General / Off-Topic Top Gun 2020

Be interested to see how it pans out.

Obviously it's going to be as cheesetastic as the original - which is not a bad thing.

Will they let TC get some romance in - or will that be delegated to the youngsters (the Goose boy is in it seems)?

See they also have Val Kilmer back - I always thought the story was he was a reluctant particpiant in the first being under contract or something.

I also had the same bike as Mav back then - but mine was blue and silver - it got nicked which probably did me a favour - I wasn't very good at riding it TBH :)

Deleted member 110222

D
And here I taught you only listened to metal!

TOP GUN has one of the BEST OST's EVER!

From the intro to the end credits!

LONG LIVE THE 80'S!
I'll be honest.

My first hearing of Mighty Wings was a metal version:

But it piqued my curiosity and I do sample, well, not necessarily actual 80's music, but modern takes on the era.

Be interested to see how it pans out.

Obviously it's going to be as cheesetastic as the original - which is not a bad thing.

Will they let TC get some romance in - or will that be delegated to the youngsters (the Goose boy is in it seems)?

See they also have Val Kilmer back - I always thought the story was he was a reluctant particpiant in the first being under contract or something.

I also had the same bike as Mav back then - but mine was blue and silver - it got nicked which probably did me a favour - I wasn't very good at riding it TBH :)
I was never a huge fan of the orignal TG and I'm not a fan of Cruise. I'll withhold judgement.

It has to be silly, has awkwardly jammed in love story, have motorcycles, cool fighters, unbelievably cheesy dialogues and one-liners. It's all I want from this movie. Oh, and most importantly - the soundtrack should make me feel cool when I listen to it :D Mighty Wings and Danger Zone are my go to songs for "WAKE UP! YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK" mornings. If for a moment they are considering to make a serious movie - it's ruined.

Yeah. I'm strangely looking forward to this. :)
I bet that Tomcat at the end will be some sort of "ride into the sunset" deal.

Well, good luck, film. We're counting on ya.

Goose4291

Banned
I'm starting to feel the need.....

And also, the F18 hornet is not as sexy as the F14 Tomcat.

But, what is that that I see at the end? Are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm still pinning my hopes on a reboot BSG-esque plot line that the F-18s computer systems have been compromised by OPFOR E-War capabilities, which means they have to break out the Tomcats.

Top Bottom