Time to pay attention to Tip Offs again?

.... Balte - it's on your list (though I confess not sure what you meant by crossing it off). Anyway it's a crashed type 9 or 10. There's a cargo rack with high grade mats (antimony, rutherium etc. depending on relog) AND a Thargoid sensor. Comms is talking about getting an SRV working again...."

Thank you very much for your input - I appreciate your help!!
That is a valuable information! Will visit the site again, later.
As I mentioned before, I just mapped planets with the DSS .
Why? Well, for several reasons...
I made 3 spot tests at locations where the DSS did not reveal anything and visited coordinates.
Results were negative, there was nothing. So I assumed the DSS scan would be enough - glad you proved me wrong!
I heard that there is another round trip to the TO destinations planned and hope the guys will test Tip Off sites more thoroughly, including a coordinate visit. Their main goal is to verify the Tip Off sites.
My main focus when I started this round trip, was to gather more 'breadcrumbs'.
I still have to bring a theory to proof :D
And that is really, really a lot of work for one alone.
Visited nearly 300 settlements in the past weeks (11 two-sided Din A5 pages full of locations + 1 Excel sheet ) and scanned their beacons and mapped lots of planets, but have only found a hand full of new message locations.
It appears that I missed / have not scanned something, that can give messages, too.
My strong suspicion today is, that the 'new' space installations around planets, those with comm and data points, can also hold messages. It would really make sense! The mechanic is similar to the ground bases.
And I always wondered if there are locations, where hacking the comms beacon of an installation reveals anything. This might be the something that I have missed.... I am going to check that out now.

It would be nice to have an in-game trail that leads to TDW station and thence to Raxxla. It would be a fitting replacement for the Elite/Founder missions that started the Quest for Raxxla thread but which disappeared some time ago...

Agreed! It really would be nice to finally know how FDev intends us to find things .
There are plenty of Tip Off locations and if the theory is correct, each of them could be a trail.
So chances are given that one even may even lead to a DW station.
But at the moment I don't want to raise too much hopes.

Agreed! It really would be nice to finally know how FDev intends us to find things .
There are plenty of Tip Off locations and if the theory is correct, each of them could be a trail.
So chances are given that one even may even lead to a DW station.
But at the moment I don't want to raise too much hopes.
Any of them centred on Shin Dez?

Sorry, guess I misunderstood the question.
Yes, had plenty in SD. Also in Alioth and Sol. But I have not experienced any difference between the TOs (by now)
They seem to be the same.
No problem. Was just pondering whether a TO mission within SD might be a Dark Wheel membership test/invitation. We’re still wondering where the Elite/Founder missions went to since they appeared to be Raxxla-related, though that might have been part of the Raxxla obfuscation.

...finally returning from private discussions with commander Ironshirt and from numerous discord' channels.

Call for assistance from "Dja Co-P Mapping Service"

Commanders, as you probably know already three months ago I've started my own research concerning Tip Off missions (in fact not as missions themselves as their destinations and obtained logs). Now this project turns to be a full scale investigation. Yes, this is the "another one in a row" of similar ones (and inherited quite a bunch of info from previous attempts) however the results already obtained gives us hope that this one will be the last. I'll surely post my preliminary conclusions later in a standalone thread when they will be ready and now just some run-time project scope statistics we have:
Current tick#​
#190, day 7
Paticipants:​
137​
BubbleColonia
Form submissions:​
In​
Out​
Locations​
all​
bases​
wreck​
???​
today​
active​
absent​
no data​
Messages​
UniqueENRUFRDEESBR
all​
96​
79​
47​
13​
40​
2​
1​
Corporate Data Log​
24​
24​
15​
3​
19​
0​
0​
Commanders Log​
17​
13​
7​
1​
6​
0​
0​
Comms Record​
18​
13​
8​
1​
1​
0​
0​
Crew Log​
10​
8​
3​
2​
6​
0​
0​
just log/mayday​
21​
18​
11​
4​
6​
1​
0​
situation report​
5​
2​
3​
2​
2​
1​
1​
Quartermaster's Log​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
total:​
182​
All this is data is stored and based on this "root" spreadsheet and as it finally has got some kind of acceptable kind of the title page I can now publish the link here (beware, that is a spoiler by its nature):
ED:H - Tip Off - archives with side notes
(sorry for absence of documentation -hope to finish it soon)

However, this investigation needs your help commanders, and quite urgently!

The scans of the "ship data core" on some currently still active "Tip Off" related crash sites using specific game client localization's are required:

System
Body​
Coordinates
(not necessary after DSS)​
languages​
Deadline (up to "server maintenance")
Raidal
C 1​
-66.46, 143.28​
Spanish, Portuguese​
15/08/2019
Motie
4 a​
-8.51, 156.381​
Portuguese​
15/08/2019
Nayahun
ABC 1 b​
-34.95, 10.33​
German, Spanish, Portuguese​
21/08/2019

I'm hoping that this data can help us really close some important gaps and make the investigation progress even more!
Any possible help will be very appreciated.

o7
CMDR Dja

Last edited:
Greetings,

Nayahun ABC 1 b – German language

Kommunikationsaufzeichnung:
Laut unseren Informationen wurde dieser Standort kompromittiert. Zeit, das wir das Objekt woanders hinbringen.
Für jeden anderen ist das nur das Wrack eines Raumschiffs.
Stelle gemäß Anordnung 4762 räumen.

