different for everyone. I found Blender horrendous and learned 3ds Max which was much easier for me to get into and use (though that was about ten years ago). Now I've switched to Houdini which is more difficult but much better to use. It all depends on yourself really.

giphy.gif

Thanks Chante.
And Happy 2nd Birthday Planet Coaster and congrats Team Frontier.

This is such great news for the game. I can't wait to see what amazing creations this talented community makes with this awesome new addition.

Now we need Vodhin and StationJimJr from RCT3 to import or remake their scenery sets for Planet Coaster! I want flashing railroad crossing signals like Vodhin’s from RCT3 and diagonal corner roof pieces and other pieces not in Planet Coaster like the ones shyguy and stationjim made for RCT3. And more horror pieces, including animated scary characters, props, stuff for haunted houses and dark rides. We need animated triggerable rr crossing gates, we currently can’t do that with existing scenery.

The lockers were great. I grabbed them and checked them out the textures were nice.. very well built. however it was way over scale.. too tall. You had to sink the bottom row into the ground to make them work. maybe he took them down for that reason to fix it

Anyone else constantly refreshing the workshop just to see if/what new stuff gets added? [yesnod]

I saw that too! Maybe they're just a perfectionist and didn't like how it looked yet? [big grin]

Mhmm, that could very well be true! But somehow, this model looked reaaaaaally "Frontiery" and nice. What if the person that uploaded it found it in the PC files? But mhmm. I don't think Frontier would implement a locker system that's based on one static wall of lockers without flexibility [woah]

Mhmm, that could very well be true! But somehow, this model looked reaaaaaally "Frontiery" and nice. What if the person that uploaded it found it in the PC files? But mhmm. I don't think Frontier would implement a locker system that's based on one static wall of lockers without flexibility [woah]

It did look really nice (especially for the little time the kit was released) and had that little screen with the PC logo, as if guests walk up to it and use it like a vending machine...must not speculate...it's just a well made fan locker custom scenery piece that mysteriously disappeared. Nothing funny about it!... [squeeeeee]

I've imported my first object! it's just a test but this really opens up new possibilities! especially for park recreations[happy]

Top Bottom