To Solo Play Players: If You Could Disable PVP, Would You Play in Open Play Mode Instead?

Likewise someone who obsessively attacks you for multiple times? What fun I do get from said player? Why should I continue to interact with said player? And why onus would be on me, if I block him for good?
What I grasp from Morbad's posts is that 2 wings of PVPers try to have a fight, one or more from Wing A had blocked 1 or more from Wing B. This creates problems but isn't likely to be something that a trader, explorer or miner is going to encounter.

...or preemptively blocks you for being on some online list?

and how often are "innocent" players on those lists?

1 of 10?
1 of 100?
1 of 1000?

But lets go down your route, but we remvoes all PvP from the game, and then we start the arguments from there. We already know from frontiers OWN statements that the majority of players do not like PvP, and thus do not engage in it. so why should such feature have so big impact on so many player,s that you feel that we need to force this gameplay onto the majority of players, for the amusement of the few?

and how often are "innocent" players on those lists?

1 of 10?
1 of 100?
1 of 1000?

But lets go down your route, but we remvoes all PvP from the game, and then we start the arguments from there. We already know from frontiers OWN statements that the majority of players do not like PvP, and thus do not engage in it. so why should such feature have so big impact on so many player,s that you feel that we need to force this gameplay onto the majority of players, for the amusement of the few?
I don't want to force PvP on anyone, but I don't want it arbitrarily removed from my game at the whims of others.

Only that one needed to learn how to destroy them if one wanted to destroy them.
So what? That's exactly how it works with every single sentence with the word 'need' in it.

Only that one needs to learn how to destroy NPCs who wants to destroy them.
Only that one needs to learn how to mine efficiently who wants to make the best profit.
Only that one needs to eat who wants to avoid starving to death.
And only that one needs to learn how to survive in Open who wants to experience an open world environment without getting shot down.

If the condition in the second part of each of the sentences above is false then sure, there is no 'need'.
Which makes everything in the world "optional". Including eating.

make up your mind, becuase the most likely reasopns players end up getting blocked, is bercuase they wanted to force PvP on other players.
You still don't seem to grasp that blocking has a wider effect than "Misty Dark blocks Bigmaec because he tried to gank him".

We had tons of threads on this years ago

Suggestions included optionally selecting CMDR and hollow icons being displayed.

What we currently have is what FD has decided and clung to.

It ain't gonna change.

Solo and PG if you don't want any possibility of getting ganked.

Open is player choice

Probably the right call - you can avoid ganking pretty easily. Just stay away from the hot spots.

It's very simple. You honest PvPers should just make sure that there is only reasonable PvP in the game. Get rid of all the gankers, pad blockers etc.
I suppose the majority of players have no problem with PvP in Open when it is limited to player piracy, CZ, PP and CGs where is a reproducible reason to attack or stop someone. The annoying thing are gankers that booom others just to show their gear supremacy and disturb others gameplay.

I repeat it all 20 pages:
There is no reason to blow someone up while he visited the earth in sol just to see it. No problem with anti-slavers that attack me while I am flying for Torval in a CG.

You still don't seem to grasp that blocking has a wider effect than "Misty Dark blocks Bigmaec because he tried to gank him".

I do get that, but how big of an issue is this really? most of teh times the examples are pretty convoluted... so we get back to the other statement, do not want to force PvP onto others... make up your mind.

It's very simple. You honest PvPers should just make sure that there is only reasonable PvP in the game. Get rid of all the gankers, pad blockers etc.
I suppose the majority of players have no problem with PvP in Open when it is limited to player piracy, CZ, PP and CGs where is a reproducible reason to attack or stop someone. The annoying thing are gankers that booom others just to show their gear supremacy and disturb others gameplay.

I repeat it all 20 pages:
There is no reason to blow someone up while he visited the earth in sol just to see it. No problem with anti-slavers that attack me while I am flying for Torval in a CG.
How? ? ?

Block works both sides, the gankers just block all the enforcers.
Powerplay players just block their opposition,
BGS players block enemy factions,
Explorers block everyone with an interdictor etc etc.

For a MMO environment this is absurd.
A real open PVP environment should dismantle the block,
and for heavens sake if you absolutely need an open PvE mode for this, so be it 🤷‍♂️

How? ? ?

and for heavens sake if you absolutely need an open PvE mode for this, so be it 🤷‍♂️

Agree

I play in Open

Never block anyone

Never get ganked

You have to look for it if you want to get interdicted by going to high profile systems or events.

Easy to avoid by just staying away from or switching out of Open

I just don't feel the burn on this issue...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator

Functionally no different from playing in a different mode.
Indeed - however this isn't are "real Open PvP game" - it's a game where players in all three game modes affect the mode shared galaxy and where PvP is an optional extra.
.... which would still affect the mode shared game features in the galaxy we all share.

Unless, of course, Frontier were to choose to create a duplicate galaxy for the Open only proponents to call their own, only able to be affected from a new Open only game mode (with no ability to move between the two galaxies as that would be trivially exploitable as the galaxies inevitably diverged).

You honest PvPers should just make sure that there is only reasonable PvP in the game. Get rid of all the gankers, pad blockers etc.
Okay, okay, probably it's gonna be relatively easy with gankers, as long as I'm actually better than the ganker in question and you can convince them to stay in the instance after shield drop so that I can finish them off.

But what do you think I'm supposed to do with pad blockers? FYI, ships are invulnerable while sitting on the landing pad. Maybe I could wait patiently until they've taken off and hunt them down one by one later, but then they would all come to the forums to whine about how an evil ganker (me) shot them down for no reason. Pad blockers are not typically PvPers you know, they are way more likely to belong to your kind. :)

Top Bottom