Too MUCH to do. Problem is it isn't all going to be fun...

My own To-Do list might be... ambitious, but it’s something for me to do:

1. Circumnavigate the galactic rim.
2. Cross the galactic core from one point on the rim to another passing through Sag A*.
3. Gain Allied status with All factions and powers.

1 and 2 will begin once it’s not death-by-boredom to Explore.
3 is ongoing.

I like this thread, lots of good ideas I hadn't considered. I'm going to keep it in my list. [up]

And as far as those G5 mats go whenever I find my notoriety climbing (usually due to poor impulse control in REZ sites) I use this time as an opportunity to hunt for those HGEs.
Nothing much else to do for a couple of hours 'cept cruse around the fringe of a star system hunting for them, sometimes it can almost be a break from the more frantic stuff.

I even have a mate who offered to help with dumbfire cover so that is quite high on the list, thanks. :)

You don't need that help. All you need is to outfit your ship with a Point Defense module and park the ship (medium or small) close to the structure. The Point Defense modules 4000 amo will take out all the sentinel missiles for hours. I makes the guardian unlocking a ton easier!

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that was already mentioned.

Last edited:
Now days every time i open elite i close it after couple jumps or after stupid missions. There is no point to spend time on just playing non gameplay sc and traveling or try to play around the issues with missions.

Grinding isn't problem for me, trust me. Just doing anything in elite is just boring and every location looking 99.9% like any other location isn't helping.

I still enjoy running around in arma 2 dayz mod, in that you actively do something while traveling, in elite you don't.

Now days every time i open elite i close it after couple jumps or after stupid missions. There is no point to spend time on just playing non gameplay sc and traveling or try to play around the issues with missions.

Grinding isn't problem for me, trust me. Just doing anything in elite is just boring and every location looking 99.9% like any other location isn't helping.

I still enjoy running around in arma 2 dayz mod, in that you actively do something while traveling, in elite you don't.

I keep dozing off in supercruise and waking up at 1000C 60kls from where I was going. What's really funny about htat is that it's faster to jump to another system and back again than it is to turn around and doze off again. ;)

Must be getting old. :D

On a similar note, a commander returning to ED after a long absence is finding that there's a lot to see and do and also has an ever growing todo list. Writing up his adventures with a bit of roleplay seems to provide a good source of inspiration.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/450754-Kerenn-s-Ketchup

As for adding more suggestions to your list ... looks like you have enough to be getting on with for now! [haha]

Ha, and I just linked this thread in that one. :) Great minds and all that. :)

As for Guardian unlocks, you can zoom around in your SRV, make all the sentinels appear, then go back to your ship and use your ship-weaponry to wipe the sentinels out. Then redeploy the SRV and collect the materials.

As for Guardian unlocks, you can zoom around in your SRV, make all the sentinels appear, then go back to your ship and use your ship-weaponry to wipe the sentinels out. Then redeploy the SRV and collect the materials.

I occasionally do skimmer missions this way, too, good tip. :)

Actually, having caught up with this thread now there seem to be quite a lot of "grindy" goals on here (i.e. goals focused on the end rather than the journey).

So here's a few suggestions which are very much about the journey rather than the destination.

1) Go and put some Guardian tech' into the Thargoid machine and watch it go frickin' nuts!

n5MDCq6.png
Guide-to-seeing-the-Thargoid-Machine-go-"medieval"-on-Guardian-tech

2) Try to get a ship launched fighter inside a Thargoid structure.

Jq6WDOz.png
It-s-alright-I-can-laugh-about-it-now-(an-alien-base-adventure)

3) Try to get an SRV onto the back of a Thargoid flower ship.

[video=youtube_share;6CL2XH0RKd0]https://youtu.be/6CL2XH0RKd0[/video]
Attack-on-Penal-Colony-BV-2259-(SRV-vs-Thargoid)

4) Go base jumping!

[video=youtube_share;5Z2DAYAMFK4]https://youtu.be/5Z2DAYAMFK4[/video]
.. or ridge running ..

[video=youtube_share;6W-T4B1hJOU]https://youtu.be/6W-T4B1hJOU[/video]
A-guide-to-good-base-jumping-locations

5) Circumnavigate a planet in an SRV (this one's all the rage at the moment and will even get you an exclusive EDSM badge)

fQzU9b4.png
The-Planetary-Circumnavigation-Club

6) Take part in a Buckyball Race (alas we're between races at the moment but keep an eye out for new ones). Take a quick skim of the thread for the last one to see the sort of things we get up to and how much fun we have.

[video=youtube_share;_G9-1UKlQlc]https://youtu.be/_G9-1UKlQlc[/video]
The-Buckyball-Racing-Club-presents-Triangle-Triathlon-29th-Sept-to-8th-October-3304

After a three-month break, then an exploration run, I'm fully occupied with getting my game in shape for 3.3: piling up mats and credits to buy and engineer the cornucopia of goodies undoubtedly to come, getting allied with all the factions at several of the stations round LTT 9360 on the off-chance that the Smeaton run is still viable after the end of board-flipping, and checking out alternative sources of credits in the likely event that it isn't.

Still, I've book-marked this thread for a source of suggestions in case the above starts to pall; which, as the OP points out, is all too likely.

Google 'cosmic Spacehead eagle adventure' you say.... jumps on bike ta pop home for lunch and a bit of YT.......

edit..... Really did laff out loud :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom