IMPORTANT: Thememaker's Toolkit Release Date

Dear Chante, I was looking for the Software (Maya, 3D Studio) which is to use to create objects for planet coaster. But what is the idea behind that, 'cause what I saw is the fact that the sotware prize is between 1500€ and 2000€. So if we want to create objects we have to buy the Software, or is there a Software which we can use for free? I won't believe that community members will buy such a Software.

Dear Chante, I was looking for the Software (Maya, 3D Studio) which is to use to create objects for planet coaster. But what is the idea behind that, 'cause what I saw is the fact that the sotware prize is between 1500€ and 2000€. So if we want to create objects we have to buy the Software, or is there a Software which we can use for free? I won't believe that community members will buy such a Software.

Blender is free. Maya is the software Frontier uses, so is for them the simplest to explain in tutorials. Max is another commonly-used program, despite its cost.

So, use Blender.

It would be nice to see some of those poly/size limits increased. It really sucks people who wanted to make larger custom foliage, vehicles, fake flat rides, etc.

I suspect that any limitations are due to the unknown aspect of this. I’m viewing it as an Alpha type release and fully anticipate changes once it has been live for some time.

What will be if the tool kit is the last update frontier will give to us and the anniversary live stream will be only a demonstration of what will be possible with the tool kit. I hate to say that, but maybe frontier will create no more dlc's for planet
coaster 'cause of the fact that they had started to programm planet coaster 2? I don't know if they will make PC2 but it could be possible. 'cause of the fact that the tool kit will allow to create scenery objects I can't believe that frontier will release more DLC's with scenery items. I hope they will not stop releasing DLC's 'cause so many items had not find there way into the game up to this day. Also the tool kit does not allow to create animatronics and also more charcters. I hope the PC dream will not stop.

What will be if the tool kit is the last update frontier will give to us and the anniversary live stream will be only a demonstration of what will be possible with the tool kit. I hate to say that, but maybe frontier will create no more dlc's for planet
coaster 'cause of the fact that they had started to programm planet coaster 2? I don't know if they will make PC2 but it could be possible. 'cause of the fact that the tool kit will allow to create scenery objects I can't believe that frontier will release more DLC's with scenery items. I hope they will not stop releasing DLC's 'cause so many items had not find there way into the game up to this day. Also the tool kit does not allow to create animatronics and also more charcters. I hope the PC dream will not stop.

I don't think that the thememaker's toolkit is the last update. They have supported this game for almost 2 years now and it has a great community. I doubt they will already move on to planco 2. What i think will happen however is that they focus more on Jurassic World, giving this game more love updates and scenery, while still giving us planet coaster rides and coaster updates and small dlc packs, but without any new scenery,because we know have the tool to make our own scenery.[wink]

Thank you Nick East for your Information. So the idea for me now will make sense[big grin]

The blender community is incredible! There are SO many resources and helpful people and I'm sure there will be people in this community ready with a helpful hand. I'd recommend checking out beginner tutorials on youtube and getting the grasp of how to use it before the kit comes out. It can feel very intimidating at first but just keep at it, keep doing tutorials and you'll be modeling/texturing in no time [up] Plus seeing your objects come to life in the game is the BEST motivation to keep at it. [big grin]

This will be great - cannot wait to see what everybody creates - and belated welcome to Chante - your first live stream was awesome BTW - great speaking voice - perfect for the presentations, thanks G

I have still my question: will we be able to create objects with triggerable colors? So we can do neat color changing stuff in game?

Minimum 50 cm in one of the axises. Oh darn it. I guess some ideas of tiny objects will not be realised then! [cry] Unless you can make it transparent.. :p

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Minimum 50 cm in one of the axises. Oh darn it. I guess some ideas of tiny objects will not be realised then! [cry] Unless you can make it transparent.. :p

Ofcourse thats a discussion that immediatly broke out ;)

Im hoping very much we can make it transparant so that we can have really small items as well :)

[my opinion throughout]

I suspect that any limitations are due to the unknown aspect of this. I’m viewing it as an Alpha type release and fully anticipate changes once it has been live for some time.
Hope so -- I first read the 8 meter max as 8 gridblocks max, which seems reasonable. Two gridblocks max, not so much -- that prevents most trees. The forced backface-culling is also a tree'n'bush issue -- does that mean that nearly ever leaf in PlanCo has twice as many polys as necessary, or is this limitation just for us? [weird]

I have still my question: will we be able to create objects with triggerable colors? So we can do neat color changing stuff in game?
And billboarding info isn't included yet -- lets-get-it-off-the-ground-first limitation, or permanent?

And its unclear if we're going to be able to use resource-saving texture atlases. I'm making some cows (and maybe some other livestock, we'll see how it goes) -- the cows will all be able to use the same texture maps. Will they be able to in PlanCo? If so, how do I set that up?

If you are a bloddy Beginner in Blender this Channel will help you out greatly . . . Especially this Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYj6e-72RDs&t=551s

It is very helpful, because it brings you from your very first time starting the Program to making your very first Scene in Blender. And as an added Bonus, it looks amazing when you are finished as well :D
Yep, first tutorial that really helped me, great for the complete beginner in Blender or 3D in general. It has some minor issues, but over-all a great place to start. When I finished mine I added a couple bits:

2ozYpIH.jpg

Top Bottom