Took a break, came back started having fun, sold main ship by mistake - drat :-(

Ah wow... I hadn't played for a week as I couldn't bear to have lost my ship.... I'd reached out to support and Frontier were amazing enough to reinstate my belovid ASP explorer.... wow thank you so much.

Thank you to you guys also for suggesting this.

A very happy Cmdr :)

FD Support is one of the greatest assets this game has.

They helped me out when I lost a whole bunch of engineered modules when my Corvette got crunched, can't even remember how that happened.

But they made me whole. It was at the time they had changed the re-buy interface and you needed to check off particular boxes. They revised the format to avoid that mistake soon after.

The interface to this is frankly bad. The option to sell should be separate from switch, or at least clearly labelled by a big red SELL button, and the option to use with a big green SWITCH SHIP button on the right. Not the first and not the last case of skimping on user experience designer, or a Dev thinking ux is easy and he can do it 🤪

Absolutely this. Every time I change a ship I do it VERY carefull and make double sure it's set to SWITCH and not to SELL. From the very firt time I saw that interface, I've been waiting for the first time I make the same mistake as the OP.

Kudos to FDev Support for reinstating the ship though.

Fly safe and good journeys, CMDR o7

Absolutely this. Every time I change a ship I do it VERY carefull and make double sure it's set to SWITCH and not to SELL. From the very firt time I saw that interface, I've been waiting for the first time I make the same mistake as the OP.

Kudos to FDev Support for reinstating the ship though.

Fly safe and good journeys, CMDR o7

I just don't know, why that option is even exactly THERE....there should be a different location to buy and sell ships, compared to a location where I deal with the general usage of my fleet....

I just don't know, why that option is even exactly THERE....there should be a different location to buy and sell ships, compared to a location where I deal with the general usage of my fleet....
Look at all the UI in ED and you'll see Braben is a minimalist(and he wanted to port to consoles in future, when game was being made...£££ $$$)

Well, they even added an "are you sure, you lose all modules yada yada AAAAAA!!!!" warning, in red.

It almost like accidentally booking a holiday to Siberia.

Last edited:
Ah wow... I hadn't played for a week as I couldn't bear to have lost my ship.... I'd reached out to support and Frontier were amazing enough to reinstate my belovid ASP explorer.... wow thank you so much.

Thank you to you guys also for suggesting this.

A very happy Cmdr :)
Yeah, I have the same problem, having clicked on "sell" rather than "transfer" for my beloved Krait Mk2 combat build yesterday :( pre-first coffee dramas! How quickly did FDev Support respond, as I logged an issue yesterday?

Support are the twinkling pearl nestling amidst the crusty shell of FD.
I know a player who has been miraculously resuscitated so many times (after submitting suitably lengthy and oleaginous pleas for mercy), that the last occurrence came with a stern reminder that it was to be the last.

Support tend to have a policy of "one free chance" where they'll resolve some kind of ship/module loss issue first time without much fuss.

It'd have to have more of a reason in future, but the first time you should be fine.

I sold my 1bil cutter by mistake once, because of the odyssey change in menu.
I put in a ticket and got it back the next day.

Top Bottom