Tips on how to complete Jurassic Difficulty level (with special dedication to Isla Sorna).

Introduction
Hello everyone! I want to share with you my tips to complete the Jurassic Difficulty level. The agenda that I have prepared concerns Isla Sorna (which is my favourite map), the tactics to complete this level on other maps will be slightly different. Easy and Medium Difficulty levels would also have different tactics (for instance, I start to excavate the Ceratosaurus fossils instead of Struthiomimus fossils). This tips can also be applied for Hard Difficulty on Isla Sorna. Later I have prepared the ganeral tips for other islands. Before playing challenge mode on Jurassuc Difficulty level I highly recommend to watch DineOnNikes playthrough on YouTube.

Isla Sorna: Jurassic Difficulty; General Tips

• At the beginning of the game you already have Spinosaur and 3 herds of Stegosaurs on your island. First thing you want to do is to make sure that Spinosaur won’t kill any of the Stegosaurs. That’s why I think it is necessary to enclose the Spine Lizard. You need to build the fence around it and make sure that it is comfortable. Next you have to build the buildings in the following order: Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre and Research Centre. All of the buildings need to be situated in the largest part of the Island (by largest part of the Island I mean the area where the Spinosaur is roaming when you start). Then you need to connect these buildings using paths to the Arrival Point.
  • In order to reach your first star on Isla Sorna you don’t need to do very much actually! After enclosing the Spinosaur and building the necessary buildings all you have to do is to build Fast-Food and Gift Shop next to the Arrival Point and done.
  • After completing those two points I relocate the Stegosaurs. I build the fence around the group that lives close to the Arrival Point. Then when my cash is pretty good I usually build the ACU Centre and start to tranquillise the group that I saved from Spinosaur (in the biggest part of the island). I move 3 members of this herd to the first pen and the last 2 to the other part of the island where they can graze with their family. Stegosaurs tolerate 9 animals of their kind (there’s already 6 in the first pen). Having 9 Stegosaurs in the same enclosure allows me to complete contracts where I have to take photo of dinosaurs fighting. I don’t build the enclosure for second group of Stegosaurs, because they live away from the guests. I often use terms like: part of the island close to the Arrival Point, biggest part of the island and third part of the island. The part close to the Arrival Point is place where originally there are 6 Stegosaurs, all Hotels should be situated here as well as all shops at a later time. The biggest part of the island is place where originally there is a wild Spinosaur and 5 Stegosaurs. The third part of the island is originally inhabited by only 5 Stegosaurs.
  • The storms are probably one of the most annoying things that you have to deal with on Jurassic Difficulty Mode (the second are diseases). But you can easly cope with them. There are two types of storms: ordinary ones and tornados. You need to listen carefully because you can get the alert in the game, before the storm hits, that says: ”Ladies and gentlemen, please be advised that the weather forecast has been updated, storm warning level has been raised”. You get notification only before tornado in the upper right corner. Remember to save the game before every storm. When you do something wrong during the ordinary storm you can easily reload the save and the storm after reloading will last shorter and probably won’t cause any damage to your buildings. The tornados are a little bit trickier because they will devastate everything what’s on their way. In order to avoid that I build few little pens (usually away from all the other infrastucture or at the end of the island) in the thirt part of Isla Sorna (that’s where the second herd of the Stegosaurs is wandering around). Those little pens work as lures for the tornado. If the tornado spawns in the place that is not appropriate for me I also reload the game to make the tornado (actually the AI) to spawn in place where those little pens are situated. However it is not always working, sometimes I have to reload the game up to few times when I finally get the tornado in the place that will suit me the most. It is convenient because I can focus on research or fossil extraction during the most severe weather conditions.
  • You don’t have to worry about illnesses at the beginning of the game. The first animal that will get sick is the poor Spinosaur. The animal will get Common Cold, so you don’t have to start researching the cures immediately (remember that this rule applies only to Isla Sorna, on other islands you would probably start with Struthiomimus, which is extremely susceptible to Common Cold virus). You can check what diseases your dinosaurs are susceptible to in their imformation panel.
