IMPORTANT: Thememaker's Toolkit Release Date

Within the steam Workshop there is a catagory called "Thememaker's Toolkit". I think the community creations will be located there.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Within the steam Workshop there is a catagory called "Thememaker's Toolkit". I think the community creations will be located there.

These forums will be updated with a new section for the Thememaker’s Toolkit, so that players can share items and discuss this exciting new feature.

I'm just in awe of what some community members are able to create, like Castaway's first renders.

Personally I don't feel very hyped yet because the Toolkit seemingly only gives instant value to the 3D-creators among us, but I hope we'll have a lot of those people sharing their creations, taking requests etc.

Hopefully this'll become a very valuable addition to Planet Coaster.

Hello coaster friends!

We have some awesome news for you today! A short while ago we announced the launch of the Thememaker's Toolkit, a new pipeline system for turning your 3D creations into Planet Coaster files! We know you've been eagerly awaiting more information on this update and we are excited to reveal that the Thememaker's Toolkit will be launching on:

20 November 2018!

The Thememaker's Toolkit is a free update and will allow you to upload 3D files created in 3D modelling programs (we currently support Maya, Blender and 3D Studio) and convert them into small bespoke items that can be used as scenery pieces in Planet Coaster. These can be later downloaded and placed in your Planet Coaster theme parks, or used as building blocks to make even more amazing piece-by-piece creations. You'll also be able to share all of your bespoke creations with the community for everyone to enjoy via the Steam workshop.

You can learn more about the Toolkit here with our Developer Guide - this guide will be continuously updated with improvements and information about the Toolkit. We've also updated the FAQ here, so please have a read there and if you have any more questions, let us know in the comments below.

As you may have already guessed based on the November streaming schedule, we will be doing a Thememaker's Toolkit deep dive livestream on 21 November at 7PM UTC on www.youtube.com/planetcoaster/live. Community Manager Chanté will talk to developers Joe Maddex and Sam Denney who will be walking you through the workings of the Toolkit and answer as many questions as they can.
Hope to see you there!

- Chanté [yesnod][heart]

Thank you so much for Theme Makers Tool Kit, it's very nice! I'm here to warn you that after the latest update it runs very slow, with 0 guests. Are you working to solve this problem? Thanks

I'm here to warn you that after the latest update it runs very slow, with 0 guests. Are you working to solve this problem? Thanks

I have exactly the same problem! Glad I'm not the only one, there was me thinking it was hardware playing up.

Previously it ran at a steady 15 FPS (which is steady for my current setup) and now it's dropped to around 9 FPS.

I have exactly the same problem! Glad I'm not the only one, there was me thinking it was hardware playing up.

Previously it ran at a steady 15 FPS (which is steady for my current setup) and now it's dropped to around 9 FPS.

If you haven't already, please provide your DXDIAG in the following thread:

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/34754-Choppy-gameplay-since-1-8-2-update

Plenty of us are already sharing our inability to enjoy the game since the severe performance drop after the latest updates. I have faith in the devs that this will get fixed soon. Love you Frontier!

After I subcribed Toolkit-Objects from the Steamworkshop, nothing was loaded into the Game. I have starting my Computer, Steam und Planet Coaster many times again. No new Items from the steam workshop in the game, Toolkit-Items and other Stuff from the Workshop. I have started my Computer,Steam, PlanCo the third time again and now Planet Coaster doesn´t run. Only the Cobra-Screen and then nothing, for hours or maybe longer.

I can´t play the game. This is a big problem. What should I do?

After I subcribed Toolkit-Objects from the Steamworkshop, nothing was loaded into the Game. I have starting my Computer, Steam und Planet Coaster many times again. No new Items from the steam workshop in the game, Toolkit-Items and other Stuff from the Workshop. I have started my Computer,Steam, PlanCo the third time again and now Planet Coaster doesn´t run. Only the Cobra-Screen and then nothing, for hours or maybe longer.

I can´t play the game. This is a big problem. What should I do?

i assume you have checked that the filters ingame were selected correctly? If you have it on “your creations” nothing will show up.

Regarding the loading screen: stick with it, sometimes it takes pretty long to load. If you believe it is frozen, try to verify the game files in the steam menu of the game. Maybe that will fix your problems.

Released nearly a month ago and still no Example Scenes. Maybe the game would not be so lame now if you give the users reasonable instructions and examples. So far, we owe the fantastic TMT objects in the workshop more or less to trial and error and the great help of the community.

Released nearly a month ago and still no Example Scenes. Maybe the game would not be so lame now if you give the users reasonable instructions and examples. So far, we owe the fantastic TMT objects in the workshop more or less to trial and error and the great help of the community.

Bit harsh Spanky, sometimes your posts are a little OTT and calling the game 'lame' is hardly the way to go about things. They've explained here they're coming soon so when they're ready to be made public, they will be:

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/34891-Pls-give-us-the-example-scenes

Top Bottom