To Boldly Go

Installed by default, you already have it. It takes up no slot. Assign it to a fire group in right panel. This was changed in 2018 so be careful when reading older sources like when the ADS was a module.

Last edited:
I'm getting a 522 error from that site, so I'll just type it out:

Hardpoints (Plan to remove them but I'm keeping them just because I might get attacked while still in the bubble):

2 1F Pulse Lasers

Utility Mounts:

None

Core Internal:

1C Lightweight Alloys

4A Powerplant

4E Thrusters

5E FSD (Getting a 5A soon)

3E Life Support

4E Power Distributor

3E Sensors

5C Fuel Tank (CAP: 32)

Optional Internal:

4E Shield Generator

3E Cargo Rack (CAP: 8)

2E Cargo Rack (CAP: 4)

Detailed Surface Scanner

2A Fuel Scoop (I'll probably move this to a higher spot)

2C Fuel Tank (CAP: 4)

1E Supercruise Assist

1E Advanced Docking Computer

1I Planetary Approach Suite

With a bigger scoop you wont need extra tanks A rate the Fsd D rate evry thing else the easiest way to see this is on the coriolis link

The Road to Riches link is your training start to use the exploration tools I earnt over 100m with my Cobra 111 and that gave me my Krait 11, 3 weeks after starting which is still my main ship

No cargo racks needed just patience ;)

Two small pulse lasers won't even make your opponent angry :) - ditch them.
Yes, get rid of the E rated stuff and replace with D. And definitely get a bigger fuel scoop. Also, you don't need that additional fuel tank - that one gives you just 10% (ok, a bit more) of your main tank. But you might scale down the shields - the DBX as explorer does fine with a 3D or 3C shield, the size 4 shields are good if you use it as a fighter.
With a 4A fuel scoop (expensive) and 3C shields, 5A FSD and D rate everything else, you can run a 2A power plant and save some mass.

When Coriolis works again (works for me right now, but I've read other people having problems, too), here would be a link.

How do I use the detailed surface scanner to get 100% of the surface? I've been at one planet for upwards of 20 minutes trying to get all 100% but I'm stuck at 71%

The probes to hit the far side have to be launched further to tha side so they loop round to see the back of the planet try what ever button is "Target" it will show you the "far side"

You cant move but if you come out of DSS and move then re-enter the scan will begin where you left off in terms of % scanned

Top Bottom