Time for new ship?

Sooo hi CMDRs!
I just turn back and stoped at Rohini station. I think that after about 60 hours its time to change my ship. I have ASPx not enginierd and there are only two ships that im thinking about. Type 7 transporter and Krait Mk 2. Should i stay with Asp or can i buy new one? I'm on DW2 expedition sooo i would like to get fast answer

Krait would be a better choice if you want a multi purpose ship or the T7 is more of a trade/haulage ship. Guess it depends what you plan on doing next.

If you can fit the ship you want and have a few re-buys as well. Then go for it: Every time. You can always cash it in; if you don't like it. This applies to any ship you are thinking about.

T-7 over Krait Mk.2? I have own and flown a T-7; once. So i would go for the Krait, even though I have never owned one.

…I have ASPx not enginierd and there are only two ships that im thinking about. Type 7 transporter and Krait Mk 2. Should i stay with Asp or can i buy new one? I'm on DW2 expedition sooo i would like to get fast answer

Fly the ship you enjoy flying, that feels right to fly to you. I admit it's a bit hard to decide which of those two ships you will enjoy flying without actually flying those ships.

The second best method to decide is basing the decision on how much you like the way the ships look and how that fits with what you want to do with it. I know, it's bit like saying buy the red car when asked what car somebody should buy, but this is a game and in the end you can use both ships for a lot of things.

My very personal take on the ships:

Krait MkII - very versatile, if not the most versatile ship in the game. There is nothing it can't do and not be good at it and yet it's not the best in every aspect. A true multipurpose ship. The right choice for somebody who makes a rational decision. And this is the downside of the Krait. It's boring as everybody and their dog, kitchen sink and cat flies a Krait Mk II. If you want it's the Ford Transit of Elite Dangerous. Nobody likes it, but it is so useful not to use it.

T-7 - A big box with little internal space, an anti-Tardis. Slow with weak shields that flying it borders to suicide as everybody and their dog, refrigerator, pet pig and grandmother flies ships that are faster, have more armor and shields and more weapons. It can't land on outposts while not having that much more cargo space than the Krait MkII or Python.
But the moment you take a T-7 into SC it shines. That thing has character. It is cheap to maintain and the re-buy is cheap in case it goes boom. It is a workhorse ship and doesn't pretend to be anything else - a box for cargo with engines and a jump-drive.

I use a Krait MkII all the time, but I have a T-7. A real T-7, outfitted as it was intended to be outfitted - without shields with mostly D-rated modules. Every time I fly it I'm constantly laughing.

Last edited:
Krait Mrk2.

* Cockpit view is good
* Flies great in Super cruise
* Descent jump range when engineered.
* Great for mining in the DW2 CGs
* Can have an SLF
** SLF have composition scanners, so you can fly down and scan planetary POI without finding a spot on uneven ground or risking landing on High-G planets.
** Out past Sag A space madness can set it - SLF are a great way to clear your head

* Good internals and outfitting

Last edited:
Krait.

Fit a 5A FSD and D-rate just about everything else will give you decent jumping range for a basic ship, too.

If you have anything special in your AspX, such as an engineered module or two, they likely will fit into your new Krait instead. (Oh, but you haven't engineered, OK).

Last edited:
If you never shoot things, might as well save money and get a T 7. It might as well say WINNEBAGO on the side. It looks like an RV and perform the job of one just fine. It's also cheap. When you get back to civilization, use its cargo hold to print millions of credits and buy whatever you desire.

Last edited:
If you never shoot things, might as well save money and get a T 7. It might as well say WINNEBAGO on the side. It looks like an RV and perform the job of one just fine. It's also cheap. When you get back to civilization, use its cargo hold to print millions of credits and buy whatever you desire.

Why WINNEBAGO? Mine says:

Screenshot-0002.jpg

Top Bottom