General / Off-Topic Those Pesky Users!

All the infrared's so missed the pun. :)

There was a pun?

Seen this before from you. Make a point and invite discussion. Folk do discuss the topic, then you rock up again going 'Aha! All of you missed the point I never actually made!'

I thought the original point was about programmers suffering the arrogance and hubris to forget that the product is for the end user, not themselves. If it's rubbish, then it needs to be sorted. Not for the programmer to have an autistic fit screaming 'You don't understand [insert meme here] development!'

There was a pun?

Seen this before from you. Make a point and invite discussion. Folk do discuss the topic, then you rock up again going 'Aha! All of you missed the point I never actually made!'

I thought the original point was about programmers suffering the arrogance and hubris to forget that the product is for the end user, not themselves. If it's rubbish, then it needs to be sorted. Not for the programmer to have an autistic fit screaming 'You don't understand [insert meme here] development!'
Here's some context:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)

Oooh, okay. I might spot the odd Megatraveller reference but a lot of the other old-era games passed me by.

I don't know what's the worse dystopia. That one where higher ups can order the execution of the lower caste; or the one we're in now where someone's life and career can be destroyed by the social justice brigade waving branding irons and hurling pigeon-holing labels about.

Oooh, okay. I might spot the odd Megatraveller reference but a lot of the other old-era games passed me by.

I don't know what's the worse dystopia. That one where higher ups can order the execution of the lower caste; or the one we're in now where someone's life and career can be destroyed by the social justice brigade waving branding irons and hurling pigeon-holing labels about.
It's more often some poor contractor, put out on the street by an FTE with no soul that is emblematic of this issue. High level coders often make the poor guy just doing his job the target of their spleen, and forcing the poor grunt out on to the streets, facing months of job search.

That's the Lord High Programmer offing the infrared's for the lulz. It's pretty evil. For the Lord High Programmers, it's just seal-clubbing. For the grunts, it means food stamps.

Management does the same thing, but nothing touches the hubris of those who think the world works for them.

Top Bottom