PvP Thermal conduit conundrum.

The Replicated Man

T
Why would you go g4 only?

Most likely thermal load and distro draw. I have a pair of G5 ones on my FDL and ended up frying my Lightweight sensors in the middle of a fight the other day.

Gotta watch your heat with these spicy bois. The Damage output was sweet though!

Why would you go g4 only?

G5 Short Range has +75% damage but -50% range (1750m)

Meanwhile G4 has +63% damage and -40% range (2100m, though more like 2000 considering falloff)

So while you're still doing 93% damage, you get 20% more range. Especially considering that you'll want to take a lot of shots between 1750-2000m, it's definitely worth it.

Meanwhile G4 has +63% damage and -40% range (2100m, though more like 2000 considering falloff)

So while you're still doing 93% damage, you get 20% more range. Especially considering that you'll want to take a lot of shots between 1750-2000m, it's definitely worth it.

Ok that makes sense! Gotta love those intricancies!
Is there a way to downgrade a module? I, of course, went fully G5 :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone , by kaim & bladebss numbers I think I may use something else, not as big a buff as I thought if you got to cook to get it.

Any recommendations for APA's, was steering clear of TLB till we know if the nerf was a bug or intentional and thought something different would be worth a try. How about phasing or is that just for scaring off FDL without armour?

Unfortunatly, it is intended. Because FDev dont seem to grasp the concept of effective countermeasures.

Thats kind of a weird choice..

OC has 70% increase in damage and zero drop in range. Why you would go with short range is beyond me there. It's like intentionally gimping your ship.

EDIT: Yes distro draw is better on SR, but in my mind that should'nt be a problem if you can pips. Which I would imgine you can, hearing of your reputation.

Last edited:
Thats kind of a weird choice..

OC has 70% increase in damage and zero drop in range. Why you would go with short range is beyond me there. It's like intentionally gimping your ship.

EDIT: Yes distro draw is better on SR, but in my mind that should'nt be a problem if you can pips. Which I would imgine you can, hearing of your reputation.

ganked me with that quick edit

SR advantage is distro, purely a DpE consideration I believe. get around 30% more per energy compared to OC

also for lulz build of cytos with inertial impact which i'll unlock and play around with eventually

Last edited:
Top Bottom