Modes Today's adventure in Open.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I decided it was time to see if I can use frag' cannons on my Cobra.

So I flew off to an anarchy system and was immediately faced with a notorious pilot, today found flying a Clipper.

Knowing that would be a battle I could not win, I immediately ordered A.L.I.X. to find a new system to make an emergency jump to, and engaged yellow alert.

twenty seconds later I was in hyperspace.

That was a tense moment. The Clipper was turning his nose towards me the whole time so I'm pretty sure I know what his intentions were.

Now what do we learn from this? Simple. Entry into a system is not automatic death if you know how to fly smart. Not a good fighter like me? Master the art of evasion. Trust me, it's much easier than brawling. [cool]

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Though, you may want to elaborate about "ordered A.L.I.X. to find a new system".
Is that Frontiers COVAS or the HCS one?
If HCS, I take it you are using voice attack to automate things?
So any suggestions on how you've set that up.

Deleted member 110222

D
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Though, you may want to elaborate about "ordered A.L.I.X. to find a new system".
Is that Frontiers COVAS or the HCS one?
If HCS, I take it you are using voice attack to automate things?
So any suggestions on how you've set that up.

Yeah, HCS. Picked up A.L.I.X. on Black Friday and she's been a great addition. I also use her COVAS. Great fun!

I don't know; the youngsters of today: Back in the day, we wern't running from Clippers in our Cobras. We ate them for supper.

[video=youtube;-0IUeXiYdBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0IUeXiYdBc[/video]

About 24 minutes in; the hint is in the title of the clip.

I decided it was time to see if I can use frag' cannons on my Cobra.

So I flew off to an anarchy system and was immediately faced with a notorious pilot, today found flying a Clipper.

Knowing that would be a battle I could not win, I immediately ordered A.L.I.X. to find a new system to make an emergency jump to, and engaged yellow alert.

twenty seconds later I was in hyperspace.

That was a tense moment. The Clipper was turning his nose towards me the whole time so I'm pretty sure I know what his intentions were.

Now what do we learn from this? Simple. Entry into a system is not automatic death if you know how to fly smart. Not a good fighter like me? Master the art of evasion. Trust me, it's much easier than brawling. [cool]
A nice tale to brighten the day.

Deleted member 110222

D
I don't know; the youngsters of today: Back in the day, we wern't running from Clippers in our Cobras. We ate them for supper.

About 24 minutes in; the hint is in the title of the clip.

Yeah but to be fair, I'm rubbish in battle!

Yeah but to be fair, I'm rubbish in battle!
In my Cobra III, I just go for it. That was a long time ago, back in the day when I was running with 4 small beams and thought it was wonderful. No module targeting and more. My Ranking was about Competent then, it is only half way through master now.

"Notorious pilot"? I thought you mean a human player while all answers here seem to suggest NPC encounters, especially the video of Arry. I'm confused, what's the message here? That you can't fight NPCs in a Cobra MkIII? That would be evidentially wrong, as even a mediocre combat pilot like me could prove you any time.
Rainbow farts, was sharing just a tale, for the pleasure of the listener and of course; that flight, is just as much as a part of the game; As to fight.

Deleted member 110222

D
"Notorious pilot"? I thought you mean a human player while all answers here seem to suggest NPC encounters, especially the video of Arry. I'm confused, what's the message here? That you can't fight NPCs in a Cobra MkIII? That would be evidentially wrong, as even a mediocre combat pilot like me could prove you any time.

It was a human pilot that I can't name per forum rules, that I chose to steer clear off before he even had a chance to line up interdiction.

Top Bottom