Tip - check your fuel !

So I've been playing since day one and have fair bit of cash so I bought a Palin transporter

Been space trucking for a while hauling 100 tons of expensive cargo around the galaxy

One trip I was transporting gold I think and had invested over £350k on a 19 jump run. Potential profit over £100k

Guess who runs out of fuel 2 jumps from home?

Had to dump the cargo to be able to make another jump

Lesson learned

I do exploring so don't have that prob....No Shields so I can carry more fuel,no cargo so I can replace with fuel scoop...over 2k light years in past 10 hours and still a full tank.......been lucky though as just about every system I have been into has had a star I can scoop....no doubt my luck will run out soon enough :/

I do exploring so don't have that prob....No Shields so I can carry more fuel,no cargo so I can replace with fuel scoop...over 2k light years in past 10 hours and still a full tank.......been lucky though as just about every system I have been into has had a star I can scoop....no doubt my luck will run out soon enough :/

NO shields? is that wise?

NO shields? is that wise?

I am carrying no cargo...all I have are system maps that I have scanned with my ship...these sell for quite a lot of credits at stations more so if your scans have water worlds,earth like worlds and ammonia worlds...I don't even have weapons...plus im that far out I find it highly unlikely I will see another person...it is all uneplored

I've been there, lol. Picked up some cargo for a mission and that put me over my mass to make the jump back to pretty much every nearest star to me.

I always now run with a fuel scoop and an extra fuel tank. This has saved my ass a few times now :)

Well be careful coming back to civilization to sell your data, sometimes griefers will blow up explorers just to deny them their credits. Plus NPCs can interdict you as well

What do you do if you want to fly your other ship? If you have one?

you need to travel all the way back to the station you left your other ship? Or can you acces your other ships in all stations?

What do you do if you want to fly your other ship? If you have one?

you need to travel all the way back to the station you left your other ship? Or can you acces your other ships in all stations?

If like to know how this world as this had been putting me of traveling too far as I have3 ships

I wont head back to civilisation for a few days mate.......I will then see how much credits I make selling system maps and either upgrade all my systems or better ship and head back out...my intention is to reach far side of galaxy

You better say:

- Check your trade/mission route (and look if it's all in a continuous line or non-continuous) /that means you can't jump farter cause of FUEL/.
-
Put the mass filter slider considering the cargo ammount you are transporting.
- No more worries.

:D

Last edited:
Two words for ya...

FUEL SCOOP !

;)

I stuck one of these suckers on my first ship as soon as I had the credits, and I consider it as vital a piece of "Standard Equipment" as an FSD Drive. Especially when you are focusing on deep space exploration missions to compile Cartography data of "Unexplored systems"!

As good ol' Karl Malden use to say back in the day...

"Don't leave home without it!" :)

Last edited:
So I've been playing since day one and have fair bit of cash so I bought a Palin transporter

Been space trucking for a while hauling 100 tons of expensive cargo around the galaxy

One trip I was transporting gold I think and had invested over £350k on a 19 jump run. Potential profit over £100k

Guess who runs out of fuel 2 jumps from home?

Had to dump the cargo to be able to make another jump

Lesson learned

There are many things in ED that you only really learn by doing them wrong, you can often read about someone doing something similar, maybe even have a little chuckle at their expense and then promptly forget it till you do the same thing.

There are however a few things in the OP that confuse me. I play the game on the PC rather than XBone but I was under the impression that the game was essentially the same, I have highlighted in red the two main points of confusion

1) What ship? never seen that name before.

2) Redeacted from stupidity.

Edit: forget point 2 I miss read it a bit.

Last edited:
If like to know how this world as this had been putting me of traveling too far as I have3 ships

Yes, you currently need to travel to where your ships are stored to switch over. A lot of CMDRs have a system they call their "home" system, usually a Tech world with a decent range of ships. Pick something central to your political leanings, and leave your ships there, or nearby. That way you're always going to the one place to swap over.

I just checked, and I have 4 ships now in the PC version. Sidewinder, Adder, Vulture and Asp. The Asp is my toy of choice just now for doing long PowerPlay runs. My Xbox CMDR has only one ship, the Adder. My favourite small ship by a long way...

In the options menu in galaxy map change the star types to display only D, M, A, F, K and M stars. They are the ones that are scoopable.

1stly - noisy - thank you - didnt know thats what the dotted line meant - great help

And Matt - not sure on the exact figures mate but was using the 1st big transporter - Lakon i think - 100 ton cargo hold

was using elitetradingtool.co.uk and sure it was either gold or marine something or another - anyways all trips i was running were over £100k profit - maybe the goods cost more cant remember

I know that trip cost me a damn fortune though for being stupid enough not to keep eye on the fuel guage

Shoulda deployed the rat signal! ;-)

fuelrats_150.png

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=150703

Top Bottom