Time when not playing?

I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, but I went to my first franchise zoo yesterday to check out what cheetahs I had there and within about 15 mins, 5 died of old age... I hadn't played this zoo for a while as it seemed to develop a lot of problems, mainly haemorrhaging money. Also I discovered a whole bunch of Red Pandas in a pen which I'm sure only had a pair in last time I played. I thought time stopped when you were not playing... am I wrong? or is this a bug?

20191203201913_1.jpg

Good question, some Games do that, but I didn't expect PlanetZoo does it. I know your other Zoos in franchise continue to make profit while you're playing on another franchise map - but I think a lot of people would run into big problems, when they don't have time to play every day or maybe just once a week/month. So I hope it's not the case, but I'm not sure. 🤔

My bf said he noticed this too - animals have been aging and giving birth in his franchise zoo while he wasn't playing. I thought he might have been mistaken but now that you've experienced it as well is validation it seems. I don't think I have personally experienced this or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.

But it would end in weird chaos when people go back to their first zoo after a while... habitats would be crowded or empty by then. I thought the game only reckons the profit from existing zoos in the background and not that there actually animals die, are born and grow up.

I didn't experienced it myself, didn't start a franchise yet, I just know that other games like No Mans Sky, ARK, Conan et cetera would destroy your base buildings with time, because you don't play. So there it can happen that you go back into your online server game and your base buildings are gone. But this is depending on the server set and explained before you join a server - so the unused base buildings for example get deleted after a week not playing.

I think something like this in PlanetZoo would be difficult, not everyone has time to play regularly... so it hopefully should stay the way you left it the last time. 😐

Last edited:
I went back to check my bear community event zoo, and I still only have 2 adult bears per enclosure. The last enclosures I built to store my extra trade center bears shows them at 6.1 - 6.3 years old (just after they mature). If animals are breeding/maturing in peoples franchise zoos while they're offline, I'd assume it's a bug.

But it would end in weird chaos when people go back to their first zoo after a while... habitats would be crowded or empty by then. I thought the game only reckons the profit from existing zoos in the background and not that there actually animals die, are born and grow up.

I didn't expierinced it myself, didn't start a franchise yet, I just know that other games like No Mans Sky, ARK, Conan et cetera would destroy your base buildings with time, because you don't play. So there it can happen that you go back into your online server game and your base buildings are gone. But this is depending on the server set and explained before you join a server - so the unused base buildings for example get deleted after a week not playing (for example).

I think something like this in PlanetZoo would be difficult, not everyone has time to play regularly... so it hopefully should stay the way you left it the last time. 😐
yeah thats why i'm curious, I know some online games do that, but didnt think this would happen. I sort of shelved my first franchise as it wasnt really working, I started a new franchise which i played for a while, then i finished the career mode (which has its own problems) I then started a sandbox mode zoo thinking it would be better..... but that also has problems.... so i went back to franchise. I started a third and it was going ok (until now there seems to be a problem with animal storage) so when i found out the community thingy was Cheetahs and I knew I had quite a few in my first franchise so went back to check and half of them died. The remainders are now in my new franchise and im thinking of trying to move all the animals from the first franchise and deleting it.

I went back to check my bear community event zoo, and I still only have 2 adult bears per enclosure. The last enclosures I built to store my extra trade center bears shows them at 6.1 - 6.3 years old (just after they mature). If animals are breeding/maturing in peoples franchise zoos while they're offline, I'd assume it's a bug.
Thanks for that, It doesnt seem like yours have then, Im wondering if my first zoo is just broken lol

Yes I noticed it. It is quite easy to check. Just save your game while having the camera zoomed on animal.

I noticed it because of this - saved while I was checking my bongo. He was sleeping in his shelter. Even the thumbnail image of that save showed him sleeping, but when I loaded it, i was looking at empty shelter and the animal was on the other side of the habitat.

Thanks for that, It doesnt seem like yours have then, Im wondering if my first zoo is just broken lol
I did check my first zoo but everything looks in order there as well. While I don't remember exactly what animals I had over there I can see named albinos I stored over there before the bear community event - they're all stilll 1-2 years old. If the animals were aging I assume they would be long gone as it's springbok/nyala and they don't really live that long. I've had 3 other franchise zoos running for some considerable time since then (bears, pandas & cheetahs).

Guess the best way to check would be to do some testing and record ages of animals in one zoo, then run a different one for a while (20 years or so), then check back.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, about testing it.... but tbh I feel like I'm still beta testing, I dont mind if it helps fix things I do (oddly) quite enjoy beta testing but its annoying when you have spent hours in a game thats meant to be full release and still getting bugs that break your game

Top Bottom