Thoughts After Beta Livestream!

So a few months ago, after playing the alpha a decent amount of time, I wrote down a hefty list of things that I thought could've been improved/added into the game. I was hoping to post that list, but haven't gotten around to doing it. However it seems that since then, a fair few of the suggestions I jotted down were infact also wanted by the community, and the developers have improved those areas!

That being said, after watching the livestream from last night over and over again, I feel like a few of my suggestions could be brought up, as I'd love to hear the thoughts of fellow fans, and hopefully the deveolpers too. Here's the (edited) list of possible changes I'd like to see:

Ride Theming:
Most of the rides I’ve seen have a set theme to them, for example the swinging ship is an actual pirate ship, as opposed to a bare swinging ship. My question is whether there will be bare versions of these rides, that you can customise with scenery yourself? I think this will allow players to add their own creative aspect, and individuality to their parks, which means each park has the potential to look completely unique.

Ride Height/Size Adjustment:
So it’s a known fact that not every ride (especially tower rides), is the same size. I’ve also seen flat rides which vary in size! My question is will we be able to adjust the height sizes for tower rides eventually? And also, will we be able to adjust the size of flat rides (footprint)?

EXAMPLE - Drayton Manor, and Flamingo Land both have a discuss style ride. Drayton Manor’s Maelstrom is manufactured by Intamin, and Flamingo Land’s Flip Flop is manufactured by Fabbri. The Fabbri ride is significantly smaller than the Intamin ride.

Universal Grid System:
So far, the local grid system works perfectly, apart from only being able to rotate relative objects at an angle of 90 degrees (maybe incorporate the ability to change the snapping angle in the relative grid as well?), my issue, however is that, being a person who likes pin point perfection, I believe that a grid would be beneficial that allowed for snapping. An example of this would be like in the recent reboot of SimCity. The way that there’s a grid that builds with the objects that are placed is really beneficial for keeping things neat and in order.

Rollercoaster Track/Trains:

My question regarding this is whether the track and trains will have the feature that was available in the original release, which was the mix and match ability? Or if it’s going to follow previous games, and have one track/train type that’s based on real life coasters?

I hope these suggestions/questions/ideas bring up pointers to discuss, and even if one of these brings on something you would consider an improvement, I’d be more than happy!

Phill.

Ride Theming:
Most of the rides I’ve seen have a set theme to them, for example the swinging ship is an actual pirate ship, as opposed to a bare swinging ship. My question is whether there will be bare versions of these rides, that you can customise with scenery yourself? I think this will allow players to add their own creative aspect, and individuality to their parks, which means each park has the potential to look completely unique.
They've talked about this before, it's been much requested, but I suspect the answer will probably be no. They've said they're trying to include a mix of generic and themed rides and I'd say that is what they are doing.
Ride Height/Size Adjustment:
So it’s a known fact that not every ride (especially tower rides), is the same size. I’ve also seen flat rides which vary in size! My question is will we be able to adjust the height sizes for tower rides eventually? And also, will we be able to adjust the size of flat rides (footprint)?

EXAMPLE - Drayton Manor, and Flamingo Land both have a discuss style ride. Drayton Manor’s Maelstrom is manufactured by Intamin, and Flamingo Land’s Flip Flop is manufactured by Fabbri. The Fabbri ride is significantly smaller than the Intamin ride.
1. Tower rides - I'd like to be able to adjust the height of them as well (some parks have tiny frog hoppers or medium-sized, not insanely tall drop towers etc) but they haven't mentioned or hinted at it yet.
2. Flat ride scaling - I suspect not because of the animation and whatnot involved.
Universal Grid System:
So far, the local grid system works perfectly, apart from only being able to rotate relative objects at an angle of 90 degrees (maybe incorporate the ability to change the snapping angle in the relative grid as well?), my issue, however is that, being a person who likes pin point perfection, I believe that a grid would be beneficial that allowed for snapping. An example of this would be like in the recent reboot of SimCity. The way that there’s a grid that builds with the objects that are placed is really beneficial for keeping things neat and in order.
Again, much requested by OCD perfect symmetry players, I'm sure they've considered it. Wouldn't surprise me if something similar is included but no hints yet.

Rollercoaster Track/Trains:

My question regarding this is whether the track and trains will have the feature that was available in the original release, which was the mix and match ability? Or if it’s going to follow previous games, and have one track/train type that’s based on real life coasters?
Not sure, I think in Alpha 1 it was just a placeholder thing as coasters weren't technically ready yet and they only had two track types. It would be nice to have some different skins/trains but from how they dealt with the launched vs lifthill versions of the wing coaster I feel that might be a conscious design decision to have only one train type per coaster.

ManiaMuse;114240 1. Tower rides - I'd like to be able to adjust the height of them as well (some parks have tiny frog hoppers or medium-sized said:
You mean like this one:

[video=youtube;TDM8Aj6nsiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM8Aj6nsiU[/video]​

Last edited:
They've talked about this before, it's been much requested, but I suspect the answer will probably be no. They've said they're trying to include a mix of generic and themed rides and I'd say that is what they are doing.

1. Tower rides - I'd like to be able to adjust the height of them as well (some parks have tiny frog hoppers or medium-sized, not insanely tall drop towers etc) but they haven't mentioned or hinted at it yet.
2. Flat ride scaling - I suspect not because of the animation and whatnot involved.

Again, much requested by OCD perfect symmetry players, I'm sure they've considered it. Wouldn't surprise me if something similar is included but no hints yet.

Not sure, I think in Alpha 1 it was just a placeholder thing as coasters weren't technically ready yet and they only had two track types. It would be nice to have some different skins/trains but from how they dealt with the launched vs lifthill versions of the wing coaster I feel that might be a conscious design decision to have only one train type per coaster.

I think my suggestions are based on re-creating parks, which I'm sure a lot of people wil want to do!

Where fantasy parks are concerned though, I do think it'll be a shame if generic rides aren't available because, like I mentioned, it takes away that unique look from a park! I'm just hoping that it's like RCT3, where they had a generic ride and themed variants.

Thanks for your reply!

Top Bottom