PvP Thermal conduit conundrum.

So thermal conduit, worth it or waste of a special? Anyone got any hard info on just what sort of damage boost it supposed to give at different heat levels?

Enquiring minds want to know, cheers in advance.

ps. primarily thinking of using it on PA/APA build but interested in the special in general.:S

The Replicated Man

T
So thermal conduit, worth it or waste of a special? Anyone got any hard info on just what sort of damage boost it supposed to give at different heat levels?

Enquiring minds want to know, cheers in advance.

ps. primarily thinking of using it on PA/APA build but interested in the special in general.:S

Very Viable. Works exceptionally well with Short Range and Overcharged Plasma

I´m very interested in Thermal Conduit too. Got the feeling that it might be overlooked a bit.
Does anyone know the heatlevel/damage-buff coeffiecent?

I have a pair SRB Thermal Conduit in my Phantoms large HPs and a pair of Longrange TLB/Dispersal in the mediums.
Alternating between them allows for heat management. I get the feeling the SRB TCs do gain a significant damage buff above 100% heat.
Probably a bit more than the 3% the other special effect (overloaded or so) gets.

Would be interesting to test a bit deeper.

Been seen quite of number of these threads over last 2 years...

The description of effect itself its bit misleading, since it does work much more simpler than this, there is no such thing as "damage buff based on diffrent heat levels", if ship is under 100% heat, there is no additional damage, once reached 100% or above, then effect kicks in. I can confirm that it works only when ship heat is above 100% and it does 30-50% dmg boost. Not quite sure if its 30% or 50%, some folks say its 30% while some claim its 50%.... There is no diffence if ship heat is 101% or 200%, dmg buff will be same for all heat levels above 100%.

Last edited:

AP Birdman

Banned
I know that one of our DRTY Co guys uses it and he calls it his "hot builds" and they hit like a freight train. I'm pretty sure he's using it on PA's but I'll ask him when he's on tomorrow.

0% below 70% heat.
Around 10% at 100% heat.
Cap at 30% at 170% heat+.

These are vague numbers and may be incorrect but that's what I got from testing it in PAs.

Thanks for the replies everyone , by kaim & bladebss numbers I think I may use something else, not as big a buff as I thought if you got to cook to get it.

Any recommendations for APA's, was steering clear of TLB till we know if the nerf was a bug or intentional and thought something different would be worth a try. How about phasing or is that just for scaring off FDL without armour?

With gardian shield boosters now a thing many ships are stuffed full of them and have paper thin hulls so not just fdls now. But tlb is still worth it even with a cool down.

A combo of dispersal and dazzel can be ok especialy with tlb.

Or go phasing all the way and at least then you have covered all the bases on terms of countering mega shilded ships that have pushed the envelope too far for there own good.

Not like your going to be using anything other than plasma and rails or frags any time soon any way so might as well get a set of each and see

0% below 70% heat.
Around 10% at 100% heat.
Cap at 30% at 170% heat+.

These are vague numbers and may be incorrect but that's what I got from testing it in PAs.

Ah kewl. 10% at 100% is decent in my books. The most you can get from special effects is 3% via Oversized.
And if you already have TLB & Dispersal thats a pretty good deal considering all other special effects are more or less useless on PAs. (Except you´re runnng all phasing. Which I dont. Yet..)

I also think different ships handle heat differently. Using TC on my Phantom seems ok in terms of module damage. On my Chieftain not so much.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Until they fix the heat bug (increased module damage based on instance size) I would stay away from any weapon that requires you to overheat your ship tbh. Atleast if you engage in wingfights on a regular basis. ymmv ofcourse.

Until they fix the heat bug (increased module damage based on instance size) I would stay away from any weapon that requires you to overheat your ship tbh. Atleast if you engage in wingfights on a regular basis. ymmv ofcourse.

Thanks for that detail, didn't know there was a bug, cheers.

Cheers blade, thoughts on focused vs overcharged?

Focused is good for PvP (especially wing PvP) if you can handle the heat. If you have the power and weight available, run Long Range to be slightly colder and have no falloff
The distro draw on OC is usually a bit much for me. I prefer SRB g4: you still get 2100m range and no more distro draw (but you will run very hot!)

Last edited:
Cheers blade, thoughts on focused vs overcharged?

Focused is better than overcharged imo. But i would choose short range over overcharged and long range over focused.

If you have a ship with good pitch or your are good with faoff go short range and if you arnt so good with faoff or you have not got good pitch go long range.

Thermal conduit synagises well with shortrange as it kiks the heat up. But this can be true of plasma just any way.

I have an anaconda with all short range thermal conduit plasma and its oh so much fun but i cant realy use it in pvp unless its a 1v1 duel as the heat bug make your weapons melt off before you kill the enemy alot of the time.

This is a little fun vid i made a wile back of it in action in pve.

Before the nerf i had an efficient thermal conduit plasma conda instead and that was a more tamed beast and i did about the same damage when cooking as this one does cold.

https://youtu.be/qHMXydRGkng

Huge thanks to blade and all contributers again. Think I will get myself a set of short range and a set of foucused and see which suits my mediocre flying skills the most.

Peace and Love brothers ( with a side helping of hot plasma )

Focused is good for PvP (especially wing PvP) if you can handle the heat. If you have the power and weight available, run Long Range to be slightly colder and have no falloff
The distro draw on OC is usually a bit much for me. I prefer SRB g4: you still get 2100m range and no more distro draw (but you will run very hot!)

Why would you go g4 only?

Top Bottom