Community Event / Creation Thrustmaster Warthog Configuration & Sheets

Hi all and firstly, big thanks to Mikey for the good work!

Now a cry for help....I've been trying to get this procedure cracked and am following the text and Mikey's video to every last detail, yet for some reason I cannot work out, each time i start to keybind in ED itself after loading the script in TARGET, ED crashes to desktop. Doesnt matter which key i try to bind, every sigle time it crashes. I can select the keybind I want, but as soon as I press the buttin or switch on the Warthog, I crash.

Keybinding without TARGET running is no problem. I have set all required programs to run as admin but no luck.

I'm probably doing something obvious wrong, I've scoured the forums for advice but no one else seems to be experiencing this same issue. I would be grateful for any of your input on this.

I know that plain keybinding is still great with the Warthog and I'm loving that. I would just like to add the extra finesse of not having to double tap switches for certain functions.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks once again!

I'm getting the same issue as this.

All was fine on my old Win 8.1 32 bit install, but now I've installed Win 8.1 64 bit, this issue has occurred.

I know I'm not the first, but was having some problems with the Thrustmaster Warthog binding diagram generator at http://subn3t.com/warthog/ , so I've created a standalone Python 3 version that reads JSON or Elite:Dangerous key mapping XML (Custom.1.8.binds files). It also adds some annotation for the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. Code is at https://github.com/RudolfCardinal/hotasmap (check out with: git clone https://github.com/RudolfCardinal/hotasmap ). Change to its directory and run "./hotas_map.py --help", "./hotas_map.py --demo", or (for example) "./hotas_map.py --format ed --input /path/to/Custom.1.8.binds", and look in the "output" directory for the resulting pictures (including a composite throttle + stick picture).

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge about setting up the warthog. I got mine yesterday and am currently staring at what looks like quiet a large learning curve in getting this thing configured so it feels like an extension of my body. Having just moved over from x-box, I am now appreciating what an excellent job FD did with the xbox controller.

I am wondering how it's possible to map galaxy and system map functions to the stick and throttle. Would i need to create an advanced profile with layered event's? or should I be able to botch it with a basic one?

Thanks

These are great configs for the warthog. I just now coming back to Thrustmaster and re-learning the Target Scripting tool.

I tried this layout, but for some reason it just feels wrong to me. Maybe because I'm spending so much time in the A10C in DCS World the stick was more or less designed for.

It's also quite a learning curve to remember the new controls and annoying when I realise it has overridden my default keyboard control for somethings so I have to remember/lookup the new HOTAS control.

I think I will default my controls back and assign them one at a time as and when I feel I need them on the stick/throttle.

Also with the warthog one thing that annoys me is the rather useless-ness of most of the switchs on the throttle console. I note that in the A10c all but the autopilot mode switch are not actually used in flight under normal conditions they are turn on during start up and switch off at shutdown The fuel flow and engine motor/ign switches don't get used at all really. Adding them to the stick is more of a gimmick in my view. They have funny latching and some only really work for toggles and some only work for momentary, but by using them you are letting the stick layout decide your ergonomics in a way it was not designed to and leads to a very un-ergonomic layout.

Still I thank you for your work.

Hi, I am a brand new player to Elite Dangerous. Is there any assistance I could get on setting up this with my Hotas? I am illiterate when it comes to these things.

THnaks

does any of you warthog users use scripts?
i tried to read me into making one but tbh i don't have any clue how to get this to work (the manual isnt that detailed...)
if someone know about making scripts in the script editor, i'ed like to have a script for the main fire button second trigger that activates the main firebutton for like 6sec (for scanning).

Hi, I am a brand new player to Elite Dangerous. Is there any assistance I could get on setting up this with my Hotas? I am illiterate when it comes to these things.

I would check this awesome thread here "Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator". You will find really nice Thrustmaster References with other Hotas..
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=212866

does any of you warthog users use scripts?i tried to read me into making one but tbh i don't have any clue how to get this to work (the manual isnt that detailed...) if someone know about making scripts in the script editor, i'ed like to have a script for the main fire button second trigger that activates the main firebutton for like 6sec (for scanning).

Here I am using the Autohotkey, which for me at least much easier to handle as the Targit software. Just google "autohotkey" & "Elite Dangerous" and you will find a lot of examples. You can copy the Autohotkey macro file (.ahk) and adapt it via text editor. Pretty simple and forward.

Last edited:
Here I am using the Autohotkey, which for me at least much easier to handle as the Targit software. Just google "autohotkey" & "Elite Dangerous" and you will find a lot of examples. You can copy the Autohotkey macro file (.ahk) and adapt it via text editor. Pretty simple and forward.
thanks for the tip, although i dont want to use a third program, already using voice attack for spoken commands (and macros) and target for the hotas

Not sure if anyone can help with this. I've been trying to get my Warthog set up and I've opted to run the default Thrustmaster Elite profile as this seems to suit me quite well.

Upon getting into game though and following their configuration instructions I'm finding that I cannot achieve maximum throttle under "inverted" settings. My throttle in game is maxing out around 60%, I've tried it set to "Regular" and I can achieve maximum thrust, however, when my throttle is set to zero the ingame throttle "zeros" at around 30% throttle.

