Tiergarten Friedrichswalde

Welcome back to Tiergarten Friedrichswalde!
Today we are gonna take a look at the so far smallest inhabitants of the zoo, that arnt imaginary.
After the zoos group of striped mongooses died out of old age, the famous Fini struck again.
In a bigger, rather questionable shop for exotic "pets", Fini found a group of Prariedogs. Determined to give every animal the best life possible and knowing about the new, empty habitat that already was safe from burrowing, she brought her request to the Zoo Administration, who quite frankly, loved it. For the cheap price of 500€, 8 Prariedogs got a massive upgrade to their living standards and quickly became a new attraction at the Zoo, as part of Finis Prariedog Station.

The Prariedog habitat is tugged in between the Nyala yard and the Zoos central plaza, with the little (and unfinished) foodcourt in the back.
View attachment 266759

You can both view them from the front or down the hill, where you can also take a nice glimpse of the ironically not visible Nyalas in this picture or the reindeer, if not both!
View attachment 266758

View attachment 266763

Their habitat is accessible for the staff by simply stepping over the fence, while their shelter can be opened up on top, aswell as to the side, to sweep out old hay and stuff.
I also made this Sign, that i really like and will try to upload it to the workshop, as the first thing ever. Wish me luck.
View attachment 266764

And as a last funfact, i did some trickery with the barrier, making a huge one around the entire plaza and hiding the door in the building. That way i can have "free" roaming peacocks, which can also move through the prariedog habitat, which doesnt need an ugly door now. Win Win. Funnily enoug, i was allready dreading to manually put them all in, but in one large polonaise they all moved into their intended habitat through a gap in the fence. Truly magnificent and well behaved little guys, that gave me a good laugh.
View attachment 266766

But thats it for today, see you next time when we hopefully have either build the meerkats, decorated the area around the prariedogs more or have build the komodragons an outdoor habitat. Till then, see you later
Cool. Can I offer a future expansion, if it doesn't mess up your plans? How about a specially designed 2-part enclosure with alligators on 1 end and caimans on the other?

Maybe, i will put in the aligators, somehow, because i personally only know crocodilians as parts of animal houses or really boring habitats, and dont really wanna do another after my tropical house. One thing i thought about was something like a swamphouse, which would be a longer stretch with the indoor habitat of the aligators on one side and educationboards/foliage/fake exhibits on the other side,but i dont really know where to put it. + its one of the animals from the second round of requests, so maybe i will scrap them all together when i dont find a good place for them.
Anyways, plan for now is to work on the rightside and the middle to actually finish one side of the zoo and work my way with the remaining animals to the left.
On that side will atleast be the aardvarks and beavers added, with a bigger habitat for the wolfs marking the top part of the zoo.

Absolutely cheap! My terrace stones cost more...

Fantastic work, I love it.
I would just change the color of the stone wall. More gray-brown and the second color a shade of green, then it looks like the wall has been there for decades.
Good idear, might try that when i play again.
Havent used the aquatic rocks alot, so i havent played around with the colors to much yet

I just accidentally overwrote the zoo. Hurray. I guess thats it for Tiergarten Friedrichswalde. Sorry everybody, im fuming myself, but if you dont know a way to recover a file, this is it.

Aw man. Well, let's just add one more part of the lore, then:

Zoo haters formed a (dishonest) petition and closed the zoo.

But, Fini had a contacted the FoxyDee Foundation and they managed to get another zoological organization known as the National Zoo Org., led by a guy named DarthQuell. He's willing to take all of the animals in his newest zoo: Zoo Santa Fe, Argentina!!!

Konig, make a list of all the animals you had, names included (if any). I'll adopt a similar amount and place them

Uh, i had 8 african penguins, with one named socke, 3 babirusa, 2 anteaters, 8 kangaroos, 3 giraffes, 2 komododragons, 4 pangolins, 8 prariedog, 3 peafowl, 9 nyalas and 5 reindeer + fake exhibits for one reticulated pyhton, few bullfrogs, greektortoise and oriental garden lizard

Uh, i had 8 african penguins, with one named socke, 3 babirusa, 2 anteaters, 8 kangaroos, 3 giraffes, 2 komododragons, 4 pangolins, 8 prariedog, 3 peafowl, 9 nyalas and 5 reindeer + fake exhibits for one reticulated pyhton, few bullfrogs, greektortoise and oriental garden lizard
Ok, I'll see what I can do✌

Thank you people for the nice words, it was honestly surprising how quick i got over it, but it made me realize, that the real fun of building the thing and sharing it isnt lost, i just can not continue it.
Kinda reminded me of this picture though xd
1634029973163.png

Sad to read that this Zoo is gone now. Found this Thread today and had 3 Suggestions that would've been great.
1. Plant House
2. Orangutan Enclosure
3. Antarctic Ocean Exhibition sponsored by my Research Center, the Arctic Project. With King Penguins and Grey Seals (as Placeholder for some kind of antarctic Seal)

Top Bottom