Too many wing missions, not enough solo

Frontier i love your game, have for years, i rarely ever complain about anything...

But...

Can we either move wing missions to their own tab like passenger missions or at the very least put a cap on how many wing missions spawn? Rng spawns mostly wing missions now. Some places rarely ever have solo missions right now. I used to be a hauler who made good money. Now i only get offered missions involving ten times as much cargo that are paying what i used to be getting in solo missions.

Im at a station right now that has 16 missions. 10 are deliveries. NONE are solo missions. Thats rediculous. I feel punished for not having friends that play. Ive been happy soloing missions forever.

Im glad that Wing missions have been added. It was something the game needed. But in almost total replacement of solo missions? Really? It has effectively killed my productivity as i cant even find a place with good paying consistent solo missions.

Im not doing 10 trips to complete a mission solo for less than i used to make in solo missions.

Please PLEASE balance this out more so us happy to play solo players dont feel totally screwed!

It would be cool to have a tab for wing missions and solo mission, but to many? I disagree, I love the wing missions and wish I had more

Thopor maybe it just matters what area youre in. The system ive called home for a year now rarely generates a single solo mission, and when it does its a one off and when i return there isnt another one to take.

I’ve been looking for higher paying missions and a challenge. The wing missions doing Solo offer me just that! Frankly they could be harder and more of a payout, the game has been easy for some time. If you ever need or want a wing look me up. I’m on Xbox Cmdr Thopor

So far, since the update, I have been flying, almost exclusively, wing missions (by myself). The reason is, as described, there seem to be a lot less solo missions.

Frontier i love your game, have for years, i rarely ever complain about anything...

But...

Can we either move wing missions to their own tab like passenger missions or at the very least put a cap on how many wing missions spawn? Rng spawns mostly wing missions now. Some places rarely ever have solo missions right now. I used to be a hauler who made good money. Now i only get offered missions involving ten times as much cargo that are paying what i used to be getting in solo missions.

Im at a station right now that has 16 missions. 10 are deliveries. NONE are solo missions. Thats rediculous. I feel punished for not having friends that play. Ive been happy soloing missions forever.

Im glad that Wing missions have been added. It was something the game needed. But in almost total replacement of solo missions? Really? It has effectively killed my productivity as i cant even find a place with good paying consistent solo missions.

Im not doing 10 trips to complete a mission solo for less than i used to make in solo missions.

Please PLEASE balance this out more so us happy to play solo players dont feel totally screwed!

Agreed and improve the payout for solo

Frankly, as a trader that does not wing up with others, this game has lost a lot of its appeal for me. I was playing today and realized that I wasn't having fun.

Yes, I know that you hear this a lot; however, that does not make it less true. The payouts have been degraded to the point that the game just isn't as much fun.

Frankly, as a trader that does not wing up with others, this game has lost a lot of its appeal for me. I was playing today and realized that I wasn't having fun.

Yes, I know that you hear this a lot; however, that does not make it less true. The payouts have been degraded to the point that the game just isn't as much fun.

I'm like you, only play solo.
FD seem want to force everyone into multiplayer.

I'm like you, only play solo.
FD seem want to force everyone into multiplayer.

Hang in there guys - there's enough noise about these craptastic mission offerings that I think they'll do something soon.

Hey Thopor send me a message on xlive. My gamertage is "Z aIN IDa 1R" those are capital i's not small L's. Or if you cant find me lemme know your gamertag and ill hit you up later when im on.

I agree. I dont think i have ever complained about anything in this game before but i find this unacceptable and kills a signifigant portion of the game for me. Im not giving up. Hoping Frontier hears these concerns. There is a way to do the Wing missions and make solo and Wing players both happy. Til they find it missions seem to be a no go for me. Which basically leaves bounty hunting in HazRES or combat in CZs, which is fun for a while. Not all the time tho imo. Sometimes i just wanna relax and fly some missions.

Yep same. Trying to support my faction by running some missions so I flew to 3 or 4 systems and flipped the boards a few times then just logged out because all the trade routes were wing missions. This blows.

Forget all of that.

Allow a CMDR to generate a board of missions based on selected criteria - and charge a fee to regenerate the board again (increasing as you do it more often in a period of time - say 30 mins).

Some criteria:

Wing/Solo
Combat/Trading/Mining/Exploration/Base Scanning/etc etc
Difficulty
Factions
Legal/Illegal
Space/Planetary
Cargo Reward/Material Reward
Distance to station/port from jump in
etc

Solve multiple problems at once

Last edited:
I, in no way, want them to remove Wing missions. Just want them implemented better and not in place of solo missions. Gives us solo players some options. Right now there arent any. The only place i found that gives good solo delivery missions is Sothis Mining in Sothis, which cannot be done in a Large ship bc its an Outpost, and its in the middle of nowhere. Still tho, its not the credits so much as the feeling like i have no choice but to take missions that will take me an hour to complete. Its unnecessary.

If anyone playing on Xbox would like to Wing up some time message me on Xlive. Gamertag is "Z aIN IDa 1R"
I fly mostly an AspX, Python, and i just got and A-rated an Imperial Cutter. I also have a Type-9 and a Vulture. I can play pretty much any style anyone wants. Lets just say im not a complete newb lol, so if anyone wants to Wing up lemme know.

Last edited:
I agree that there is not enough solo missions available. The new winged ones are cool but they should not be taking the place of solo missions. They should be placed besides them, meaning more missions and thus more variety.

24 missions at the station im currently at. 5 missions are non Wing missions. 2 are data deliveries, the other 3 are donations. This is just stupid...please Frontier fix this!

Last edited:
Top Bottom