At this stage I have attempted calibration through windows numerous times to no avail. My next step was considering running an alternative profile to see if this resolves the issue.

Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated as it's a tremendous bit of kit and I find it more comfortable than any previous HOTAS set up I've used.

Thank you,

KJ

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Sorry KJ I've not seen that one before.

Have you tired running TARGET and using the test features there to make sure all the inputs are working? This won't affect your Elite profile

Try something out, which is no big effort for you. Save your personal control config file (.binds) just to be save. And then download one of the Thrustmaster Warthog profile you find here and feel comfortable with. So you will at least see if it is a joystick problem, or a configuration problem. Hope it will help - good luck!

Your bindings should be found here:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

Last edited:
Issue resolved. Simple case of RTFM. I didn't realise that there was a dentation (sp?) marker which needed to be switched around under the throttle plate. Noobie error.

Thank you for the rapid response though, greatly appreciated.

So with my new VR setup ready, I finaly decided to jump into Elite Dangerous.

So what is the added benefit of using the TARGET software?
Be ware, this is my first post, so I am a complete rookie to this game,
My friend helped me map my hotas joystick to some decent controls, but we only used the ingame configurator/setting menu, no outside software at all.

Wouldn't that be enough? Or what am I missing?

Got my Warthog to replace broken Saitek X-55 recently. Warthog works ok directly with ED in-game control bindings. But as seems to be case with many, I want to get throttle switches to work "naturally": for example, when a switch is in down position, landing gear is on. Then, when the same switch is in up position, landing gear is off. Also, Elite does not recognise all the throttle buttons that I want to get to work.

I've understood this can be easily done with TARGET GUI. I downloaded the *.fcf and *.ttm files from TM site, had a quick look at the GUI manual. The process of click-a-button-then-map-it-with-an-event/macro seems very straightforward.

Unfortunately the *.ttm file does not include all events/macros that are included in the in-game controls. I wonder if a *.ttm file with complete in-game controls is downloadable somewhere? Or recommendation for another *.ttm which has more in-game controls than the TM *.ttm file?

Reading this forum I've understood one can create events/macros with TARGET, but this seems to require mapping a keyboard key to each such an event. But as it would be prefectly satisfactory for me to simply have a *.ttm file with all the in-game controls without going thru the binding process, it would a very smooth solution to simply have a good *.ttm file and make necessary "button/switch to event/macro mapping" inside TARGET GUI.

Hey SharoFF, with some of the TARGET software you can use scripts to automate things like requesting docking. I've been using Net-Burst's configs, findable upthread. He's got other things like a hat switch left hold puts full pips in ENG, two in WEP, holding up puts four in WEP, two in SYS (I can't remember them offhand, you get the idea).

That said, anyone else having problems with driver errors in WIN10 when you start TARGET scripts? The devices show up just fine, then when I start the script I get Driver Error, and joystick/throttle are unusable.

Hey SharoFF, with some of the TARGET software you can use scripts to automate things like requesting docking. I've been using Net-Burst's configs, findable upthread. He's got other things like a hat switch left hold puts full pips in ENG, two in WEP, holding up puts four in WEP, two in SYS (I can't remember them offhand, you get the idea).

That said, anyone else having problems with driver errors in WIN10 when you start TARGET scripts? The devices show up just fine, then when I start the script I get Driver Error, and joystick/throttle are unusable.

Hello. After recent update, Win10 now requires drivers to be signed by Microsoft, so this might be the case. I haven't tried to play after Anniversary Update, but before it, everything worked fine. Try to reinstall TARGET and drivers. This might help, because TARGET got update recently.

One question about the .bind file in OP, is it that custom .bind file that enables the two- and three-stage switches in the throttle to work as wanted, or is that all achieved with the TARGET and Elite's own control binding? I'm basically just confused, has the .bind file been user altered to provide functionality that the custom .bind file generated by E:D does not provide?

Hi CMDR's

i been reading this thread and im a little lost...

I have a Thrustmaster warthog HOTAS and i am trying to find out if its possible to set it to turn off multiple ship modules with one button is this possible?

i ideally would like to set it up so i can set a button for each of the following

----cool running----
weapons : online
Thruster's : online
Power gen : online
Distributor : online

-------Travel------
FSD : online
Life support : online
Shields : online
Thruster's : online

-----normal-------
everything : online

cheers

MUDDY

Links all restored again!!

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say that my host is deleting zip files from my web storage. I had some .zips go astray from my vrhive.co.uk site also, so maybe not such a conspiracy. I've moved hosts now, so I shouldn't get this any more. If there are issues then email me directly (mike@tr7v8.com), as I don't get thread updates, even though I'm subscribed, for some reason.

Hey @MikeTT.. I too am running a set of peddles, the Thrustmaster TFRP, and wondered if you added it to your TARGET profile, or simply bound movements within ED. Ive not had much of ANY luck editing within TARGET! Its a MESS! Any help or clues would be great.

TIA... Ace

Top Bottom