  • Animals can get sick at any time. It is worth to have one Ranger Station with 3 Jeeps (each costs 200,000$). When the animal gets sick I usually send all 3 Rangers to cure this animal. The viruses spread really fast and you will have to deal with the sickness approximately every 25 minutes (similarly to storms). That’s why it is so important to complete the challenge as fast as possible, unless you play for fun and you want your park to look beautiful.
  • On Isla Sorna you will need to have 6 Hotels (less than on Isla Nublar where you need 7 of them, on Isla Matanceros you will need 2, on Isla Muerta 4, on Isla Tacano 5, on Isla Pena 2, on Muerta East 3 and on Tacano Research Facility 1). The amenities I used during my game are: Fast-Food, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Clothes Shop, Arcade. Try to situate all of the Hotels relatively closely to the Arrival Point, thanks to that you will not have to research the Monorail (which costs 1,000,000$ by the way) and still achieve 100% rating for transport (which does count after update). That rule is working on all of the islands with the exception of Isla Pena where it is impossible to situated all the buildings close to the Arrival Point, that’s why it is the only island where you will need Monorail.
  • I only built one Viewing Gallery and placed it nearby the first pen (with 9 Stegosaurs and other herbivores). I deactivated it. You don’t need to have any dinosaur visibility in order to achieve five star for the Facility Rating. I often get the contracts that said ”Achieve 10% of dinosaur visibility”, that’s why I activated it only when I wanted to completed this type of contracts and deactivated it to receive another ”visibility” contract. It’s easy way to get money. The primary function of Viewing Galleries is to focus people in certain places (that's why it is important to place amenities nearby them and make sure that they are not very far from the Arrival Point), the same rule is applicable to the Hotels. It is impossible to achieve good Facility Rating without a Hotel or a Viewing Gallery, even if there is a lot of dinosaurs in the park.
  • Remember to get pretty good coverage of protection against the storms during the game.
  • Move some of the herbivores into the third part of the island. For instance, you can move only one Tsintaosaur to the place where the Stegosaur herd is wandering around. It will lose it’s comfort because of the loneliness, but it’s health will be at 100% because it will have access to food and water. The dinosaurs that I moved there are: Tsintaosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stygimoloch and Torosaurus. They will be uncomfortable but healthy and they will live away from the guests. The Welfare Penalty applies only for dinosaur health and not for their comfort.
  • You don’t have to worry about modifications. I used only the dinosaurs with their basic rating. It works a lot faster than with the modifications and you don’t have to waste money on genetic research, however you would end up having over 100 Troodons with this method.
  • The Hammond Foundation Fee takes approximately 75% of your income. The Hammond Foundation Fee takes money mainly from Ticket Sales. It takes less money from shops, however it doesn’t take any money from Division Buildings (Innovation Centre, Science Centre, Security Centre). I think you shouldn’t spare your money on researching them (each takes 250,000$ to research and they cost 750,000 – 1,500,000$ to purchase them). My highest profit on Isla Sorna was approximately 325,000$. You can gain money in various ways. The first way is to research Dig Yield, apply it to the Expedition Centre and sell valuable minerals. Second way is to constantly get rid of bad contracts and complete easy ones during your whole game. Third way is to select the most expensive items in every shop and double the price. Another way is to take photos. I think these techniques would work very well. I also resupplied the feedres regularly, this means I send my Rangers to refill the Carnivore Feeder at the lowest price (80,000$) instead of waiting for complete void (200,000$). However I refilled the Herbivore Feeders when I was forced to do so (they cost 100,000$).
  • The Welfare Penalty is another trouble you have to deal with. This involves Troodons in particular. They would try to escape from Ceratosaurs. It is important to create 3 separate ponds in their enclosure and place 2 Carnivore Feeders away from each other. After introducing the herding mechanic Ceratosaurs usually stay together in one corner of the paddock. This would give the opportunity for the Troodons to eat and drink at the other corner of the enclosure. I always use Ranger Teams to restore the health of the Troodons.

