Deleted member 226174
IntroductionHello everyone! I want to share with you my tips to complete the Jurassic Difficulty level. The agenda that I have prepared concerns Isla Sorna (which is my favourite map), the tactics to complete this level on other maps will be slightly different. Easy and Medium Difficulty levels would also have different tactics (for instance, I start to excavate the Ceratosaurus fossils instead of Struthiomimus fossils). This tips can also be applied for Hard Difficulty on Isla Sorna. Later I have prepared the ganeral tips for other islands. Before playing challenge mode on Jurassuc Difficulty level I highly recommend to watch DineOnNikes playthrough on YouTube.
Isla Sorna: Jurassic Difficulty; General Tips
- At the beginning of the game you already have Spinosaur and 3 herds of Stegosaurs on your island. First thing you want to do is to make sure that Spinosaur won’t kill any of the Stegosaurs. That’s why I think it is necessary to enclose the Spine Lizard. You need to build the fence around it and make sure that it is comfortable. Next you have to build the buildings in the following order: Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre and Research Centre. All of the buildings need to be situated in the largest part of the Island (by largest part of the Island I mean the area where the Spinosaur is roaming when you start). Then you need to connect these buildings using paths to the Arrival Point.
- In order to reach your first star on Isla Sorna you don’t need to do very much actually! After enclosing the Spinosaur and building the necessary buildings all you have to do is to build Fast-Food and Gift Shop next to the Arrival Point and done.
- After completing those two points I relocate the Stegosaurs. I build the fence around the group that lives close to the Arrival Point. Then when my cash is pretty good I usually build the ACU Centre and start to tranquillise the group that I saved from Spinosaur (in the biggest part of the island). I move 3 members of this herd to the first pen and the last 2 to the other part of the island where they can graze with their family. Stegosaurs tolerate 9 animals of their kind (there’s already 6 in the first pen). Having 9 Stegosaurs in the same enclosure allows me to complete contracts where I have to take photo of dinosaurs fighting. I don’t build the enclosure for second group of Stegosaurs, because they live away from the guests. I often use terms like: part of the island close to the Arrival Point, biggest part of the island and third part of the island. The part close to the Arrival Point is place where originally there are 6 Stegosaurs, all Hotels should be situated here as well as all shops at a later time. The biggest part of the island is place where originally there is a wild Spinosaur and 5 Stegosaurs. The third part of the island is originally inhabited by only 5 Stegosaurs.
- The storms are probably one of the most annoying things that you have to deal with on Jurassic Difficulty Mode (the second are diseases). But you can easly cope with them. There are two types of storms: ordinary ones and tornados. You need to listen carefully because you can get the alert in the game, before the storm hits, that says: ”Ladies and gentlemen, please be advised that the weather forecast has been updated, storm warning level has been raised”. You get notification only before tornado in the upper right corner. Remember to save the game before every storm. When you do something wrong during the ordinary storm you can easily reload the save and the storm after reloading will last shorter and probably won’t cause any damage to your buildings. The tornados are a little bit trickier because they will devastate everything what’s on their way. In order to avoid that I build few little pens (usually away from all the other infrastucture or at the end of the island) in the thirt part of Isla Sorna (that’s where the second herd of the Stegosaurs is wandering around). Those little pens work as lures for the tornado. If the tornado spawns in the place that is not appropriate for me I also reload the game to make the tornado (actually the AI) to spawn in place where those little pens are situated. However it is not always working, sometimes I have to reload the game up to few times when I finally get the tornado in the place that will suit me the most. It is convenient because I can focus on research or fossil extraction during the most severe weather conditions.
- You don’t have to worry about illnesses at the beginning of the game. The first animal that will get sick is the poor Spinosaur. The animal will get Common Cold, so you don’t have to start researching the cures immediately (remember that this rule applies only to Isla Sorna, on other islands you would probably start with Struthiomimus, which is extremely susceptible to Common Cold virus). You can check what diseases your dinosaurs are susceptible to in their imformation panel.
