Thermal Conduit Mechanics Q

Anyone know if the boost is applied to the projectile when your ship overheats, or if the boost is applied to the weapon? Meaning, if firing a TC PA causes my ship to overheat, will that shot receive the boost, or must my ship be overheated prior to firing for the boost to be applied on firing?

Thanks in advance.

I think it's been nerfed into pretty much being utterly pointless. I believe on launch people were getting some hideously high bonuses out of it, so FD overcompensated a little bit and now you might as well just use it to make some popcorn. Don't quote me on that one :D

Anyone know if the boost is applied to the projectile when your ship overheats, or if the boost is applied to the weapon? Meaning, if firing a TC PA causes my ship to overheat, will that shot receive the boost, or must my ship be overheated prior to firing for the boost to be applied on firing?

Thanks in advance.

What @Attack Chimp said. You need to be already overheated.

As for the exact heat threshold and damage buff figures, more tests would come in handy I think.

Old test results (just off the top of my head) used to show 10% ish bonus at 100% heat and 30% ish cap at very high (above 150% 170%?) temperatures (it was made by @Crimson Kaim IIRC). According to more recent tests it's no longer the case. The conventional wisdom at GCI (Galactic Combat Initiative discord server) is - if below 100% heat you deal the stated damage for the weapon after engineering blueprint (plus maybe some insignificant damage buff at heat levels close to 100%). If above 100% heat you deal an additional 60% (total 160% damage) of the stated damage for the weapon after the engineering blueprint. For PAs. I'm not sure about other weapons (beams etc).

It's well worth it to join the GCI discord if you have further questions BTW.

What @Attack Chimp said. You need to be already overheated.

As for the exact heat threshold and damage buff figures, more tests would come in handy I think.

Old test results (just off the top of my head) used to show 10% ish bonus at 100% heat and 30% ish cap at very high (above 150% 170%?) temperatures (it was made by @Crimson Kaim IIRC). According to more recent tests it's no longer the case. The conventional wisdom at GCI (Galactic Combat Initiative discord server) is - if below 100% heat you deal the stated damage for the weapon after engineering blueprint (plus maybe some insignificant damage buff at heat levels close to 100%). If above 100% heat you deal an additional 60% (total 160% damage) of the stated damage for the weapon after the engineering blueprint. For PAs. I'm not sure about other weapons (beams etc).

It's well worth it to join the GCI discord if you have further questions BTW.

The tests I did were some months ago, right aftr the TC rebalance. I am not aware tha tTC has been changed in that time until today again so I assume the test results are to be correct.
It scales lineary and doesn't "jump" to max damage when crossing a threshold. It should still be around 10% extra damage at 100% heat and the total 30% damage on top at around 180% heat (when the ship starts taking hull damage).
Still using TC today and I don't feel they work any different.

The tests I did were some months ago, right aftr the TC rebalance. I am not aware tha tTC has been changed in that time until today again so I assume the test results are to be correct.
It scales lineary and doesn't "jump" to max damage when crossing a threshold. It should still be around 10% extra damage at 100% heat and the total 30% damage on top at around 180% heat (when the ship starts taking hull damage).
Still using TC today and I don't feel they work any different.

Great, thanks!

It's still a bit controversial, Rui was testing it too (although he may have tested some other kind of weapon, I'm not sure).

Beams should be 60% extra damage once 101% is reached, at least that is what Rui told me and he's the expert on beams and heat.

Top Bottom