Hardware & Technical Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS official thread

I thought that a thread of its own is in place as this is now available for pre-orders, just pre-ordered mine.
I dont know about availability in other countries, but here in Finland my retailer says that this should be available at week 40. Thats the first week of October. :)
Price was 150 euros, so it was exactly what i was thinking of.

Big pic warning...:

Mapping-stationT16000MHotas.jpg

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t16000m-fcs-hotas

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/П...w-gameplay-experiences-announced-new-t16000m-

Last edited:
Ah I was hoping September - will have to wait an extra month for it...
Seems only the Press Release mentions the Elite Dangerous tie-in. Nothing on the product description.
But I guess we will hear more about it (information, reviews, etc) nearer the launch date.

Last edited:
This seems like a good piece of hardware, on paper at least.

I'm really looking to buy one, but I think I'll be waiting for a review before (this prevented me from buying a Saitek x-56, as it's apparently not that well built).

The only thing I'll be regreting from my current setup is the mouse trackpoint on the throttle, it's really handy for freelook without a trackIR or a VR headset :)

IIRC, you can find a preorder version on Amazon germany for 129 euros.

Cheers,

CMDR Poulpe

This seems like a good piece of hardware, on paper at least.

I'm really looking to buy one, but I think I'll be waiting for a review before (this prevented me from buying a Saitek x-56, as it's apparently not that well built).

The only thing I'll be regreting from my current setup is the mouse trackpoint on the throttle, it's really handy for freelook without a trackIR or a VR headset :)

IIRC, you can find a preorder version on Amazon germany for 129 euros.

Cheers,

CMDR Poulpe

Problem is, if you are looking for additional analogue sticks there is either this one or the x56.

Problem is, if you are looking for additional analogue sticks there is either this one or the x56.

Yes exactly, the analog sticks were an excellent addition, especially on the joystick. But there are too many manufacturing issues reported on the x-56 (mainly, the cable management inside the throttle caused short circuits due to excessive cable sleeves friction).

As for the T16000 FCS, we don't have any review of the throttle yet, so this could be an excellent surprise as well as a big disappointment. But if the joystick uses the same technology as the standalone version, it's well above any Saitek joysticks, and I'll be happy to replace my old x-52 (that already has modifications and control issues;) ).

Cheers,

CMDR Poulpe

Ive got the thrustmaster t flight. Had it for nearly 2 years. No issues and not let me down once.

Well, thats exactly the reason why i didnt hesitate with the pre-order as my T-Flight has also that 2 year span and over 1200 hours in, with zero probs. :)
I just hope that Thrustmaster keeps this level of qualitty with the FCS also..

Not for me. I don't like all the switches on the joystick base.

This is my one pet peeve with, what otherwise, is a near perfect "best bang for buck" stick. It's very precise, well enough made, is comfy and has nice feel - but there are 12 wasted buttons on the base, which could much better have been used as an extra hot on the top, another trigger on the thumb rest, and a pinky switch. I use a Cobra M5 for ED now, though, ideally, I want the Cobra M5 stick with the T16000m sensors and electronics...

The throttle looks quite nice, curious as to whether the lateral thruster stick is hat is analog like theCH-pro...

Z...

Last edited:
Nice. Got a TFlight X HOTAS for about four years that still has no really severe problems yet, but both the main stick and the thruster controls get a little imprecise around the middle positions recently, so I thought about acquiring something better. The additional axis buttons on the thruster stick come in particular handy for flight sims like DCS where I currently have to use an additional gamepad because the TFlight has just too few buttons. This may well be my next flight control system, the price is ok, and Thrustmaster has always been my premier choice since the 90s anyway [noob]

This looks gorgeous and I'd totally have gone for this if I was still looking for a HOTAS setup. As it played out I setup something similar, buying a lone T16000M joystick first and then getting a used X52 throttle from ebay. Would be interested to read the reviews for this when it's finally released...

I was thinking about getting one to replace my faulty x55, but then Saitek was kind enough to send me a new x56 as a replacement. So I guess I will wait a bit.. :)

Seems like an interesting HOTAS though.

I've not tried one of these..but from the looks I don't like the thought of removing my hand from the stick to reach the buttons on base
Either place the buttons on a reachable spot on the stick so you don't have to move the hand away or put it on the throttle instead.

I'm very interested in this too. Was considering getting the T16000m with a CH throttle, so I got very excited when I heard Thrustmaster was bringing out their own "reasonably priced" throttle. :)
Not sure when they will be available here in NZ.. no one has preorders up here. Very interested to see a full review of them though.

I'm very interested in this too. Was considering getting the T16000m with a CH throttle, so I got very excited when I heard Thrustmaster was bringing out their own "reasonably priced" throttle. :)
Not sure when they will be available here in NZ.. no one has preorders up here. Very interested to see a full review of them though.

The CH Pro throttle is quite awesome. I have a Warthog, and prefer to us the CH Pro for ED - it is much better suited. But, of course, when I play DCS...

Looking forward to seeing how this goes in practice. And the price... The T16000m is very well priced, even in Aus, at just ~$80. If the whole lot sells for under $AU200, that is a truly fantastic deal.

Z...

Last edited:
Top Bottom