Thrustmaster T1600m throttle ho to do reverse

You press the TOGGLE button to flip the throttle to reverse controll...
Open the pause menu and select controlls, Read the key map buttons and assign the flip button, if you have not added it. as you assigned it as another button when you remapped in error...

AV6mwZyblpePLSUfhbc-D4gZJaUxskgFIAmyyyy8NQI.jpg

OK worked this out but where can I find what the names of the buttons are. I'm doing the training mission which refers to them by name. Ist saying JOY 1 to scan. I've tried pressing everything but no joy.

Also I've got it set up left-handed (switch on bottom) so the two sets of buttons on base of stick seem reversed.

OK worked this out but where can I find what the names of the buttons are. I'm doing the training mission which refers to them by name. Ist saying JOY 1 to scan. I've tried pressing everything but no joy.
You don't normaly in game, This is an issue with windows and exactly to many addons and other things can be added that devices do not share button numbers as different makes put different number buttons in different locations...
Button numbers are on the Thurstmaster software and USB device screen of windows...

It takes longer, but you might want to set the controls up to suit how you will use them rather than how someone esle has used them.

You can either go through and assign the raw keys to what do what you want them to do, or use the TARGET software to assign the relevant keystrokes to the buttons.

If you do the latter then you can look up the assignments in the TARGET software if you forget what you did, especially if you assign the keystrokes to a macro

OK, getting there slowly. Going to stick with default mappings for now. They seem OK at least for now. Found list of button numbers. In the bit in training asking me to engage supercruise. Its saying JOY 5, which seems to be top/right button on base but tried pressing all buttons and nothing happening. Maybe there is something wrong with my stick. Is there software to test it (i.e. something that shows me what buttons I am pressing etc.).

OK, getting there slowly. Going to stick with default mappings for now. They seem OK at least for now. Found list of button numbers. In the bit in training asking me to engage supercruise. Its saying JOY 5, which seems to be top/right button on base but tried pressing all buttons and nothing happening. Maybe there is something wrong with my stick. Is there software to test it (i.e. something that shows me what buttons I am pressing etc.).
Start, windows system, control panel, devices and printers.
Right click your stick for, game controller settings, properties.
Test here.

OK, great. So all the buttons work and 5 is top right on the base of the stick. But it is not working in Elite. Does nothing ;( I've restarted Elite and the PC and still no joy.

You might want to map like the guide image above. It is a pain in the neck to map all the functions but the tutorial will make more sense; instead of looking for a mystery button number you can instead read the function the tutorial is asking for e.g. boost and find the relevant button using the guide. :)

super cruse default is on the throttle... the slider/button in the back of it...
So what ever mapping loaded does not seam the default...
As others posted you may be better of doing a full remap...

OK, the reason I did not want to go through all the key mappings is I've never played before so don't know what half the things mean.

I did spend some time looking through key mappings but could not find supercruise but I seem to of managed to get supercruise working.

it's the down rocker on the throttle.

So the down rocker on the throttler, next to boost button seems to be supercruise, and I think the up rocker is hyperspace. Does this sound right? I think this is what I did.

What the training called these buttons is rather confusing - Joy 4 for something on the throttle.

OK, the reason I did not want to go through all the key mappings is I've never played before so don't know what half the things mean.

I did spend some time looking through key mappings but could not find supercruise but I seem to of managed to get supercruise working.

it's the down rocker on the throttle.

So the down rocker on the throttler, next to boost button seems to be supercruise, and I think the up rocker is hyperspace. Does this sound right? I think this is what I did.

What the training called these buttons is rather confusing - Joy 4 for something on the throttle.
Yep... the small grey item.

Last edited:
You can get a custom bindings map graphic for the t.1600 at https://edrefcard.info/. Follow the instructions and it will generate a nice image for you.View attachment 183018
That looks great but there are no .bindings files on my system. I use void tools Everything and no files called this exists. In 'C:\Users\Ben Edwards\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings' ()where it says it should be all i have is StartPreset.start

OK, completed training, may do it again. Guss, now it gets demanding ;).

Would love to get the key bindings thing sorted. Maybe I need to get a file and load it (somehow)

Top Bottom