[Tool] ED: System Importer - import all your old jumps into Elite for the galaxy map's new filter!

Awesome tool Drkaii, thankyou.
worked perfectly for me, 8412 stars imported from EDD, mostly from my trips around the formidine rift, gonna save me a lot of time plotting new discovery routes, you are de man!

Just tried this today as I didn't think I had ever 'turned on' net logs. I ended up finding a years worth on the PC so I did the import and had similar results to PEREGRINUS19.
10,558 imported, 31,892 duplicates. I'm assuming the net logs contain every jump which means if you've visited the same system 10 times it would count as 1 import and 9 duplicates. Is this correct?

Just tried this today as I didn't think I had ever 'turned on' net logs. I ended up finding a years worth on the PC so I did the import and had similar results to PEREGRINUS19.
10,558 imported, 31,892 duplicates. I'm assuming the net logs contain every jump which means if you've visited the same system 10 times it would count as 1 import and 9 duplicates. Is this correct?

Correct. Congratulations!

Just pointing out, if everyone who downloaded this app donated 25 pence, I would have made my usual coding salary for making it :D

If everyone donated £1, I'd become a full time elite app maker :D

I don't remember ever turning the netlogs on, but I have logs starting from Dec 17, 2015 to present. I made 2 trips to Beagle Point between then and now but neither Beagle Point nor any of the ELW systems that I've checked show as blue dot 'visited' systems. So although it added 10.5k systems for me, it doesn't seem to have included every system I visited during the span of the netlogs.

How do I uninstall this app?
I've run it once back then, it did it's job marvelously...but I want to get rid of the message in the top left, that keeps popping up each time I loggin.

"Dont like it" :D

Sry, my bad..I thought it was obvious which message.
I mean the one like in post#14.
How can I get rid of it...I mean, its the app thats doing that, right?

Control Panel/add-remove programs, is enough?

It is actually not the app, it is the game itself that is doing that. An external program or app can not inject messages into Elite Dangerous communications tab. My understanding of what has happened is this (may be wrong):
When you run the ED System Imported it creates a text file called ImportedStars.txt that contains all the visited stars that Elite Dangerous will import when logging in. I think this file will then be deleted or renamed by Elite Dangerous after it has successfully imported it. But somehow the file is not deleted or renamed for you so that is why you get the message every time you login. Every time you login the game will look for this file and if it exists it will import the stars in the file and message you the result of the import and since the file is not deleted it will do this every time you log in.

You can try to find the file ImportedStars.txt and manually rename it or delete it. It is not necessary to keep the file since the content has already been imported into your local copy of Elite Dangerous. It will not help to uninstall the ED System Importer program, it is the text file you must remove. For me the folder is %localappdata%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous and then in one of the subfolders. Check the youtube video in the first post in this thread and fast forward to around 2:25 to see how to find the folder and the file.

Note: Do NOT remove the file called VisitedStarsCache.dat that exists in the same folder as ImportedStars.txt. The VisitedStarsCache.dat is what the game uses to keep track of which stars you have visited.

I just found this thread thanks to a link from another. I have numerous verbose NetLog files from the 64bit* ED going back to February of last year, but they cover a period when I was switching between two different CMDRs. Is the utility smart enough to separate them or will I end up importing both CMDRs' activities into a single history? I did notice the individual CMDR names in some but not all of the logs, probably the later ones.

It won't be the end of the world if it can't distinguish between them; my second CMDR is mostly bubble only (a Palin unlock notwithstanding) and covering most of the same ground as my original, explorer CMDR. Because it's this explorer CMDR who would be inheriting all the history, it's probably mostly duplicates anyway. It would be nice if the program could tell them apart though.

[SUP]*Alas my 32bit logs are long gone unless they're on a backup somewhere.[/SUP]​

Hi, nope it has no functionality to distinguish. You'd have to sift through them manually
Ah, I thought so. What I'll do is back everything up, drop the whole lot into my explorer character's history then sync with EDDB. If it hasn't broken anything too much I'll leave it, otherwise revert to the backup. I have to at least give it a shot; having all those verbose NetLogs just sitting there full of unused data is annoying me.

Top Bottom