General / Off-Topic Thor 4 will be a woman playing Thor, really not kidding!

Just imagine if they'd swap Ripley for a man in some Alien movie, or something of the sort. There would be no end of "eeeeeeeeeeeee" from land-whales.
It's okay to ruin characters if they are male, that's the idea now. Why bother writing? Being creative? Making effort? Somebody have done it already. Let's just use it to push our dying irrelevant narrative and make some money while we're at it, and take those characters into oblivion with us. That's the thinking.

Just imagine if they'd swap Ripley for a man in some Alien movie, or something of the sort. There would be no end of "eeeeeeeeeeeee" from land-whales.
It's okay to ruin characters if they are male, that's the idea now. Why bother writing? Being creative? Making effort? Somebody have done it already. Let's just use it to push our dying irrelevant narrative and make some money while we're at it, and take those characters into oblivion with us. That's the thinking.

Likewise I could support the opposite position with actual data points and people will still drivel on with non-sense like this.

Likewise I could support the opposite position with actual data points and people will still drivel on with non-sense like this.
Data point? A wiki article about a comics character that may or may not be a basis for new Thor? Ignoring the already existing data points of a multitude of all-female "girl power" reboots that were ALL terrible, and all failed. Sure, I'll drivel on with my nonsense.

Data point? A wiki article about a comics character that may or may not be a basis for new Thor? Ignoring the already existing data points of a multitude of all-female "girl power" reboots that were ALL terrible, and all failed. Sure, I'll drivel on with my nonsense.

The MCU character's relevant history to this topic is right there for you non-comicbookers to read.

all terrible? all failed?

Yeah.. that's top tier drivel right there.

giphy.gif

I blame Disney, as this came about after they had brought Marvel. oh and the comic sank like the titanic.

Hands up though I have learnt more about Marvel (comics) from watching youtubers with vastly more knowledge than me on the subject. The saving grace for this film at least it will have Chris Hemsworth in playing Thor, bar that I will pass on the upcoming phase 4, or at lest wait till they hit sites I can sail to.

Oh and this just in ,.....

Source: https://youtu.be/OHOIEhVWDgU

The world has gone fudging bonkers!

Hmmm, that Cats trailer is something isn't it? I couldn't care less about the color of the lady cat, but seriously - MANY folks worked on this, many folks had to approve this... and NO ONE said "hold on a minute, why out characters looks like nightmare fuel?". Pfffhahahaha!

There's a part in Deadpool vs. Spider-Man where Mr. Pool managed to get female Thor and I think Titania jelly-wrestling. So hopefully Mr. Waititi has been reading up on his comic stuff!

:D S

This isn't just Hollywood. Marvel did the female Thor thing in a "What if?" back in the 70s and then in 2014 did the Jane Foster becoming Thor for a while. In Marvel there is also Thor Girl, and in one spin off there was a daughter of Thor called Thorina (?).

Knowing about the ocean of utter superhero garbage coming out of Holywood, I think devolution is a much safer bet here.

ehh.. whatever your opinion is of the quality of comic-book/movies lets not confuse that with thinking this is all apart of a Hollywood agenda to feminize masculine roles, because that's just ignorant.

It would be like the Little Mermaid was a male person, or SpiderMAN was a woman, so would that be SpiderThingy? but HEY COMICS RIGHT!! 🥳

I would not, it would be silly, actually it would be plain stupid, why, because she is a female, and a awesome female character, not a male character.

I'm not a fan of the feminising of male roles but this isn't that. In the Marvel universe Thor is anyone that can hold the hammer. That's just the crappy Marvel universe for you. :p

Top Bottom