Befehlsstelle, out.

Nayahun.jpg

Greetings,

Nayahun ABC 1 b – German language

Kommunikationsaufzeichnung:
Laut unseren Informationen wurde dieser Standort kompromittiert. Zeit, das wir das Objekt woanders hinbringen.
Für jeden anderen ist das nur das Wrack eines Raumschiffs.
Stelle gemäß Anordnung 4762 räumen.

Befehlsstelle, out.
Code:
Dja Co-P Mapping service in
Analyzing data... no reference found
Creating new entry
New entry created
Recording
Dja Co-P Mapping service out

Oh, many thanks - that was just in time. And that is the brand new message in the "Comms Record" class that belongs to the same "military" family (or "set") that most of "SRP" are.

Some more information on the on-going investigation:
1) Commander Arunden still do the most of hard work to check nearly ALL the so far known TO-related locations for any signs of activity (yes, on a "per tick" basis). Bravo! ("nearly" here as he checks only locations that so far have not resulted in logs for his commander)
2) I've finished the "dig in" style "data mining" process for both "Galactic Academy" and "Elite Dangerous Community" discords. That was quite fruitful in regard to historic data, also one new location in the Bubble has been discovered.
3) Many thanks to commander Yami666 from "Elite Dangerous Community" - he has recontacted me and subscribed so far unknown and new 6 (!!!!) TO locations in the Bubble (quite an extraordinary event for the last month). Also, most of the TO he has received is due to evac missions in WHN and directs to the Bubble - and this means that so far (at this dates) the confirmation status for the "Enclave" new TO "pool" is NEGATIVE
4)Down to the technical info:
Those locations has been recently removed from the actual "check" list as being not TO-related:
Code:
10 Kappa Pegasi_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[26031,-163004]}
10 Kappa Pegasi_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[-40722,-80788]} 
10 Kappa Pegasi_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[-44143,23565]} 
10 Kappa Pegasi_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[52734,76156]}
Blest_{body:4 d}{type:CS}{coords:[42.413,-80.498]} GWP 441_{body:?}{type:xx} 
HIP 1687_{body:?}{type:xx} 
Koli Discii_{body:C 6 a}{type:CS}{coords:[28.5802,7.219]} 
Negrito_{body:2}{type:CS}{coords:[28.1009,-47.5502]} 
Orrere_{body:2 b}{type:CS}{coords:[43.822,-173.981]} 
Sol_{body:Charon}{type:CS}{coords:[-45.81,-80.741]}
(*not really "removed", just "moved" to the appropriate place in the POI spreadsheet)
and here the ones added:
Code:
Beker_{body:C 4}{type:ST}{var:L1H}{name:Peary's Progress}
Ancento_{body:1 b}{type:xx}{coords:[-70.63,-65.28]}
Col 285 Sector DI-P b20-2_{body:B 2}{type:xx}{coords:[59.13,48.95]}
Hasattra_{body:3 c}{type:xx}{coords:[55.15,13.23]}
Jicarex_{body:4}{type:xx}{coords:[66.76,-147.04]}
Ongkampan_{body:4}{type:}{coords:[15.63,-140.77]}
Wolf 914_{body:D 1}{type:xx}{coords:[-43.71,104.54]}

This tick new active sites:
Code:
Almana_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[16.9,116.83]}
Ceti Sector HR-W c1-16_{body:A 1}{type:CS}{coords:[27.68,17.54]}
Col 285 Sector QD-P b20-1_{body:4 a}{type:CS}{coords:[62.76,64.67]}
Gamma-2 Normae_{body:A 1 a}{type:CS}{coords:[-30.47,136.43]}

Sites on the second tick of activity (still must be active)
Code:
Col 285 Sector ZW-X b16-3_{body:B 3 a}{type:CS}{coords:[67.45,3.53]}
Czerno_{body:1}{type:CS}{coords:[-33.84,-76.05]}
Hyades Sector WK-M b8-4_{body:6 a}{type:CS}{coords:[14.1,-162.25]}
Kadicat_{body:B 3}{type:CS}{coords:[26.35,-101.34]}
Karsuki Ti_{body:A 6}{type:CS}{coords:[26.2,-5.85]}
LP 798-44_{body:A 1}{type:CS}{coords:[42.51,-131.44]}
Mant_{body:A 4 a}{type:CS}{coords:[9.58,1.71]}
Nayahun_{body:ABC 1 b}{type:CS}{coords:[-34.952,10.331]}
Scorpii Sector PH-V a2-0_{body:3}{type:CS}{coords:[-3.49,-38.32]}

