This was awesome.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I was busy playing Minecraft with friends when I got a message on my phone.

I only bothered to look at the message half an hour later, but I got some awesome news!

My sister's fiancé messaged me, letting me he just picked up Elder Scrolls Online!

He'll officially be my brother-in-law in just over two months, and so being able to play this truly epic game together is gonna' be awesome.

He's loving the game too. He's subscribed to ESO+ and now has access to everything but Summerset. This means, bar Summerset, we can quest together anywhere!

I'm really happy about this. I'm hoping this will increase the communication between myself & him, significantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
That's cool that you'll be able to game together. :)

I'm still avoiding ESO myself. I refuse to buy into an MMO Elder Scrolls. I'm stubborn. ;)

Deleted member 110222

D
That's cool that you'll be able to game together. :)

I'm still avoiding ESO myself. I refuse to buy into an MMO Elder Scrolls. I'm stubborn. ;)

That's fair enough. Personally I love the setting. Fact is the game lets you visit pretty much everywhere in Tamriel. And beyond! Hell we can actually visit Black Marsh now!

ALL THE LIZARD PEOPLE!

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
That's fair enough. Personally I love the setting. Fact is the game lets you visit pretty much everywhere in Tamriel. And beyond! Hell we can actually visit Black Marsh now!

ALL THE LIZARD PEOPLE!

Black Marsh is supposed to be pretty toxic to non-Argonians. You can just travel there?

And don't even tell me about Elsewheyr. Are there all the different types of Khajiit? Ohmes? Dagi Raht?

MAH LORE!! IT HURTS!! :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Black Marsh is supposed to be pretty toxic to non-Argonians. You can just travel there?

MAH LORE!! IT HURTS!! :D

Yep'.

But Black Marsh has never been devoid of Imperial activity. It was used for prisons. And it's one such prison why we can visit this small region of Black Marsh.

Ok, I've never played ESO (not really an MMO fan) - but I'm curious. How do the versions of Cyrodiil and Skyrim etc. compare with the same provinces in the single-player games? Identical? Smaller? Bigger? Completely different?

I was busy playing Minecraft with friends when I got a message on my phone.

I only bothered to look at the message half an hour later, but I got some awesome news!

My sister's fiancé messaged me, letting me he just picked up Elder Scrolls Online!

He'll officially be my brother-in-law in just over two months, and so being able to play this truly epic game together is gonna' be awesome.

He's loving the game too. He's subscribed to ESO+ and now has access to everything but Summerset. This means, bar Summerset, we can quest together anywhere!

I'm really happy about this. I'm hoping this will increase the communication between myself & him, significantly.

That's great. I am not that much into playing with other people in general, but playing with people you know is usually great.
One of the best times of my life was when I was playing the Borderlands 2 with my brother. Good times.

Deleted member 110222

D
Ok, I've never played ESO (not really an MMO fan) - but I'm curious. How do the versions of Cyrodiil and Skyrim etc. compare with the same provinces in the single-player games? Identical? Smaller? Bigger? Completely different?

I would say... Hmm.

Well, Cyrodiil is huge. There's a reason people call it horse riding simulator. (For me that isn't a complaint. I love my horse & Cyrodiil is beautiful. Do at least one scout run a day.)

I think different is the best description. Do remember that ESO is set 800 years before Oblivion; 1000 years before Skyrim!

Tamriel is different in basically every respect. But... It's fantastic. The world is huge, and very varied.

Dungeons are brilliant, and the lore! Oh there is so much to discover...

It is a true MMO though. Plays nothing like the SP games.

Sounds fun. I've started and stopped playing ESO a bunch of times.

I don't really love the combat, and I really dislike having crowds of other people always in the way, doing the same thing I'm doing as if they were the chosen one and not me! :p

But, I think it has a lot to like, and it's improved over time. There are a lot of stories and lore, books to read, stuff to explore and figure out, quests, quests, quests, crafting, etc. If I could have Solo mode in ESO, I'd be a very happy player, lol.

I'm currently playing, as it happens. I decided to give it another go, with the new expansion coming out. Maybe I'll make it past level 20 this time :p

Deleted member 110222

D
Sounds fun. I've started and stopped playing ESO a bunch of times.

I don't really love the combat, and I really dislike having crowds of other people always in the way, doing the same thing I'm doing as if they were the chosen one and not me! :p

But, I think it has a lot to like, and it's improved over time. There are a lot of stories and lore, books to read, stuff to explore and figure out, quests, quests, quests, crafting, etc. If I could have Solo mode in ESO, I'd be a very happy player, lol.

I'm currently playing, as it happens. I decided to give it another go, with the new expansion coming out. Maybe I'll make it past level 20 this time :p

I can't get enough of the game. I'm already approaching 100 hours within a month of buying.

IIRC you could go everywhere in Tamriel in the original ES:Arena too. Not that it meant much, all the cities looked the same, just had different races in them depending on where you were. Shopping was also great in that game too. You could go to a store, attempt to steal from the shopkeeper, fail, he would magically disappear and guards would enter yelling "Halt! Halt!". At which point you could jump onto the shop counter where they couldn't get you, then kill them with impunity. After looting their corpses for stuffz, you could re-enter the store, the shopkeeper would be back, happily buy all your looted gear with no memory of what just happened then thank you for your custom and bid you a pleasant day.

Shame about Oblivion though where every guard in the city would barge into the store and beat you to death just for knocking an apple off a table.

One thing that would worry me about ESO is that in the single player games, you could just reload a save after you've finished messing about and slaughtering a town. I'm guessing ESO doesn't give you that option.

Deleted member 110222

D
IIRC you could go everywhere in Tamriel in the original ES:Arena too. Not that it meant much, all the cities looked the same, just had different races in them depending on where you were. Shopping was also great in that game too. You could go to a store, attempt to steal from the shopkeeper, fail, he would magically disappear and guards would enter yelling "Halt! Halt!". At which point you could jump onto the shop counter where they couldn't get you, then kill them with impunity. After looting their corpses for stuffz, you could re-enter the store, the shopkeeper would be back, happily buy all your looted gear with no memory of what just happened then thank you for your custom and bid you a pleasant day.

Shame about Oblivion though where every guard in the city would barge into the store and beat you to death just for knocking an apple off a table.

One thing that would worry me about ESO is that in the single player games, you could just reload a save after you've finished messing about and slaughtering a town. I'm guessing ESO doesn't give you that option.

NPCs respawn fairly quickly. Guards are also invincible.

It's a solid system that keeps players in check. You never see towns devoid of NPC life.

Top Bottom