Those who got their second/third/fiftieth account - what's the plan?

• Thread starter Deleted member 182079
  • Start date
Now that I've A rated the Sidewinder and am sitting on a cool .5 million credits, I'm looking at those 2 ton delivery missions and thinking how nice it would be to stack more of them.

So plan for now is to save for a Hauler and costs to A rate it, or maybe even skip the Hauler and jump straight into an Adder!

Got two alts in a Frontier sale while my main was out in the middle of nowhere with Distant Worlds 2. I now have two "glamourous assistants". The plan was to keep one based in and around the Bubble, and the other in and around Colonia. At least they can both join me in multicrew.

As the Bubble alt now has her own Carrier, she's in charge of my reserve tritium supply. Meanwhile the Colonia alt returned to the Bubble in a hurry to take part in CG's and hasn't gone back home yet (working on a few ships to leave in the Bubble for future CG's). At this rate, she might have her own Carrier (my third) to take home to Colonia. We shall see.

My theory was to save it for odyssey and use it to try having a character with no ship without wiping my main save... but that does mean I have to buy Odyssey for the free account....making it not free.

Deleted member 182079

D
Got two alts in a Frontier sale while my main was out in the middle of nowhere with Distant Worlds 2. I now have two "glamourous assistants". The plan was to keep one based in and around the Bubble, and the other in and around Colonia. At least they can both join me in multicrew.

As the Bubble alt now has her own Carrier, she's in charge of my reserve tritium supply. Meanwhile the Colonia alt returned to the Bubble in a hurry to take part in CG's and hasn't gone back home yet (working on a few ships to leave in the Bubble for future CG's). At this rate, she might have her own Carrier (my third) to take home to Colonia. We shall see.
I'm playing my alt account as a single ship CMDR - have gotten to an A-rated FAS at this stage, previously a Crusader - their role was originally to be my representative in Colonia but plans have changed since. I think I'll get them back there eventually, but the main bubble just seems a more happening place at the moment.

I'm also trying my best to resist wiping the save (for the fourth time) given the starter systems seeming pretty lively from what I hear (no surprise of course), the problem is they're quite limited in terms of what you can actually do so I'd quickly get bored and would have to start jump through the usual hoops again. I suppose I could always just make them a noob helper but I reckon most players will be fine as things are.. too many cooks in the kitchen and all that. Hmmmm.

Deleted member 182079

D
My theory was to save it for odyssey and use it to try having a character with no ship without wiping my main save... but that does mean I have to buy Odyssey for the free account....making it not free.
One of the reasons I'm not bothering with the third account (even if it's free) because I won't use it in the future, similar to my existing alt as I won't be buying Odyssey twice. At least my alt would still be useful for multicrew shenanigans though.

I'm playing my alt account as a single ship CMDR - have gotten to an A-rated FAS at this stage, previously a Crusader - their role was originally to be my representative in Colonia but plans have changed since. I think I'll get them back there eventually, but the main bubble just seems a more happening place at the moment.

I'm also trying my best to resist wiping the save (for the fourth time) given the starter systems seeming pretty lively from what I hear (no surprise of course), the problem is they're quite limited in terms of what you can actually do so I'd quickly get bored and would have to start jump through the usual hoops again. I suppose I could always just make them a noob helper but I reckon most players will be fine as things are.. too many cooks in the kitchen and all that. Hmmmm.
Tempted, but I need a T9 as a tritium mule, so I guess I'm gonna bend the rules a bit.
Still undecided which ship though. Hmmmmm...

Originally my plan was to just get a fuel slave to move tritium from hold to tank... however, that didn't work out once I stared playing from the start again and finally fully D-rated my sidewinder inside the noob zone :) Progress! I am actually kinda looking forward to the engineer unlock grind...

Top Bottom