Research Priorities

• Extraction Speed (apllied three times)
  • Dig Yield (applied three times)
  • Additional Dig Team
  • Additional Research Team (from that point you get two research teams, this will allow you to research two items at once and be a lot faster, although I don’t recommend to research third Research Team)
  • Troodon and Extraction Speed
  • Hatchery Capacity and Electrified Heavy Steal Fence
  • Improved Output 1.0 and Outage Protection 1.0
  • Improved Output 2.0 and Outage Protection 2.0
  • Medium Power Station and Storm Defence Station
  • Available Medical Treatment
From that point the order of your research doesn’t matter, the list below contains of the rest of items that I think are crucial and I have researched them during my playthrough:
  • Dinosaurs: Dracorex, Styracosaurus, Crichtonsaurus, Sinoceratops, Baryonyx, Archaeornithomimus, Stygimoloch, Nodosaurus
  • Third Dig Team
  • Medical Treatment, although I skipped the Foot and Mouth Disease and last four of them
  • Ranger Team Scheduling
  • Buildings: Restaurant, Clothes Shop, Arcade
This rule can be applied to any island and any difficulty level.

Isla Sorna: Jurassic Difficulty; Dinosaur Choices
In order to complete Jurassic Difficulty level on Isla Sorna, you will need to have 26 species of dinosaurs in your park and reach 11000 Dinosaur Rating. Fortunately, on Isla Sorna there are already three herds of Stegosaurs as well as the Spinosaur. The 16 Stegosaurs will give you already 816 Dinosaur Rating (51 Dinosaur Rating each) and Spinosaur is worth 240 Dinosaur Rating. That’s 1056 points, however the Variety Penalty is already there. The most cost efficient dinosaur in the game is the agile Troodon, you can put 16 dinosaurs of this species in one enclosure and they will be content (if you don’t own The Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC you can use Dilophosaurs instead). The Troodon will be availablle for you to unlock after reaching the one star rating for your park (it costs 150,000$ to research). However, the first dig site you should send your expedition team is Dinosaur Park Formation, you will unlock 83% genome of Struthiomimus. When you completed your excavation there you should immediately go to Lance Formation. All this should be done before you unlock the Troodon in Research Centre (I described the research priorities in another chapter). Both sites should give you valuable minerals to sell. I used a lot of Troodons during my game, only 12 Dilophosaurs, 9 Ceratosaurs and one or two dinosaurs of each kind (according to their social requirement). The first pen of mine was not connected to the Hammond Creation Laboratory, it was situated in the area close to the Arrival Point and it contained: 9 Stegosaurs (I moved 3 Stegosaurs to this pen from the wild), 1 Huayangosaur, 2 Chungkingosaurs, 1 Edmontosaur and 2 Corythosaurs. Another four pens that I have created were actually connected to the Hatchery and were situated in the biggest part of the Island. These are all carnivore enclosures. Pen numer 2 (similarly to numer 3 and 4) contained of 16 Troodons (1008 Dinosaur Rating) and 3 Ceratosaurs (306 Dinosaur Rating). 5th pen was the home of the Spinosaur, that I moved from the previously temporary exhibit, as well as 12 Dilophosaurs (828 Dinosaur Rating). Meanwhile I have built two cages that were not connected to any Hatchery (I used ACU Helicopter to move the dinosaurs there). Pen numer 6 contained the following herbivores: 1 Triceratops, 2 Sinoceratopses, 2 Styracosaurs, 2 Dracorexes, 1 Struthiomimus, 1 Gallimimus and 1 Archaeornithomimus. The 7th pen was home for armored dinosaurs: 1 Ankylosaur, 1 Crichtonsaur, 1 Nodosaur and 1 Polacanthus. The second Hatchery was also connected to 4 paddocks. All those 4 paddocks contained 16 Troodons each. All those exhibits were placed in the biggest part of Isla Sorna (thanks to ”tornado lures” that I described in the previous chapter I was able to fit many buildings and exhibits close to each other). The last dinosaurs that I used were two carnivore species: Baryonyx and 3 Velociraptors. I released them when I realised thet I need only them to remove the Variety Penalty (although I incubated them slightly earlier). The last herbivores are: 1 Tsintaosaur, 1 Parasaurolophus, 1 Stygimoloch and 1 Torosaur. After releasing all of them I moved them to the third part of the Island to the herd of Stegosaurs. That’s how I achieved 11000 points.
The list of the dinosaurs and their rating:
  • Spinosaurus 240
  • Stegosaurus 51 (16 times 51 equals 816)
  • Struthiomimus - 9
  • Edmontosaurus - 23
  • Triceratops - 39
  • Huayangosaurus - 38
  • Corythosaurus - 27 (2 times 27 equals 54)
  • Dracorex – 32 (2 times 32 equals 64)
  • Styracosaurus - 41 (2 times 41 equals 82)
  • Ankylosaurus - 60
  • Crichtonsaurus - 57
  • Sinoceratops - 42 (2 times 42 equals 84)
  • Chungkingosaurus - 42 (2 times 42 equals 84)
  • Archaeornithomimus - 17
  • Gallimimus - 12
  • Nodosaurus - 63 (I did not have complete genome)
  • Polacanthosaurus – 65 (I did not have complete genome)
  • Troodon - 63 (112 times 63 equals 7057, although I probably used less than that)
  • Ceratosaurus - 102 (9 times 102 equals 918)
  • Dilophosaurus - 69 (12 times 69 equals 828)
  • Velociraptor - 74 (3 times 74 equals 222)
  • Baryonyx - 137
  • Tsintaosaurus - 33
  • Parasaurolophus - 36 (I only manager to extract 61% DNA from Nemegt Formation)
  • Stygimoloch – 36 (I did not have comlete genome)
  • Torosaurus – 47 (I did not have complete genome)
That’s 26 species and 11121 points. We need to acknowledge that there is also the Welfare Penalty (this means that the small carnivores will always try to escape from the bigger ones and they will be hungry and thirsty, that’s why I think it is worth to send Ranger Teams to restore their health when possible). To conclude, it is extremely difficult to complete this challenge, mainly because you will need the large amount of dinosaurs and the other main obstacle will be constant losing of money due to necessity of ressuplying the feeders all the time, however with careful management and Dig Yield upgrade everybody is able to achieve five star rating on Isla Sorna.