- Animals can get sick at any time. It is worth to have one Ranger Station with 3 Jeeps (each costs 200,000$). When the animal gets sick I usually send all 3 Rangers to cure this animal. The viruses spread really fast and you will have to deal with the sickness approximately every 25 minutes (similarly to storms). That’s why it is so important to complete the challenge as fast as possible, unless you play for fun and you want your park to look beautiful.
- On Isla Sorna you will need to have 6 Hotels (less than on Isla Nublar where you need 7 of them, on Isla Matanceros you will need 2, on Isla Muerta 4, on Isla Tacano 5, on Isla Pena 2, on Muerta East 3 and on Tacano Research Facility 1). The amenities I used during my game are: Fast-Food, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Clothes Shop, Arcade. Try to situate all of the Hotels relatively closely to the Arrival Point, thanks to that you will not have to research the Monorail (which costs 1,000,000$ by the way) and still achieve 100% rating for transport (which does count after update). That rule is working on all of the islands with the exception of Isla Pena where it is impossible to situated all the buildings close to the Arrival Point, that’s why it is the only island where you will need Monorail.
- I only built one Viewing Gallery and placed it nearby the first pen (with 9 Stegosaurs and other herbivores). I deactivated it. You don’t need to have any dinosaur visibility in order to achieve five star for the Facility Rating. I often get the contracts that said ”Achieve 10% of dinosaur visibility”, that’s why I activated it only when I wanted to completed this type of contracts and deactivated it to receive another ”visibility” contract. It’s easy way to get money. The primary function of Viewing Galleries is to focus people in certain places (that's why it is important to place amenities nearby them and make sure that they are not very far from the Arrival Point), the same rule is applicable to the Hotels. It is impossible to achieve good Facility Rating without a Hotel or a Viewing Gallery, even if there is a lot of dinosaurs in the park.
- Remember to get pretty good coverage of protection against the storms during the game.
- Move some of the herbivores into the third part of the island. For instance, you can move only one Tsintaosaur to the place where the Stegosaur herd is wandering around. It will lose it’s comfort because of the loneliness, but it’s health will be at 100% because it will have access to food and water. The dinosaurs that I moved there are: Tsintaosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stygimoloch and Torosaurus. They will be uncomfortable but healthy and they will live away from the guests. The Welfare Penalty applies only for dinosaur health and not for their comfort.
- You don’t have to worry about modifications. I used only the dinosaurs with their basic rating. It works a lot faster than with the modifications and you don’t have to waste money on genetic research, however you would end up having over 100 Troodons with this method.
- The Hammond Foundation Fee takes approximately 75% of your income. The Hammond Foundation Fee takes money mainly from Ticket Sales. It takes less money from shops, however it doesn’t take any money from Division Buildings (Innovation Centre, Science Centre, Security Centre). I think you shouldn’t spare your money on researching them (each takes 250,000$ to research and they cost 750,000 – 1,500,000$ to purchase them). My highest profit on Isla Sorna was approximately 325,000$. You can gain money in various ways. The first way is to research Dig Yield, apply it to the Expedition Centre and sell valuable minerals. Second way is to constantly get rid of bad contracts and complete easy ones during your whole game. Third way is to select the most expensive items in every shop and double the price. Another way is to take photos. I think these techniques would work very well. I also resupplied the feedres regularly, this means I send my Rangers to refill the Carnivore Feeder at the lowest price (80,000$) instead of waiting for complete void (200,000$). However I refilled the Herbivore Feeders when I was forced to do so (they cost 100,000$).
- The Welfare Penalty is another trouble you have to deal with. This involves Troodons in particular. They would try to escape from Ceratosaurs. It is important to create 3 separate ponds in their enclosure and place 2 Carnivore Feeders away from each other. After introducing the herding mechanic Ceratosaurs usually stay together in one corner of the paddock. This would give the opportunity for the Troodons to eat and drink at the other corner of the enclosure. I always use Ranger Teams to restore the health of the Troodons.
