Theories about Salvation and the fate of the Proteus Wave - 22/08/01

(I apologize for the spelling, this is an automatic translation and my proofreading ability is limited.)

Update 13 is scheduled to be released from August 8th. It has been announced that it will be a narrative update for the game and the first of two narrative updates that will be delivered this year. We believe this update will have the consequences of Salvation's superweapon.
Between the probability of success or failure in firing the weapon, a very crazy theory occurred to me. What if the proteus wave isn't a weapon?
  • Salvation is Caleb Wycherley who led Azimuth Biochemicals responsible for the Seraph project. The project aimed to create a neural interface that would allow humans to control thargoid ships. While the superweapons fired so far have eliminated the thargoids, could the Proteus Wave in HIP 22460 actually be an amplifier that allows Caleb to control all thargoid ships with his mind? After all, he himself said that the thargoid structure on the surface of planet 10B amplifies the signal of the proteus wave.

• The problem with this theory is that the earlier shots actually killed the thargoids. In the past Caleb Wycherley was hired by INRA to develop Mycoid and when the virus brought the war to an end, Caleb would not have been satisfied. He thought it likely that they would reemerge in time, "too insolent to accept human rule". He believed that only Azimuth, under his direction, would be capable of the action necessary to wipe out the Thargoid race forever.

• Another evidence of the weapon's power may be the name Proteus Wave. This name may be a reference to Proteus, Hesperus' secondary ship in the service of Azimuth Biochemicals where an accident occurred during research with Guardian artifacts in 3113. The artifact released a wave of radiation that killed all the scientists. That accident may have been the key to the current superweapon's lethality. Info: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Proteus
As it is more likely that the Proteus Wave is really a weapon of destruction, it would be interesting if it failed during activation and in a last desperate attempt, Salvation tried to use its neural interface to pilot a thargoid ship but ended up happening the opposite, the thargoids controlling the Salvation's mind and making him a means of communication with humanity. 😆

Tell me what you think, what should happen when Proteus Wave is activated?

Another interesting piece of information is that Salvation's fight against the thargoids may have a personal motivation. During Mycoid's preparation for the test, a Thargoid prisoner escaped from his cell. Several deaths occurred, Wycherley was injured and had to undergo medical treatment due to a facial injury that damaged his left eye. The operation to fully restore his sight was a success, but it left his left eye completely white. This earned him a new nickname among his staff, all of whom began referring to him as 'The Witch'. Info: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Salvation

1659392593952.png

Well, if you wanted to, I guess you could combine your first two points, and imagine that downing thargoid vessels, using the "superweapon", could be for the purpose of salvaging and reactivating them, with the witch's own troops as pilots -- he's already started to call for people to bring him everything they can get their hands on, in his case of rather prematurely proclaiming victory. :p

Okay, it's a game, i get that, make believe and whatever, but.....this whole genocide thing is, given what's going on in real-time/world, is a bit off. So, two musings, agree/don't/whatever....

1: Salvation is obviously a psycho on a par with 'you-know-who'....once this guy gets his superweapon - which it seems only he will contol - it's possibly gonna result in galactic mayhem with him as the New Deity On The Block (or Orion Spur at anyrate). Best we waste this dude sooner rather than later, and maybe disrupt his donor's supplies ASAP, and the donors too? Should get some good combat scenarios going, and a chance to pick up a lot of hi-tech/alien gear whilst we're at it. Let's change the script/narrative and invade HIP 22460 en-masse, kick off the war on 'our terms'. ie: constructive mayhem on this wierdo and his acolytes who wanna get their name on the "I Helped Salvation" plaque. Screw that, kill Salvation and plunder the ruins for ourselves? Randomise the script?

2: Do nothing and see how the new script pans out...for good or bad...after Salvation kills the Thargoids off, along with everyone parked in HIP 22460......

It's a game. So we can change it, or not, with enough CMDRs going against Salvation - just for the hell of it. Personally, I rather like the idea of rage against the machine/script !

See Ya....

I heard this one somewhere else on these forums...

The Proteus Wave is triggered and, within some large radius of HIP 22460, all/many human NPCs turn into Human Thargoid Hybrid Zombies, which are the new on-foot enemy...

The witch lights the big guardian beacon which becomes self aware and calls out for the real threat to come pay a visit.
AX pilots get a three way fight for their lives.

Second phase of Azimuth corporate strategy as outlined at Oaken Point?
I do notice he's rather less enthusiastic about Sirius presence than the Feds & Imps.
Both Thargoids and Cmdrs are being drawn to Hip 22460 in large numbers, obvious trap is obvious.
Alba Tessreau has been quieter than expected.
Might be an idea to check the itinerary for the Far God ships.
I suspect the Scriveners are not that far away.
Possible Guardian constructs remain an unknown.

Seems to me that the Thargs have some level of ability to confuse and/or alter the thought processes of humans. Was it the Adamastor or another ship where the crew went insane after encountering early Tharg phenomena? I imagine that they got to Salvation. The P-wave - in Salvation's conscious thought processes - was a weapon, but in reality he designed either a buff or a beacon or some such. The Thargs used Salvation as a way to co-opt humans into gathering resources which were necessary to build this device, and us easily-duped chimps were just happy enough to go along with it.

Q

As it is more likely that the Proteus Wave is really a weapon of destruction, it would be interesting if it failed during activation and in a last desperate attempt, Salvation tried to use its neural interface to pilot a thargoid ship but ended up happening the opposite, the thargoids controlling the Salvation's mind and making him a means of communication with humanity.
I made this assumption at the end of my initial post and there may be some truth to it... It may not be Salvation himself, but something tells me this is an unexpected consequence of his experiments. And I don't think it's a peaceful greeting...

Processed with adobe audition, noise reduction and 2x increased speed, preserved pitch.

I made this assumption at the end of my initial post and there may be some truth to it... It may not be Salvation himself, but something tells me this is an unexpected consequence of his experiments. And I don't think it's a peaceful greeting...

Processed with adobe audition, noise reduction and 2x increased speed, preserved pitch.
Greetings ? I don't know about you, but with me this phrase sounds after the departure of the Targoids.

1. It has long been known that the Sentinels defeated and drove the Targoids away. If the Targoids had the technology to destroy all the Guardian modules, would they have lost?

2. Everyone knows that the Guards were able to get in contact with the Targoids and talk to them, but could not negotiate.

That is just as much a 'Hello' as the Cutter has stairs

Top Bottom