Since my last post we have already bypassed one hundred unique logs (101 already).
2 new (in French) were obtained in Almana and Ceti Sector HR-W c1-16 systems. Here are approximate translations:
Code:
Commander's log: Sagitarius A, here we come! I can't wait to see what's out there. It's so exciting! There's no doubt about it, this trip is really the best thing that's ever happened to me.
and another
Code:
Crew log: I can already imagine the insurance report. Contract cancelled due to unapproved vessel modifications. And how are we supposed to be able to reach systems that far away without touching the basic configuration, huh? At least the data didn't suffer.  Once the wreckage is safely returned to port, their sale should cover the purchase of a new ship.
As already usual they are not at all the same as the English ones obtained on the same sites (in the same activity period).
I start to wonder if it was the original intention of FDev that complete Tip Off related stories - full "subsets" - can be obtained only by fully international team.

Little improvement of the "Bubble" tab in the spreadsheet.
6 new columns with check boxes added (the blue ones) that show what languages has been already "used" on a given crash site (recently) or base (ever) - those states are calculated based on the submitted data.

Update: 3 more active crash sites revealed by commander Arunden:
Code:
Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-16_{body:D 2}{type:CS}{coords:[-4.54,138.94]} 
LHS 3338_{body:3 a}{type:CS}{coords:[-73.04,-3.77]} 
Vagho_{body:AB 1 a}{type:CS}{coords:[13.298,143.274]}
The latter two probably can produce interesting logs.

Current state of the investigation. Review.
News:
  1. Due to enormous effort invested into the "tip off" investigation mostly by CEC group - with all the regular field work on per tick basis - we are not so far from finishing the full timetable/roadmap of the all so far known TO-related crash sites (only two ticks remains to close the "big cycle" loop for most of them).
  2. During the last two ticks we have already an opportunity to revisit some of the sites that have been scanned three months ago at the very beginning. And the results obtained are from one side quite fundamental and from the other not very encouraging. The main result is that the TO logs - for a given game client localization - are quasi-permanent not only for stationary bases (settlements), but also for "blinking" crash sites.
Yeah, our previous assumption that the logs at crash sites are somehow "cycling" by unknown laws (rngesus, formula or anything else) - i.e. "time/cycle-dependent" - looks to be wrong (two observations of the contrary already). Yes, we are aware that at least once they have "shifted" (supposedly somewhere in 2016-2017) but the latter can be - and most probably is - the result of a "manual" intervention (result of related bug fixing). And that's why "quasi"-permanent. One can say that this result adds to the "stability" of the data sources and as that is quite positive, however here are some preliminary and very basic "theoretical" calculations to illustrate the "other side" of the obtained results. I'll use the obtained Russian logs dataset as the most correct and full from statistics point of view in my example. Here we have:
Number of known TO crash sites (CS):
118 - CS Bubble (can be greater - like ~160?)
60 - CS Colonia
RU LOGS from Bases/Settlements (CDL) - 16
All unique RU LOGS so far obtained - 64
unique RU LOGS obtained from CS - =TOTAL-CDL=64-16=48
total RU LOGS from Colonia - 42 (42 of 60 sites scanned)
total RU LOGS from Bubble - 88 (88 0f 118 sites scanned)
UR - "Unique" Ratio = unique RU Logs CS/sites(Bubble+Colonia)=48/(88+42)=~0.37 unique per site
"Global" unique logs so far known (GUL) - 113 (taking into account logs from all localizations), or 113-24 (max CDL)=89 obtained from crash sites (GUL CS). Looking at the rate of discovering new ones per tick this is far from the final count (GUL CS=~96 at least).

So now achievable - for RU localization if all already known sites will be "scanned" : (CS Bubble + CS Colonia)UR=(118+60)0.37=~66 logs
or in the best case - (60+160)*0.37= 81 logs, which is however less than 89 GUL now known and as logical conclusion of above:
a commander using one given localization is incapable of obtaining the complete set of TO-related end messages

Is there a certain style of play to spawn tip offs
You mean "Tip Off" missions (those leading to TO-sites)? Very old but still good post by Ian Doncaster - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-the-mysterious-stranger.443594/#post-6945636. You can check the links section in the root spreadsheet of the project for more info on-topic. Donations, courier missions,evacuations and other repetitious activity proved to be a good source for TO missions. Take into account "geographical check" and the fact that missions are "secondary" - they are directing commanders to an already active sites, they do not activate sites themselves.

You mean "Tip Off" missions (those leading to TO-sites)? Very old but still good post by Ian Doncaster - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-the-mysterious-stranger.443594/#post-6945636. You can check the links section in the root spreadsheet of the project for more info on-topic. Donations, courier missions,evacuations and other repetitious activity proved to be a good source for TO missions. Take into account "geographical check" and the fact that missions are "secondary" - they are directing commanders to an already active sites, they do not activate sites themselves.
Thank you o7

Received yesterday task from Tip Off on scanning system SVAROGICH, 3a (12.15/-84.56). It's a military base. It is necessary to scan the sensors for a certain time.

Top Bottom