Time To Take Back Deciat!

For as long as I can remember, Deciat (which is a major 'tourist' attraction) has been a Federal system but holds an allegiance to an Imperial leader! This is just WRONG. Are there no serious PowerPlayers on the side of the Federation? Hudson, Winters, where are you? Somebody needs to reclaim Deciat for the Federation! I'd do it myself (haha, like I have a clue), but I'm busy grinding my other PP modules.

Seriously, this seems like it would be a prime system to fight over, yet it's like nobody cares. Is that it, nobody cares?

Most probably Deciat isn't a profitable system for Federal Powerplay. You know, it's all about profit and efficiency. There is not much room for prestige wars.

Most probably Deciat isn't a profitable system for Federal Powerplay. You know, it's all about profit and efficiency. There is not much room for prestige wars.
Sigh.... And I suppose unlike BGS there's no way to flip a PowerPlay allegiance all by one's lonesome, is there?

So Deciat is deep in ALD's teritorry. It belongs to the XINCA ControlSystem bubble.

Deciat itsefl is ruled by a Federal democrat faction.

One thing to do might be to flip the majority in the XINCA bubble to dictatorship governments. This would be good because ALD is weak against dictatorships and it might be easier for Winters, the closest Federal power, to undermine ALD ... but they need to undermine ALD so much that she is going to turmoil and then only the weakest control systems will be subject to loss...

There is really no easy way to make a power lose a specific system.

edit:
also I don't remember that Deciat ever was in Federal power control...
you sure?

Maybe better try to take back Beta Hydri witch was seized by the Empire some time ago and now is a contested system, though it is one of the Federal founding systems and also one of the Federal permit systems.

Last edited:
Yep - https://eddb.io/system/4079

I suppose another way to fix the discrepancy is to flip the system over to the Empire. This is possible via BGS, yes? CMDR Duck won't like it any, but my alt CMDR Jenny is an Imperial loyal to ALD, so she would love the idea!

Now I see what you mean.

The ruling minor faction "Deciat Green Party" is federal, but the PowerPlay control is Arissa Duval.

This happens oh so often, I have gotten used to it and just got blind to this kind of discrepancy.

Powerplay is a representation of political and economic influence over a sector. It means that Arissa is exploiting some of the Deciat system resources, influencing the economy, increasing security, and extending protection with her personal garrison (Shield of Justice)

The actual government determines which superpower a system owes allegiance to, which is currently a Federation Democracy. Those are the people who make the laws, enforce them, and manage the system assets. If you want to help ruin Arissa (or any power), none of them are strong against democracy.

TBH most people who don't play powerplay just ignore who's exploiting what system. Power play effects on a system are usually minimal, and it's not like the Shield of Justice ships actually do anything in game except get in your way.

Whait, what?!
@Old Duck if you have not time for this then why you summmon this topic?

At this moment SPEAR is trying to push out Innocent PvP Players from Deciat. We shouldn't never allow to give them any chance. SPEAR are selfish bad players that want limit others joy of playing.
Absolutely reprehensible behavior od SPEAR members.

Whait, what?!

At this moment SPEAR is trying to push out Innocent PvP Players from Deciat. We shouldn't never allow to give them any chance. SPEAR are selfish bad players that want limit others joy of playing.
Just block them :sneaky:

Whait, what?!

I lol'd pretty hard, hi Mant3z!! I'm also disappointed GARD didn't get a mention specifically. ;) Kicking you guys around in deciat the last two weeks has been fun. I'm now at the summer house and not exactly combat spec with my laptop and small joysticks, and another critical wing member is currently in colonia, so I'm afraid you'll have to deal with SPEAR until we get operational again. They fly bigger wings than us usually, which I imagine must be frustrating. We'll be back for more plasma hugs soon!!

I'm confused.

In what way are this 'SPEAR', whoever they are, trying to push out 'innocent PVP players'? Because if they're doing it by force in game... wouldn't innocent PVP players just take it as an opportunity to engage in some fun PVP, and resist them violently? :unsure:

I'm not sure how to reconcile your description of these 'innocent PVP players' with your apparent complaint that SPEAR are trying to 'limit others' joy' by challenging them for dominance in an area. Obviously if SPEAR are using out-of-game methods like, I don't know, trying to get these 'innocent PVP players' banned or something, then that would be different, of course.

I'm confused.

In what way are this 'SPEAR', whoever they are, trying to push out 'innocent PVP players'? Because if they're doing it by force in game... wouldn't innocent PVP players just take it as an opportunity to engage in some fun PVP, and resist them violently? :unsure:

I'm not sure how to reconcile your description of these 'innocent PVP players' with your apparent complaint that SPEAR are trying to 'limit others' joy' by challenging them for dominance in an area. Obviously if SPEAR are using out-of-game methods like, I don't know, trying to get these 'innocent PVP players' banned or something, then that would be different, of course.
He's just being funny, he's a terrorist. Recent history is as follows...

We, GARD (a member of SPEAR, the largest coalition of lawful enforcers) have been patrolling deciat pretty heavily lately in 2 and 3 man wings, sometimes 4, this was basically the last month or so. We've been VERY successful, we haven't, in fact, lost a single 'proper' engagement yet.

As of about a week ago, we are now missing key players and have stopped patrols. At the same time as we informed SPEAR they need to provide some extra cover for Deciat, the griefing suddenly ramped up a lot, and SPEAR is now heavily camped in deciat with large wings of experienced pvpers, driving off griefers. Mant3z is salty (in a fun, funny way, I'm not starting anything here, I love fighting them over there, this is what I play the game for), because SPEAR's MO is rather heavy handed. They take large wings and eradicate all terrorists in a system of an evening with overwhelming force, which is exactly what they are supposed to do. GARD prefers more even engagements, in fact, we prefer to be outnumbered, but we fully support SPEAR's action in deciat, great going guys (and gals!)

Last edited:
He's just being funny, he's a griefer. Recent history is as follows...

We, GARD (a member of SPEAR, the largest coalition of lawful enforcers) have been patrolling deciat pretty heavily lately in 2 and 3 man wings, sometimes 4, this was basically the last month or so. We've been VERY successful, we haven't, in fact, lost a single 'proper' engagement yet.

As of about a week ago, we are now missing key players and have stopped patrols. At the same time as we informed SPEAR they need to provide some extra cover for Deciat, the griefing suddenly ramped up a lot, and SPEAR is now heavily camped in deciat with large wings of experienced pvpers, driving off griefers. Mant3z is salty (in a fun, funny way, I'm not starting anything here, I love fighting them over there, this is what I play the game for), because SPEAR's MO is rather heavy handed. They take large wings and eradicate all terrorists in a system of an evening with overwhelming force, which is exactly what they are supposed to do. GARD prefers more even engagements, in fact, we prefer to be outnumbered, but we fully support SPEAR's action in deciat, great going guys!
Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. And, for the record, I wasn't particularly having a go at Mant3z either - except that I saw what seemed like a contradiction to me and wanted clarification on it. I mention it only because I've noticed that often online, when I ask for clarification on something I don't understand, it can be interpreted as sarcasm or challenge. That wasn't the case here.

He's just being funny, he's a terrorist. Recent history is as follows...

Well, then you have to loose lots of "uppropper" fights, because I saw several times SPEAR wing high waking out of Deciat engagement :p

Top Bottom