This game is WAY over micro managing. Can you make it a bit more simple and easier to train staff, open/close all rides, pay rates, etc

This game is WAY over micro managing. Can you make it a bit more simple and easier to train staff, open/close all rides, pay rates, etc

I love the game, but seriously its not fun at all having to train all of the staff individually.

On the staff management tab there is a list of all of the staff. It shows the level of pay and training etc. Can you please add a button so that we can easily go down the list and train/raise pay as needed.

I don't have all day to go through every single ride/attraction/staff member to train each every so many days. It'd be a lot easier if we could simply press a button on the list instead of opening every single team member individually, finding the training tab, figuring out if we can even TRAIN them at the moment, then telling the training to happen. To many steps. Same with the pay, I can happily see all of the staffs current pay, but if I want to raise pays then I have to go through every team member individually once again and without any knowledge guess the pay range they should be raised too.

Also can you have a tab to open/close all rides, a tab to open/close all shops/etc

Just some feedback, please keep in mind this is a simulation not a real life game. I don't want to have to sit every team member down for training, I'd rather just push a button on a list and train that way.

Its not fun to have to do training each time you hire a new person, but on the other hand I personally don't mind because once they are happy they tend to stay happy and only the new employees need effort. Seems to be a decent trade off compared to how they could be always complaining... But who knows maybe they will think of an even more fun system later on?

There should be game modes. Beginner, novice and expert and the required player actions should reflect the skill level the gamer chooses. Not everyone enjoys micro-managing however some people like myself do and are control freaks [where is it]. Again, sounds like to me that the developers and Frontier are only interested in creating a game THEY would enjoy, but not their customers.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
There should be game modes. Beginner, novice and expert and the required player actions should reflect the skill level the gamer chooses. Not everyone enjoys micro-managing however some people like myself do and are control freaks [where is it]. Again, sounds like to me that the developers and Frontier are only interested in creating a game THEY would enjoy, but not their customers.
The majority of the community does enjoy the game. That being said, the Planet Coaster beta has a challenge mode in which you can choose different difficulty settings, so there is something to choose from...

challenge mode difficulty is not about how the management stuff works.

the management features of PC are dull. Staff training should have worked like the game Theme Hospital where you build a staff training facility and break room, and they train/rest themselves.

Hiring individual janitors is annoying, they should come in groups of 5 since you will never be hiring just 1 at a time. Frontier did not take into consideration the fact that there are waaayyy more guests in PC so we need waayyy more employees and training each one is not fun. Then add on to that pricing each individual item per shop?? It puts me to sleep because I have to keep pausing to take care of "management" and then I fast forward until something happens. Theres not a good "flow"

The game is filled with great features and options that satisfies a vast majority of the fans requests, but they totally ignored the fact that part of having fun is also simplicity. Not everybody is a master builder who wants to focus on building fancy queues, I just like having interesting challenging scenarios in like in the first RCT game. neither RCT2 or RCT3 had the same charm when it comes to scenarios.

Just look how quick/boring the current 2 stages are. Pirate battle just gives you the easy and medium objectives completed from the start by placing a couple flat rides, and the hard objective is completed with just a few more flat rides placed down. Monolith is a little bit better, but I was really hoping for more from the career mode.

I think the problem is they give us too much, but they dont know how to give an actual challenge to the game aside from "complete and total creative freedom" (which is great dont get me wrong, Im not complaining) but they completely failed to change or improve the management and career feature compared to that of RCT3 and that was my biggest hope for this game. That along with first person mode which is lacking, not to mention all the other things that were held back.

WHERES THE VANDALISM SHOWN IN THE ORIGINAL TEASER [sad]

Last edited:
The staff stuff is definitely outdated. It's just a bad design philosophy. There's no benefit to the training or raises etc., no compelling reason to do it at all except you have to in order to prevent them quitting. It's the definition of self-justifying busy work, and totally unnecessary considering how much time most people are sinking into the busy work of designing the park itself. The game just flat out doesn't need to waste our time with filler tasks, there's already plenty to be doing.

Staff management absolutely needs to become either simpler, vastly more interesting and engaging, or gone entirely. Honestly I would have no problem with the third option, it's a mechanic that has no justification beyond the fact that it existed in the earlier games.

Frontier decided to remove the guards from release as they're making way for the more important in-game features (not to mention it's only a week until it releases), so you can expect them to come back (Along with vandalism) in a future update.

Is there any way to collectively raise the price of an item? like if i want the strawberry milkshake upped to 7$ i have to click every stand now. There must be a way to do them all at once?

And this is why you cant please anyone, some people want more micromanaging, and some people want less.
I think its pretty basic (in a good way) right now.

Thankfully not in the game.
I dont want to see my meticolously made buidlings be vandalised in any way or form.

Guards hopefully are in the future, but broken things is absurd in this game and needs to go (and has gone thankfully) the way of the dodo. Let vandals hit mascots or whatever, but do not touch buildings or scenery.

The problem seems to be a UI problem rather than a micro-manage problem. I think most would agree that the management parts are really good it's just frustrating having to click on each employee in order to change their wages and train them. Same for changing prices on food/drink stuff. Would be really nice if they actually used the Park Management tab to allow for some more changes in the game. It shouldn't be that hard for them to include a UI that allows for quick and easy changing of prices, opening/closing of rides, training employees, etc.

Yes, I was pretty frustrated last night when I noticed I couldn't close all my rides/shops, etc. at the same time.

I don't agree that there is too much micromanagement, i like that element.

I do think that the UI is not particuarly good. Like staff, i want to click their name to open their window, not to move to their location. Particuarly annoying when you want them to move to your location.

Train all staff 1 up - impossible

Auto set food add ons (i.e automatically none, or moderate when new facilites placed).

It's very disappointing.

Don't have any problem with the training of staff individually myself, my only gripe is that you have to click each staff member one by one and navigate to the training part of their settings panel. In RCT you could do training right there from the staff list.

Agree on not being able to set a single price for items across all of your shops, that's a basic feature that RCT 1 had if I remember correctly. A simply tick box next to the price to set the same on all shops of the same type.

Don't see a need for opening and closing all shops/rides at once though, don't really see a use for that. Personally speaking.

Don't see a need for opening and closing all shops/rides at once though, don't really see a use for that. Personally speaking.

It's handy if you have built a few things and just want to make sure everything is open.

Also for those that like to simulate their park closing at night.

Yeah that's fine mate. Not saying you shouldn't have that feature just because I personally don't need it (I'm not one of THOSE guys [haha]), was just saying I wouldn't use that personally.

I love the game, but seriously its not fun at all having to train all of the staff individually.

On the staff management tab there is a list of all of the staff. It shows the level of pay and training etc. Can you please add a button so that we can easily go down the list and train/raise pay as needed.

I don't have all day to go through every single ride/attraction/staff member to train each every so many days. It'd be a lot easier if we could simply press a button on the list instead of opening every single team member individually, finding the training tab, figuring out if we can even TRAIN them at the moment, then telling the training to happen. To many steps. Same with the pay, I can happily see all of the staffs current pay, but if I want to raise pays then I have to go through every team member individually once again and without any knowledge guess the pay range they should be raised too.

Also can you have a tab to open/close all rides, a tab to open/close all shops/etc

Just some feedback, please keep in mind this is a simulation not a real life game. I don't want to have to sit every team member down for training, I'd rather just push a button on a list and train that way.

+1000. Completely agree with this.

+1

We need something like this,
s381Mwc.jpg

Top Bottom