- Extraction Speed (apllied three times)
- Dig Yield (applied three times)
- Additional Dig Team
- Additional Research Team (from that point you get two research teams, this will allow you to research two items at once and be a lot faster, although I don’t recommend to research third Research Team)
- Troodon and Extraction Speed
- Hatchery Capacity and Electrified Heavy Steal Fence
- Improved Output 1.0 and Outage Protection 1.0
- Improved Output 2.0 and Outage Protection 2.0
- Medium Power Station and Storm Defence Station
- Available Medical Treatment
- Dinosaurs: Dracorex, Styracosaurus, Crichtonsaurus, Sinoceratops, Baryonyx, Archaeornithomimus, Stygimoloch, Nodosaurus
- Third Dig Team
- Medical Treatment, although I skipped the Foot and Mouth Disease and last four of them
- Ranger Team Scheduling
- Buildings: Restaurant, Clothes Shop, Arcade
Isla Sorna: Jurassic Difficulty; Dinosaur ChoicesIn order to complete Jurassic Difficulty level on Isla Sorna, you will need to have 26 species of dinosaurs in your park and reach 11000 Dinosaur Rating. Fortunately, on Isla Sorna there are already three herds of Stegosaurs as well as the Spinosaur. The 16 Stegosaurs will give you already 816 Dinosaur Rating (51 Dinosaur Rating each) and Spinosaur is worth 240 Dinosaur Rating. That’s 1056 points, however the Variety Penalty is already there. The most cost efficient dinosaur in the game is the agile Troodon, you can put 16 dinosaurs of this species in one enclosure and they will be content (if you don’t own The Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC you can use Dilophosaurs instead). The Troodon will be availablle for you to unlock after reaching the one star rating for your park (it costs 150,000$ to research). However, the first dig site you should send your expedition team is Dinosaur Park Formation, you will unlock 83% genome of Struthiomimus. When you completed your excavation there you should immediately go to Lance Formation. All this should be done before you unlock the Troodon in Research Centre (I described the research priorities in another chapter). Both sites should give you valuable minerals to sell. I used a lot of Troodons during my game, only 12 Dilophosaurs, 9 Ceratosaurs and one or two dinosaurs of each kind (according to their social requirement). The first pen of mine was not connected to the Hammond Creation Laboratory, it was situated in the area close to the Arrival Point and it contained: 9 Stegosaurs (I moved 3 Stegosaurs to this pen from the wild), 1 Huayangosaur, 2 Chungkingosaurs, 1 Edmontosaur and 2 Corythosaurs. Another four pens that I have created were actually connected to the Hatchery and were situated in the biggest part of the Island. These are all carnivore enclosures. Pen numer 2 (similarly to numer 3 and 4) contained of 16 Troodons (1008 Dinosaur Rating) and 3 Ceratosaurs (306 Dinosaur Rating). 5th pen was the home of the Spinosaur, that I moved from the previously temporary exhibit, as well as 12 Dilophosaurs (828 Dinosaur Rating). Meanwhile I have built two cages that were not connected to any Hatchery (I used ACU Helicopter to move the dinosaurs there). Pen numer 6 contained the following herbivores: 1 Triceratops, 2 Sinoceratopses, 2 Styracosaurs, 2 Dracorexes, 1 Struthiomimus, 1 Gallimimus and 1 Archaeornithomimus. The 7th pen was home for armored dinosaurs: 1 Ankylosaur, 1 Crichtonsaur, 1 Nodosaur and 1 Polacanthus. The second Hatchery was also connected to 4 paddocks. All those 4 paddocks contained 16 Troodons each. All those exhibits were placed in the biggest part of Isla Sorna (thanks to ”tornado lures” that I described in the previous chapter I was able to fit many buildings and exhibits close to each other). The last dinosaurs that I used were two carnivore species: Baryonyx and 3 Velociraptors. I released them when I realised thet I need only them to remove the Variety Penalty (although I incubated them slightly earlier). The last herbivores are: 1 Tsintaosaur, 1 Parasaurolophus, 1 Stygimoloch and 1 Torosaur. After releasing all of them I moved them to the third part of the Island to the herd of Stegosaurs. That’s how I achieved 11000 points.