Jurassic Difficulty on Other Islands
The tactic will be similar in the middle as well as at the end of the game, the only difference is the start. You won’t have any dinosaurs on the other islands, so you have to start working as fast as possile. I have managed to achieve the first star on Isla Nublar in 28 minutes. Isla Nublar is the only island where the Arid Pattern is unlocked for you from the start, but I only used it when I had to complete contracts where I had to release dinosaur with rating which is higher than the basic rating. In this case the cosmetic gene is very useful, however you don’t need it for the rest of your game.
List on how to achieve one star on Jurassic Difficulty level on other islands:
1. Build Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre; you don’t have to build Research Centre at the beginning, because the only item that you will need is the Extraction Speed (which you should apply three times immediately after researching it), usually during the initial phase of the game you will be forced to build it anyway.
2. Immediately send your Expedition Team to Dinosaur Park Formation where you will get 83% of Struthiomimus genome, when this site will be depleted you should start to excavate the Huayangosaurus fossils in China. When you would have 100% of it’s genome your next goal should be Lance Formation in order to complete Struthiomimus genome and to gain access to other herbivoers.
3. Release the Struthiomimus every time when you get a contract telling you to do so, however when the Huayangosaurus genome will be at a 100% you shoud try to breed as many Huayangosaurs as possible. In order to achieve one star you will have to earn approximately 150 - 170 points of Dinosaur Rating and your Facility Rating should have five stars.
4. Reject unwanted contracts. Try to complete as many contracts as you can.
5. Before reaching the second star you need to have one Hotel (only on Isla Nublar), Fast-Food and Gift Shop, it is worth to have Ranger Station as well, because Struthiomimus is very susceptible to Common Cold.
6. When you complete your first star your priority should be the research of Dig Yield (which you should apply three times after completing this research), then Dig Team Bravo, Research Team Bravo, Troodon and Research Speed.

