General / Off-Topic Thor 4 will be a woman playing Thor, really not kidding!

That's okay, End Game was the End Movie for me, like the last chapter in a book (Spider-Man Far From Home being the epilogue). The MCU just won't be the same without those core Avengers.

There are some movies I'll make an exception for, like Dr. Strange and Antman / Wasp movies. But even these I'll likely wait to rent the movie on disc.

ps - the comics made female Thor long before Hollywood.

Yeah.. but no. Chris Hemsworth hasn't left and this will follow/mirror the comics where Thor was deemed unworthy for a time and Jane picked up the Hammer... it also killed her in the long run, but you know... comics. This should be fun.

Right now the only marvel movies I plan to watch are the spiderman ones. And even those are not granted.

Right now the only marvel movies I plan to watch are the spiderman ones. And even those are not granted.
Yeah, that one with the black Spiderman / female Spiderman / noir Spiderman was very cool, I see why you dig it :)

Looking forward to female Thor too, Taika should do a great job (y)

I'm just having trouble picturing skinny Natalie Portman in the Grandmaster's arena fighting the Hulk, hammer or no hammer...

Now Ronda Rousey as Thor, I might be sold on that (with the power of the hammer, of course).

I'm just having trouble picturing skinny Natalie Portman in the Grandmaster's arena fighting the Hulk, hammer or no hammer...

Now Ronda Rousey as Thor, I might be sold on that (with the power of the hammer, of course).
She can get all the hammer she want, I guess. 🤔

So Hollywood is busy rewriting all characters from male to female, the next victim is Thor.

I stopped watching superhero movies a few years ago, after it all became garbage and repetitions of garbage.

On the other hand if they would present a good explanation for Thor's sex-change then I'd be fine with it.
Perhaps Thor has struggled with these feelings for a long time. Perhaps they should call her Thorina.

Yes I am being sarcastic.

The thing that annoys me is all the articles saying first female Thor...no Thor is his name as in Thor son of Odin you know the top chap in Asgard and all that, thus Thor being firstly a man and secondly its his freaking name, thus Jane Porter aka Natalie Portman is becoming the first female goddess of thunder or something, not Thor.

Source: https://youtu.be/GtbtJMjgNZI

YoungRippa59 knows his stuff, strong language in places hence the spoiler tags. (Which I cant seem to work right) sorry mods

As for the phrase 4 meh, nothing in it makes me want to go the cinema, ill sail the seas for anything that goes onto Disney+, Blade I was looking forward too as the lead is a great actor but I hear that is going to be a PG13,,,

Oh and the only other thing I would consider going to the flicks for is Fantastic 4 if they do it right, but that is sometime off-

Last edited:
ps - the comics made female Thor long before Hollywood.

This.

She will be Thor. Sorry if you have trouble understanding the concept. Just as a Black Superman would be Superman.

Comics have always been political. Always. If you ever watched a comic book movie and thought "wow, that was amazingly unpolitical" then you're the problem and you can stop watching them already.

MCU NOT JUST following up with a Female Thor, but making it Jane AND KEEPING that Jane played by Natalie Portman is an incredible feat of film production which should be applauded.

My fear is that Jane was really poorly developed the last 8yrs and THAT is why she'll fail to draw crowds and box office dollars. Yet people will use the excuse that it's a failure because it's liberal pandering of some sorts when it's clearly just an evolution of where the Thor story has already gone.

I have no problem with female Thor but I do have a problem with Natalie as she was (in my opinion) very uninteresting and quite bland in all Marvel movies. I dont see this particular actress as a funny, charismatic, powerful Thor but I know that she is capable of GREAT acting so.... very interested to see how will this work out actually!

"Hey, this franchise starts smelling of shark, what could we do?"
"Let's totally disregard all strong female characters the wider Norse mythology has to offer and pull a Ghostbusters for media attention?"
"Great idea!"

No.

It's an evolution of where Thor has already gone in the comic books.

You obviously never cared about MCU's Thor OR Norse mythology if this really bothers you.

I have no problem with female Thor but I do have a problem with Natalie as she was (in my opinion) very uninteresting and quite bland in all Marvel movies. I dont see this particular actress as a funny, charismatic, powerful Thor but I know that she is capable of GREAT acting so.... very interested to see how will this work out actually!
Yeah - with Taika on board I'm interested to see what they do - they never gave her much to do in the earlier movies and even Hemsworth was rather one dimensional. I just hope she can do comedy, as that's going to be required if it's going to compare well with Ragnarok :)

Top Bottom