General / Off-Topic Thor 4 will be a woman playing Thor, really not kidding!

The thing that annoys me is all the articles saying first female Thor...no Thor is his name as in Thor son of Odin you know the top chap in Asgard and all that, thus Thor being firstly a man and secondly its his freaking name, thus Jane Porter aka Natalie Portman is becoming the first female goddess of thunder or something, not Thor.
I agree with this, though there's the inscription on the hammer about the "power of Thor", so "Thor" is a bit of a confusing mix of name / title. Also, does that mean we should call Captain America "Thor" since he was deemed worthy of wielding the hammer?

I think Antman And The Wasp did a good job at bringing in a female character as the role of a size-shifting pym particle shooting superhero. I was less convinced with Pepper Pots in an Iron Man suit in End Game, mainly because it took Tony Stark a lot of practice to get comfortable with the suit (some of my favorite scenes in original movie), whereas it's kinda implied that PP just jumps in the suit for the first time and can "dance" with the same grace as veteran Tony.

So back to my original critique - skinny mini Nat Portman has zero powers except her smarts, so the second she throws that hammer at someone, anyone with powers / strength can just flick her with their finger and off she goes (lol, that sounds dirty). Unless the hammer imparts supernatural strength into the wielder for the duration it's 'pledged' to them... Now had Lady Sif become the next Thor in title rather than name, then I don't think half of us would be disturbed by that. She's still out there somewhere, right?

Last edited:
It's all very PC swapping out genders for these super heroes & fictional spies - I'm sure Bourne will be next - but what about the other 'grey areas'??!!

I for one will not rest until Conchita Wurst is the next Shaft!

Disney is making the same mistake as Marvel did with the comics.

Just as a FYI, the comics section of Marvel, as well as the DC one, are not doing very well right now. Heck one might even say they are dying.

I wonder why? :cautious:

Oh well, once the Comics run to their ultimate downfall, Americans can start reading "Bande dessinées". (or European comics if you want)

You know:

the-metabarons-ep-2.jpg
61728-4056-94723-1-incal-the.jpg

Couv_45496.jpg
Couv_482.jpg
album-cover-large-18752.jpg
black-moon-chronicles-volume-8-the-sword-of-justice.jpg
😁

Aaron stated, "This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before."

I hear they are planning an new version of "The Seven Year Itch" with Dwayne Johnson playing Marilyn Monroe's part. The famous Subway Breeze scene will also be in it with Dwayne wearing a kilt... Wow!

I love Hollywood's total gender equality agenda.

I have this feeling I'm being trolled.
There are a lot of disappointed people in this thread (and generally on this topic). Disappointed people have really just two options - they can get angry, which leads to account infractions or they can turn in into a joke and have a little sour laugh about it.
I don't think it's personal.

I think the better way to put it is: If you ever cared about Norse mythology, you shouldn't watch MCU or read comics in the first place. ;)
Probably, but there are way more interesting avenues to explore than naively quota-swapping Thor, e.g., Loki was literally (in the mythological sense) the mother of eight-legged trans-dimensional horse demon Sleipnir and probably a few other things, and he sired a daughter (Hel) who would make one hell (see what I did there?) of an interesting character all by herself, even though she resides over what is probably the most benign and boring afterlife in the history of purgatories.

If you want to read some actually good exploration of that lineage, I cannot recommend Joanne Harris's books enough.

Probably, but there are way more interesting avenues to explore than naively quota-swapping Thor, e.g., Loki was literally (in the mythological sense) the mother of eight-legged trans-dimensional horse demon Sleipnir and probably a few other things, and he sired a daughter (Hel) who would make one hell (see what I did there?) of an interesting character all by herself, even though she resides over what is probably the most benign and boring afterlife in the history of purgatories.

If you want to read some actually good exploration of that lineage, I cannot recommend Joanne Harris's books enough.

Well for sure in terms of Norse content there's a lot the MCU hasn't touched on.

In terms of actual MCU THOR content though, this was always the next step for the character as it was in the comics and that predates your Hollywood conspiracy theories about gender equality agendas.

Yes, and that is exactly why this is so frustrating. It's not like there is a shortage of badass women in both history and mythology. So why gender-swap exsting male characters?
(btw. it's not a question. I know why, but I would kill the thread if I said it)

Top Bottom