Dig Sites
The list of Dig Sites that you should prioritise while sending Expedition Teams:
  • Dinosaur Park Formation
  • Lance Formation (only on Isla Sorna), Ziliujing Formation (on every other island and after that the Lance Formation)
  • Once you unlock the Troodon you should immediately go back to Dinosaur Park Formation as well as Judith River Formation and Prince Creek Formation
  • All of the dig sites with dinosaurs that are availeble till second star in North America (Ankylosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Corythosaurus, Dracorex, Triceratops, Styracosaurus)
  • Lourinhã Formation
  • All dig sites from Asia
  • Europe (Baryonyx and Polacanthus fossils)
  • North America (Nodosaurus, Torosaurus, Stygimoloch)
I hope this has been helpful to all of you. Good luck with your Jurassic Difficulty Challenge Mode.
Here are my Jurassic Difficulty records:

1. Isla Nublar.JPG2. Isla Matanceros.JPG3. Isla Muerta.JPG4. Isla Tacano.JPG5. Isla Pena.JPG6. Isla Sorna.JPG7. Muerta East.JPG8. Tacano Research Facility.JPG

Last edited:
Like everyone else, I would play challenge mode if there's a new skin that interests me. I don't plan on getting every skin and it wasn't easy at first. I usually do the easy mode because I don't want to get overwhelmed. My first one took 12 hours and then the challenges on Mantaceros, Muerta East and Muerta were finished much faster to my surprise. I then completed Sorna, Pena and Tacano later this year and decided to do my first Jurassic Mode Challenge on Isla Pena and it was not easy. Took more than a week to complete it with 31 hours and 50 minutes on the record. I then did my second one on Isla Muerta and completed a bit faster but not enough. I plan to do Mantaceros and have tried a couple times but it hasn't worked for me. I also plan to do the challenge for Tacano Facility just to get the Spinoraptor skin (Don't really care for the Stegoceratops skin) as well as see what the rewards are when the challenge mode is updated for Claire's Sanctuary. Do you have tips for Tacano Facility and perhaps Muerta East if I feel like getting the Coastal Troodon?

Like everyone else, I would play challenge mode if there's a new skin that interests me. I don't plan on getting every skin and it wasn't easy at first. I usually do the easy mode because I don't want to get overwhelmed. My first one took 12 hours and then the challenges on Mantaceros, Muerta East and Muerta were finished much faster to my surprise. I then completed Sorna, Pena and Tacano later this year and decided to do my first Jurassic Mode Challenge on Isla Pena and it was not easy. Took more than a week to complete it with 31 hours and 50 minutes on the record. I then did my second one on Isla Muerta and completed a bit faster but not enough. I plan to do Mantaceros and have tried a couple times but it hasn't worked for me. I also plan to do the challenge for Tacano Facility just to get the Spinoraptor skin (Don't really care for the Stegoceratops skin) as well as see what the rewards are when the challenge mode is updated for Claire's Sanctuary. Do you have tips for Tacano Facility and perhaps Muerta East if I feel like getting the Coastal Troodon?
Well, it has been a while since I have been playing Challenge Mode, but I remember that Tacano Research Facility was probably the hardest location to play on, mostly because of the limited space and frequent tornados but also the minerals that you get form expeditions are not very expensive (I was getting minerals such as Platinum that is worth 360,000 and Gold that is worth 200,000 very rarely to my surprise). It took me longer to complete this than the challenge on Isla Pena (although game classifies both of the maps as small). After you achieve the one star it will be easier for you to manage all things. In order to reach one star you will need approximately 4 - 6 Struthiomimus and 3 - 4 Huayangosaurus (Dinosaur Park Formation which will give you 83% of Struthiomimus genome and then Ziliujing Formation which will give you 100% of Huayangosaurus genome). Later remember to research Dig Yield and Troodon. Breed as many Troodons (4 - 16 social) as you can and only one or two dinosaurs of other kind (according to their social requirements) to get rid of Variety Penalty. You must be very efficient with space when you place buildings (you'll need only one Hotel, one Fast-food as well as one Gift Shop) and use only one Hatchery per four exhibits (you'll need only 3 Hatcheries as far as I remember and 12 exhibits). Dinosaur Visibility does not count for Facility Rating, that's why I used only one Viewing Gallery. The strategy that I have used was not that different on Muerta East with the exception that I research Restaurant, Clothes Shop and Arcade to boost the Facility Rating. All the necessary information is situated above in the part called "Jurassic Difficulty on Other Islands" and you can watch the playthrough of DineOnNikes, it will definitely help you, although I changed some of the aspects, like no modifications and all buildings situated nearby the Arrival Point, but the rest of the game was pretty similar:
He also prepared a website dedicated to Jurassic Difficulty Challenge Mode: https://jurassicstrategies.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
I've found 10 Iguanodon + 10 Huayangosaurus to be a great paddock combination for challenge mode, it doesn't require a lot of space and it's ±1000 dinosaur rating with the right modifications