The list of the dinosaurs and their rating:
- Spinosaurus 240
- Stegosaurus 51 (16 times 51 equals 816)
- Struthiomimus - 9
- Edmontosaurus - 23
- Triceratops - 39
- Huayangosaurus - 38
- Corythosaurus - 27 (2 times 27 equals 54)
- Dracorex – 32 (2 times 32 equals 64)
- Styracosaurus - 41 (2 times 41 equals 82)
- Ankylosaurus - 60
- Crichtonsaurus - 57
- Sinoceratops - 42 (2 times 42 equals 84)
- Chungkingosaurus - 42 (2 times 42 equals 84)
- Archaeornithomimus - 17
- Gallimimus - 12
- Nodosaurus - 63 (I did not have complete genome)
- Polacanthosaurus – 65 (I did not have complete genome)
- Troodon - 63 (112 times 63 equals 7057, although I probably used less than that)
- Ceratosaurus - 102 (9 times 102 equals 918)
- Dilophosaurus - 69 (12 times 69 equals 828)
- Velociraptor - 74 (3 times 74 equals 222)
- Baryonyx - 137
- Tsintaosaurus - 33
- Parasaurolophus - 36 (I only manager to extract 61% DNA from Nemegt Formation)
- Stygimoloch – 36 (I did not have comlete genome)
- Torosaurus – 47 (I did not have complete genome)
Jurassic Difficulty on Other IslandsThe tactic will be similar in the middle as well as at the end of the game, the only difference is the start. You won’t have any dinosaurs on the other islands, so you have to start working as fast as possile. I have managed to achieve the first star on Isla Nublar in 28 minutes. Isla Nublar is the only island where the Arid Pattern is unlocked for you from the start, but I only used it when I had to complete contracts where I had to release dinosaur with rating which is higher than the basic rating. In this case the cosmetic gene is very useful, however you don’t need it for the rest of your game.
List on how to achieve one star on Jurassic Difficulty level on other islands:
1. Build Small Power Station, Expedition Centre, Fossil Centre; you don’t have to build Research Centre at the beginning, because the only item that you will need is the Extraction Speed (which you should apply three times immediately after researching it), usually during the initial phase of the game you will be forced to build it anyway.
2. Immediately send your Expedition Team to Dinosaur Park Formation where you will get 83% of Struthiomimus genome, when this site will be depleted you should start to excavate the Huayangosaurus fossils in China. When you would have 100% of it’s genome your next goal should be Lance Formation in order to complete Struthiomimus genome and to gain access to other herbivoers.
3. Release the Struthiomimus every time when you get a contract telling you to do so, however when the Huayangosaurus genome will be at a 100% you shoud try to breed as many Huayangosaurs as possible. In order to achieve one star you will have to earn approximately 150 - 170 points of Dinosaur Rating and your Facility Rating should have five stars.
4. Reject unwanted contracts. Try to complete as many contracts as you can.
5. Before reaching the second star you need to have one Hotel (only on Isla Nublar), Fast-Food and Gift Shop, it is worth to have Ranger Station as well, because Struthiomimus is very susceptible to Common Cold.
6. When you complete your first star your priority should be the research of Dig Yield (which you should apply three times after completing this research), then Dig Team Bravo, Research Team Bravo, Troodon and Research Speed.
Dig SitesThe list of Dig Sites that you should prioritise while sending Expedition Teams:
- Dinosaur Park Formation
- Lance Formation (only on Isla Sorna), Ziliujing Formation (on every other island and after that the Lance Formation)
- Once you unlock the Troodon you should immediately go back to Dinosaur Park Formation as well as Judith River Formation and Prince Creek Formation
- All of the dig sites with dinosaurs that are availeble till second star in North America (Ankylosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Corythosaurus, Dracorex, Triceratops, Styracosaurus)
- Lourinhã Formation
- All dig sites from Asia
- Europe (Baryonyx and Polacanthus fossils)
- North America (Nodosaurus, Torosaurus, Stygimoloch)
Here are my Jurassic Difficulty records:
Last edited by a moderator: