Hardware & Technical Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

So
Lost patience, got the free version of revo uninstaller, ripped every reg key and sub folder left behind after a normal uninstall.
Reinstalled, thar she blows, re-imported my custom bindings, back in business
:-D

Last edited:
Hey guys! I have the T16000M joystick and it seems to have a problem. I've been playing with this joystick for almost a month now and it's been quite good. I was reading reviews for the stick and it said that it was very smooth, but mine isn't that smooth, it's stiffer in some places. Nothing absolutely gamebreaking but still annoying, I wanna know if it's normal or if I should be looking fo a way to fix it. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! I have the T16000M joystick and it seems to have a problem. I've been playing with this joystick for almost a month now and it's been quite good. I was reading reviews for the stick and it said that it was very smooth, but mine isn't that smooth, it's stiffer in some places. Nothing absolutely gamebreaking but still annoying, I wanna know if it's normal or if I should be looking fo a way to fix it. Thanks in advance!

Both the stick and the throttle are great pieces of kit* , and give a good degree of fine control, but their movement isn't really damped. The stick shouldn't feel stiff in any direction though, mine is very easy to move in all directions. If your stick is sticking (ha ha) in places, that doesn't sound right to me. Maybe there is some foreign object in the half-ball joints somewhere that you can't see?

Something worth considering is putting some proper damping grease onto the joints. That would significantly improve the smoothness and control, and in the process, you would discover if there really was anything stuck in there that was causing it to catch when moved in a certain way. I have a post with a link to how to do the greasing here if you're inclined to go down that route.

That said, if you've not had it that long, and it has always been stiff in some movements, maybe replacing it under warranty might be an idea.

Hope that helps!

(*) Except the yaw pots. They're rubbish :D

Both the stick and the throttle are great pieces of kit* , and give a good degree of fine control, but their movement isn't really damped. The stick shouldn't feel stiff in any direction though, mine is very easy to move in all directions. If your stick is sticking (ha ha) in places, that doesn't sound right to me. Maybe there is some foreign object in the half-ball joints somewhere that you can't see?

Something worth considering is putting some proper damping grease onto the joints. That would significantly improve the smoothness and control, and in the process, you would discover if there really was anything stuck in there that was causing it to catch when moved in a certain way. I have a post with a link to how to do the greasing here if you're inclined to go down that route.

That said, if you've not had it that long, and it has always been stiff in some movements, maybe replacing it under warranty might be an idea.

Hope that helps!

(*) Except the yaw pots. They're rubbish :D
Hey! Thanks a lot for the response, since I bought it on amazon a month ago i'm gonna exchange it. I wasn't quite sure of what to do but you helped me with a detailed response, again, thanks a lot!

Hey! Thanks a lot for the response, since I bought it on amazon a month ago i'm gonna exchange it. I wasn't quite sure of what to do but you helped me with a detailed response, again, thanks a lot!

You are very welcome! I am glad to have assisted; I hope you get a swift replacement, and enjoy the stick when it arrives - they really enhance the game play in my opinion :)

Well, dang, my TWCS throttle cable (interior, the one that goes into the head unit) finally started malfunctioning after four years of heavy use. Pinging Thrustmaster to see if they'll sell me a replacement cable, but my guess is they won't even offer repair work on it. We'll see. Guess I'll be stuck halfway between Colonia and the Bubble for a while now. :D

My Yaw POT bit the dust, so I went ahead and did the Hall effect sensor mod. Wow, what a pain getting it just right! I thought the sensor would sit in the middle of the ring magnet but nope, that didn’t work at all. Had to get pretty creative but finally got it positioned perfectly and have a contactless yaw sensor (yay) but in the process I broke the tabs on my secondary fire button (boo) and it keeps making contact when I fire the main trigger... but given how sensitive and touchy my yaw mod was, I’m hesitant to take it apart to fix it! Bleh, so much hassle for something that never should have been a hassle. I’m definitely going to replace this stick with the gunfighter stick eventually... I think I’ll keep the throttle though, it’s really comfortable.

I’m definitely going to replace this stick with the gunfighter stick eventually... I think I’ll keep the throttle though, it’s really comfortable.

That's exactly what I did... And despite the fact that the Gunfighter is way more expensive, I've not regretted it for a second, it's a completely different level of quality. The throttle is still going fine, and with all the hats, paddles and switches gives a huge amount of control options which is great as I play in VR.

That Gladiator looks nice, definitely don't want to spend as much money for a Gunfighter, so that looks good. I've had two T16000M's go wrong on me now. The first one developed an annoying habit of either rolling to the left ever so slightly if I took my hand off the stick or pulling back ever so slightly. Giving the joystick a quick tap after I'd taken my hand off would sometimes stop it, but not ideal when you've got it lined up in SC and want to leave it for a couple of minutes. So I finally bought a new one to replace it and that one ended up getting the Yaw problem in fairly short order. So I've now gone back to the old stick which works better despite its annoyances.

So looking for a good replacement for that at some point. I still have the throttle and the pedals, both of which still work fine (for now). Certainly not buying another Thrustmaster stick, that's for sure. It's annoying because the Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS I upgraded from, which cost a quarter of the price, lasted me way longer than both those two T16000M's combined.

I had the problem of my t16000m yawing to the right while flying straight and even trying to yaw it back left it didn't want to play. Not good if you're in a fight, happily I found a short video on YouTube which involves taking out the screws on the handle then gently prising it open just a little from the bottom untill you can get a cotton bud onto the senser with cleaning alcohol. Didn't have any so used after shave which worked, then use WD-40 spray onto the senser and close it up and screw together, work the yaw back and forth a few times and there you have it. Be careful not to open up from the top as there are small parts that will drop out and are damm near impossible to get back in. If you're about to give up on your t16000m try this first, it's going to save money on a new stick at least. Ok now be happy people..

I had the problem of my t16000m yawing to the right while flying straight and even trying to yaw it back left it didn't want to play. Not good if you're in a fight, happily I found a short video on YouTube which involves taking out the screws on the handle then gently prising it open just a little from the bottom untill you can get a cotton bud onto the senser with cleaning alcohol. Didn't have any so used after shave which worked, then use WD-40 spray onto the senser and close it up and screw together, work the yaw back and forth a few times and there you have it. Be careful not to open up from the top as there are small parts that will drop out and are damm near impossible to get back in. If you're about to give up on your t16000m try this first, it's going to save money on a new stick at least. Ok now be happy people..
I did that as a work around for a while... Sadly it kept coming back for me :(

To be fair, I admit that I haven't had long enough time since the fix, as I only did it yesterday to see how long it will work for. But if it starts again then I'll think about a new one, or just repeat the process.

Top Bottom