Last edited:
I just managed to achieve 5 star rating on Nublar North in 3:48 hours. This was race against the clock and the hardest Challenge Mode so far! I started with building the facilities (Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre and Research Centre) and then I placed Hotel, Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the first Operation Centre (it is worth to remember that on this map there are two entrances called Operation Centres). The second Operation Centre is situated at the other corner of the map, and you need to put Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the second entrance as well, otherwise the Facility Rating will not be high enough. There are already four species on the island: Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus, Stygimoloch and Triceratops. I recommend to isolate the 3 Triceratops because the Stygimoloch will start to loose its comfort quickly due to population requirements. Move them using ACU to other location. In order to complete this you need to have 22 species in your park and 12000 points. The good news is that you only need 3 Hotels. The tactic remained the same as previouslly on Isla Sorna. I have not tried the new Paleobotany system in Challenge Mode yet, so I don't know if it is worth to researching. Console players should turn off Camera Shaking and Controler Vibration in the Settings. Lastly, I have a feeling that the Dinosaur Comfort level may be counted to Welfare Penalty. Hope that this has been helpful. Good luck to all of you and please share your scores ;)
Jurassic Difficulty Nublar North.jpg

Last edited:
I just managed to achieve 5 star rating on Nublar North in 3:48 hours. This was race against the clock and the hardest Challenge Mode so far! I started with building the facilities (Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre and Research Centre) and then I placed Hotel, Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the first Operation Centre (it is worth to remember that on this map there are two entrances called Operation Centres). The second Operation Centre is situated at the other corner of the map, and you need to put Fast-Food and Gift Shop nearby the second entrance as well, otherwise the Facility Rating will not be high enough. There are already four species on the island: Brachiosaurus, Gallimimus, Stygimoloch and Triceratops. I recommend to isolate the 3 Triceratops because the Stygimoloch will start to loose its comfort quickly due to population requirements. Move them using ACU to other location. In order to complete this you need to have 22 species in your park and 12000 points. The good news is that you only need 3 Hotels. The tactic remained the same as previouslly on Isla Sorna. I have not tried the new Paleobotany system in Challenge Mode yet, so I don't know if it is worth to researching. Console players should turn off Camera Shaking and Controler Vibration in the Settings. Lastly, I have a feeling that the Dinosaur Comfort level may be counted to Welfare Penalty. Hope that this has been helpful. Good luck to all of you and please share your scores ;)
View attachment 135544
How is it that some people get these Jurassic challenges done so fast? It took 31 hours to complete Pena and 26 hours to complete Muerta and also I would restart the challenge if something doesn't go right.

I've watched and read tips and I know I have to be patient in waiting for enough money and I don't really care a lot about beating a record but there are times when I do and it's a bit ridiculous on how long it's taken me to finish a Jurassic Challenge

Anyway, I'm doing the Jurassic challenge for Sanctuary aiming to get both skins. I more or less got my first star and 2 hours have passed.

