Newcomer / Intro There's nothing out there I tell you I thought I would do a little bit of adventuring and decided to head towards the centre of the universe and here

There's nothing out there I tell you I thought I would do a little bit of adventuring and decided to head towards the centre of the universe and here I am I must be 50 or 60 jumps in and I said nothing no planets no space stations no resource extraction sites which is what I'm looking for now nothing just star after star called col2 85 something I'm changing direction but still seems much of the same unfortunately I didn't tag where I was where the rich pickings were so that's the end of my adventuring have tried all different filters for travelling and none of them make any difference whatsoever he's just totally barren out there so don't do it

Attachments

• IMG_20190706_061642.jpg
    IMG_20190706_061642.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20190706_061642.jpg
    IMG_20190706_061642.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 216
There's nothing out there I tell you I thought I would do a little bit of adventuring and decided to head towards the centre of the universe and here I am I must be 50 or 60 jumps in and I said nothing no planets no space stations no resource extraction sites which is what I'm looking for now nothing just star after star called col2 85 something I'm changing direction but still seems much of the same unfortunately I didn't tag where I was where the rich pickings were so that's the end of my adventuring have tried all different filters for travelling and none of them make any difference whatsoever he's just totally barren out there so don't do it

You didn't equip a FSS to check out those signal sources and unidentified bodies then?

Hey presto I set the filter 2 human civilization and now I've even got a navigation satellite and a starport things are looking up

Hey presto I set the filter 2 human civilization and now I've even got a navigation satellite and a starport things are looking up

99.99% of the galaxy is uninhabited, so you will need to equip an FSS and and scan signals to find out what is there. There may have been asteroid bases and other things in systems you have passed through but you won't know it unless you pack an FSS and check out the signal sources.

@ O.P.: I think you forgot these ,,,,,,,,,,,....,,,,...,.

Nah, he went exploring looking for alien things he's never seen before but obviously couldn't find any, I think the Thargoid have a few of these ,,,,,,, hidden away, now what system does he need to go for them?

The ,'s and .'s are rare mining artifacts. A bit like paragraphite clusters and extremelylongthreadquestiontitlesthatwouldbetteradddressedwithamoresuccintheading crystals. But yeah, the galaxy is a huge smorgasbord of unexplored whatsits. The universe is something else entirely.

There are 400 billion star systems in the ED galaxy. About 20,000 of them are inhabited, and the vast majority of those inhabited systems are within 200 LY of Sol. The rest of the galaxy is almost completely empty, in terms of human settlements, starports, etc. There are just a few scattered, tiny islands in a vast empty sea. If you are heading off in the geneal direction of the Galactic Core, once you leave the Bubble (the Pand system is pretty much the edge of the Bubble in that direction) the next starport on the route is the Mammon system, 1000 LYs from Sol; after that, the next is the Blu Thua AI-A c14-10 system, 2105 LY from Sol. You will not find such starports just by flying around at random. So an explorer needs to be self-sufficient in terms of fuel, supplies and repair capability.

There ought to be plenty of planets to find out there, though, but in a truly Unexplored star system (that is, one where literally no-one has ever been before), you need to use the FSS to find them. Not that you've actually travelled out far enough to see such systems yet - you need to be out about 1000 LY from Sol before you get a good chance to do any genuine exploring.

And the vast majority of those uninhabited star systems are, actually, rather boring - either no planets, or nothing but cold, barren iceballs with the occasional gas giant and rocky moon. Finding actually interesting and valuable (in terms of credits paid for scanning them) is rare, espeicially if you're just jumping around randomly. You can increase your chances of finding the good stuff by filtering out star types that are usually boring. For example, you should probably filter out M-class stars and all the brown dwarfs. They're usually pretty boring, so if it's action, adventure, excitement and the discovery of rare and valuable things that you're after, skip over those. Col 285 Sector YM-F b26-0 is a good example; it's an M-class star and doesn't have any planets. At least, none of the 35 EDSM-users who have visited that system before you ever found planets there.

There's nothing out there I tell you...I thought I would do a little bit of adventuring and decided to head towards the centre of the universe and here I am. I must be 50 or 60 jumps in and (like) I said nothing... no planets no space stations no resource extraction sites which is what I'm looking for.

Now, nothing, just star after star called col2 85 something... I'm changing direction but still seems much of the same. Unfortunately I didn't tag where I was where the rich pickings were so that's the end of my adventuring. (I) have tried all different filters for travelling and none of them make any difference whatsoever, he's (it's maybe) just totally barren out there so don't do it.

Sorry if my addition of punctuation/(words in parenthesis) changed the meaning of what you were trying to say, but I had to do it...Anyway...

1) It can take 50 or 60 jumps (or more depending on your jump range) just to clear the Bubble. Was your intent to get out into the Deep Black, or just to hop out a few hundred LYs and poke around? It took me 643 jumps on a dog-legged course to reach Sag A*, 848 total to then get to Colonia, and I am now at 1122 jumps and still have about 175 jumps to reach LHS 20 again. If you are wanting to Go Deep, then don't expect to see anything out there once you get beyond the Bubble besides Stars and Planetary Bodies. It took over 900+ jumps to Finally find a Neutron Star. Once you get out there, you won't see Unidentified Signals (i.e. Ships in distress, weapons fire, wedding parties...nothing). If you are not Honking the system when you jump in, then doing an FSS, you are not going to see much at all. If you didn't equip a DSS, you can't map...Mapping can be a pain, but I always map the valuable worlds unless they are like 300,000+ LS out (I left a couple like that, Sorry not traveling 432,000 LS to map an Ammonia world).

2) If you are only going out to do (Enter Operation of Choice Here), and you are looking outside the Bubble, about all you will find is Mining. There are systems out there that might be a veritable Gold Mine, but if you don't honk and scan you won't find them, then if you don't Map the suspected Body/Rings, you won't find anything. Also, unless it is an inhabited system you are probably not going to find Resource Sites. You will have to map the Rings and see what pops up. I have one system saved that has a Void Opal Site in a ring (No, I won't give up the name). The only way I found it was to Honk, Scan, Map and Voila!

3) As you may know, Mining within a system that has ships in it (NPC) will invite pirates to want a cut of the action. Mining outside the Bubble may free you from NPC harassment during the Mining portion of the operation, but once you are back, either sell your cargo at the first station you find, or Git Gud at evading Interdiction if you are traveling to your favorite Station. Because if you are hauling something nice, again, pirates will want their cut.

Just my 2 Credits worth...

Take Care and Check Six Commanders o7

Lakon Michael Charlie Golf signing off...

Top Bottom