They wouldn't ... would they?

Okay 3.3 is about to drop and a lot of Commanders have stated they are pre-positioning modules and themselves at Jameson Memorial so everything will be in place and as soon as they can they can buy the new ships (and yes I am one of them lol).

But remember the Gnosis fiasco? Can you imagine the outrage if when we finally get to log on after the update we find that Jameson Memorial has been attacked by Thargoids and we have to repair it before we can use the shipyard and outfitting.

The evil part of me kinds of wishes this would happen, the sensible part shudders at the thought (and the resulting forum meltdown :D)

Unlikely I think, more danger from other commanders if your in open at Jamieson :p
That said It would be convenient for me as I normally have to ship my anti-thargoid kit from Jamieson to wherever the Thargoids are "this" week - be handy if they lined up outside for me to zap :)

Oh M00ka, you are evil, I love it, it would actually be funny if FDev decided to do this, I'm a handful of jumps from shinrarta, but you've now got me thinking should I make sure to switch to my thargoid hunting krait in anticipation of the first "incursion".

Nah - first incursions will be on Thursday as usual. I'm betting 63 G. Capricorni from the number of Hydra, maybe one of the others if people have switched off for the week.

I was actually sitting in a station just now and hoping they add the 'spacelegs=1' option for this release, it all looks so ready ;)

Nah - first incursions will be on Thursday as usual. I'm betting 63 G. Capricorni from the number of Hydra, maybe one of the others if people have switched off for the week.

I was actually sitting in a station just now and hoping they add the 'spacelegs=1' option for this release, it all looks so ready ;)

Ah spacelegs... will they? won't they? can they?
Someone made me think in another thread, don't recall who, that with the work in JWE and PC, they probably already have the technical part done. Just plug in a module, add the right calls and switch on.
Of course, the problem is environment. Ships? Well we have cockpits/bridges, but what about living areas, airlocks etc? Stations? Well, they *might* have teams working on assets in the background so...
But I suspect they'll wait til atmospheric landings are done.

But Thargoids at Jameson eh? I hope not, but unlike some here, I'd prefer not to tempt fate too much.

But remember the Gnosis fiasco? Can you imagine the outrage if when we finally get to log on after the update we find that Jameson Memorial has been attacked by Thargoids and we have to repair it before we can use the shipyard and outfitting.

Oh the horror of having to fly to an other station that has a higher discount on stuff…

Tragically even if Shinrarta did get hit, because of the weak boned mechanic to move all the ships to a nearby starport during the stations troubles, we'd all just get our ships from lft926 and carry on regardless.

Discount? Who cares when you have this much credits. By all means pop over to Lidl Orbital or Aldi Dock.

Well it's all true, but flying down to Lidl Orbital to find they don't stock it, or worse, sell a generic alternative that works almost (but not quite) as well, but of course can't be engineered... or Aldi Dock where they don't have stuph for your iShip, or at least, only grey market stuff in entirely the wrong shade of beige that will stick out like a sore thumb against that shiny Dyson Imperial White...

I could find Aldiss dock in Helios, but no Lidl Orbital anywhere and still no money off special offer coupons...

#yeah-iwasextractingtheurinethere

They wouldn't take 'god mods' of a handful of players; no chance they are going to do anything to cause anyone significant losses. Elite: Safe as Houses.

I wish the space flowers would do some sort of blitzkrieg attack (e.g. all systems from Maia to Shinrarta in a 25 ly radius along the line would be attacked at once). Players could then spend the next 6+ months to push the invasion back or watch the bubble burn. Unfortunately they already revealed in the live stream that some systems or stations cannot be attacked by space flowers and Founders is most likely one of them.

I also wish that any system that is under attack by space flowers would extend a 25 ly radius where you can be hyperdicted by hostile Cyclops. They wouldn't just scan you they'd go straight for the kill.

I can't fly to Jameson because I've yet to achieve Elite in any rank... which just makes beta more of a tease when Shinrarta was made available to everyone.... such a tease...

I can't fly to Jameson because I've yet to achieve Elite in any rank... which just makes beta more of a tease when Shinrarta was made available to everyone.... such a tease...

DW2 starts soon...good opportunity to get an exploration elite rank... or at least good progress along the way.

Just before starting this post I'd like to reiterate that I got my triple elite status before 2.3 dropped and all the sillyness started. But today getting elite rank has never been easier, they upped the exploration rewards, without upping the amount of credits profit from exploration to make the rank, meaning it now goes up silly fast. Even more so that sight seeing missions pay towards exploration rank. Combat elite, thargoid scouts are counted as elite, go scout-splatting and watch the combat rank soar. Trade Rank, A-B trade runs in a Type 7 with its recently buffed cargo capacity do wonders for it, and unless I'm mistaken "fetch us this stuff" type missions that pay way over the odds also count towards trade rank.

Top Bottom