Last edited:
Seriously, how do you get it done so fast?
Troodon is the most efficient dinosaur in the game, you can put 16 per pen and they will be completely happy with each other, I only hatch one or two dinos of other species according to their requirements (just to get rid of Variety Penalty). 16 Troodons are worth 1008 points. I end up having approximately 8 exhibits with Troodons, and you can put 3 Ceratosaurus into each enclosure as well (that's another 306 points). People who do not own Dr Wu's DLC can use Dilophosaurus instead (12 of them are worth 828 points). You have to literally spam dinosaurs ;).

Seriously, how the hell do you beat Jurassic difficulty in under four hours? Even if you lucked out and consistently received extremely good contracts and dug up lots of minerals every time you sent out an expedition, I find it difficult to believe you could reach five stars in such a short amount of time.

Seriously, how the hell do you beat Jurassic difficulty in under four hours? Even if you lucked out and consistently received extremely good contracts and dug up lots of minerals every time you sent out an expedition, I find it difficult to believe you could reach five stars in such a short amount of time.
I think a lot of people focus on building Viewing Galleries, which is not important, I only place one. Another thing is that you should place all the Hotels nearby the entrance to avoid researching Monorail (with the exception of Isla Pena). I described all the stuff in the first thread regarding Isla Sorna. Each game may be different.

I have to thank you Yangchuanosaurus user for your advice. I completed the Jurassic challenge of Isla Sorna in 7 hours following all the steps you published.

1.-Hotels and buildings of food, drink, fun next to the entrance and ZERO viewing galleries: 5 stars of facilities at all times.

2. Diplodocus and Troodons all the time, everywhere. The rest of species only needed to reach 26 variety.

About the space on the island I have plenty left. Is incredible.

I'm not a big fan of Jurassic difficulty in challenge mode, in fact, I do not like anything. However without working too much I have already completed Pena, Sorna and Norte de Nublar. I think that only Sanctuary remains as the most complicated to have a dinosaur score of 12500, the highest of all. Matanceros, Muerta and Tacaño seem very easy after completing two islands as difficult as Sorna and Nublar north.

I have to thank you Yangchuanosaurus user for your advice. I completed the Jurassic challenge of Isla Sorna in 7 hours following all the steps you published.

1.-Hotels and buildings of food, drink, fun next to the entrance and ZERO viewing galleries: 5 stars of facilities at all times.

2. Diplodocus and Troodons all the time, everywhere. The rest of species only needed to reach 26 variety.

About the space on the island I have plenty left. Is incredible.

I'm not a big fan of Jurassic difficulty in challenge mode, in fact, I do not like anything. However without working too much I have already completed Pena, Sorna and Norte de Nublar. I think that only Sanctuary remains as the most complicated to have a dinosaur score of 12500, the highest of all. Matanceros, Muerta and Tacaño seem very easy after completing two islands as difficult as Sorna and Nublar north.
I'm glad that this was helpful to you ;).

I finally found some time to complete Jurassic Difficulty Sanctuary. I took me 4 hours 30 minutes to achieve 5 star rating.
Jurassic Difficulty Sanctuary Par Time.jpg

In order to do that you need to have 22 species that are worth 12500 points. This time I took a photo of map of the park that I have built. As I mentioned before, all of the buildings need to be situated nearby the Arrival Point (I used only 1 Viewing Gallery, 3 Hotels, 3 Gift Shops and 3 Fast Food). Other buildings are: Storm Defence Station, Emergency Shelter, 3 Small Power Station, 2 Medium Power Station, hatcheries and the operational buildings. As always 1 hatchery is connected to 4 pens. I ended up having 135 Troodons! You may be wondering why I have built these small enclosures away from the main park in the upper right corner of the photo. These ”boxes” are the lures for twisters. I save the game always when the storm begins. When the hurricane spawns in the place that is not convinient for me at all I just reload the game and wait for it to spawn at the other corner of the map. This allows me to focus on playing during the tornado. There’s also a bug – if you save the game before the light storm and then reload the save, the storm will not cause any damage to your buildings and it will last shorter. I hope that this has been helpful. I apologise for the quality of the photos.
Jurassic Difficulty Sanctuary Map.jpg

Good luck ;).

Top Bottom