To the explorers of elite

Good morning fellow Cmdrs, I feel I have achieved all I can in the bubble. I've been playing the game since release and am now struggling to know what to do that interests me. Now one thing that I've always enjoyed is exploration I've got a nice engineered diamondback ex with a 51 ly jump range and also an asp x with 45ly range gathering dust amongst my fleet. I'm going to get the power wash and wax out, clean one off, and head into the black. Now my question is where do I go? I've been to colonia so somewhere else would be great, I'm looking for some inspiration😉 Oh and some screenies of your favourite spots too to give me the kick I need to head off into the black.

Fly safe fellow Cmdrs.

Cmdr Pol Jack.

Good morning fellow Cmdrs, I feel I have achieved all I can in the bubble. I've been playing the game since release and am now struggling to know what to do that interests me. Now one thing that I've always enjoyed is exploration I've got a nice engineered diamondback ex with a 51 ly jump range and also an asp x with 45ly range gathering dust amongst my fleet. I'm going to get the power wash and wax out, clean one off, and head into the black. Now my question is where do I go? I've been to colonia so somewhere else would be great, I'm looking for some inspiration�� Oh and some screenies of your favourite spots too to give me the kick I need to head off into the black.

Fly safe fellow Cmdrs.

Cmdr Pol Jack.

Roll together your own personal expedition. Back in November I decided to go looking for Cassiopeia A ... which unfortunately doesn't exist (yet) in Elite: Dangerous. My suggestion is to do some light reading of real-world astronomy and then pick a target inside the Milky Way. See if you can locate it or if it simply doesn't exist. You might even try to get others involved. Take a look at "The Cassiopeia Project" in my signature for an example.

Sag A* is a nice trip. I got my Elite status a couple of years ago going there & back.

Jaques station Iv done at least 12 times, in various ships by various methods, but Im done with that region now!

I went to Beagle Point in last years' DWE & I'm currently on my way back there now.

If you enjoy being out in the black then set yourself your own mission or follow where others have headed to. It's your choice, there's a lot of places to visit out there!

When I started exploring I set out to find Farpoint (where a certain Enterprise crew had an encounter). Star Trek cannon says it's on Deneb IV and I went looking. It's not there :(

Think of a star or planet in your favourite sci-fi and try to find if it is there or not :)

Last edited:
I just picked a direction and went for it, been out in the black for the past 3 weeks.

Of course I always head to Thor's eye to start my exploring, partly because its a nice area, but mostly because thats where I pick up the space unicorns that help me keep sane during my long trips all alone ;)

Still... if you're not driven mad by the long hours of the trip to Sgr A star, just listening to the supermassive black hole sing to you for a couple of hours means you will be. * :eek:

Bill, currently lost on the easten side of the core.....

*I spent 3 days there listening to it sing to me [wacko]

Of course I always head to Thor's eye to start my exploring, partly because its a nice area, but mostly because thats where I pick up the space unicorns that help me keep sane during my long trips all alone ;)

Damn it Bill! The unicorns were supposed to be a secret. Now everybody will have one.

When I started exploring I set out to find Farpoint (where a certain Enterprise crew had an encounter). Star Trek cannon says it's on Deneb IV and I went looking. It's not there :(

Think of a star or planet in your favourite sci-fi and try to find if it is there or not :)

Epsilon Eridani (home system of Babylon 5) is a good one. If you get bored of all the jumping required getting there, then you'll know exploring is not for you.

Mic Turner Base
California Sector BA-A E6

Mahon Research Base
HIP 18077

Redmarch Research Facility
California Sector JH-V c2-12

Asteroid Base: Darwin Research Facility
California Sector BV-Y c7

Alliance Base from the May 3303 CG
California Sector HR-W d1-28

29227x8454.jpg

28610x5927.jpg

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/324404-Secrets-of-the-Alliance-Research-Base

You're first place to go would be the exploration forum.

A huge wealth of info, and gigantic organized lists of POIs in there.

Last edited:
i work down my list of real galaxy super- and hypergiants and visit nebulas on the way... Phi Cassiopeiae, Theta Muscae, V4641 Sagittarii all make good targets.

Now my question is where do I go? I've been to colonia so somewhere else would be great, I'm looking for some inspiration😉 Oh and some screenies of your favourite spots too to give me the kick I need to head off into the black.

As you may allready know, most of the galaxy is still unexplored, including (until now) a planetary nebula that I came across before I docked at colonia just to sell data:

Xvr0ieX.png

MXqNzcA.png

It's always a big surprise when you think, someone probably came before me and then discover that you are the first in such a tourist spot

Top Bottom