General Gameplay Third Person Ranger / ACU Mode

Your Feature Request / Idea
Hi Frontier,

This is something I have thought about a lot, and if any of the moderators here could just let me know if they have passed this on to the developers I would massively appreciate it. I know people have spoken about this already, but I thought I would share my view on it.

My suggestion is that you make it possible that you can control an ACU / ranger on foot in a third person (over the shoulder camera angle) mode. The camera should be further away when moving around, and zoom in a bit more when aiming the rifle, as it does already when in the jeep / helicopter. The animations for humans walking / running are already there, and the shooting mechanics are already there as well. I realise it’s more complex than that, but this would make the game endlessly replayable!

No one would expect it to be a solid 3rd person shooter mechanic on par with things like red dead redemption, because this is a park builder after all, but to be a person on foot with these giant dinosaurs around you would be incredible. Running and shooting at the same time wouldn’t even be necessary, I’d be happy with moving around, and then having to stand still while aiming the rifle (which would be identical to how it is currently).

The reason that this mechanic would improve the game, and be a gold mine for you, is that you could incorporate it into DLC, or extra game modes. For example, a Lost World DLC where you play as Roland Tembo on Site B. Rather than build the island, you wander around a pre-built map as Roland and have to tranquillise certain dinosaur species (and of course the buck Rex - who’s skin you unlock by doing this). You could do an original JP DLC as Robert Muldoon. JP3 as Cooper or one of the other mercenaries. Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom as Owen Grady. The possibilities are endless.

The only thing would be making the dinosaur AI respond to a human on foot. The set animations wouldn’t work anymore, so it would have to be changed so that the carnivores would run directly at you (rather than circle you like they do with jeeps), and eat you like the Spinosaurus does to Cooper in JP3. The small carnivores could have a pounce attack. The herbivores should be chilled out unless you get too close, in which case they may charge and kill you like they already do to the guests when they break out. I wouldn’t mind if the deaths were a simple rag doll mechanic like how the guests get killed currently, even though it would be better if a large carnivore actually picked you up in its mouth and swallowed you, a simple charge and trample (rag doll physics) would be an ok starting point. The ability to stealth, and crouch so that the dinosaurs couldn’t see you as easily would be awesome too, but that’s probably a bit much to ask!

The main menu could then have the usual campaign mode, challenge mode, and other modes like story mode, or ‘hunter mode’ etc. I honestly believe that this would make the game one of the greatest games ever, and open it up to a whole new audience too.

You have created a beautiful game, and I love it. This though, this would make me play it forever. If anyone else wants to share their thoughts, I’d be interested to hear what you all think.

Top Bottom