Tracked Motion Platform needs work

Do not get me wrong, this ride system could be utilized well with the use of props and billboards. However, the ability to slow it down and accelerate it is a bit frustrating. I would like to be able to stop it briefly for effects, screens, etc and then have it speed up again. A good example of this is the EMV attraction Dinosaur at Disney's Animal KIngdom and The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Studios.

Do not get me wrong, this ride system could be utilized well with the use of props and billboards. However, the ability to slow it down and accelerate it is a bit frustrating. I would like to be able to stop it briefly for effects, screens, etc and then have it speed up again. A good example of this is the EMV attraction Dinosaur at Disney's Animal KIngdom and The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man at Universal Studios.

100 % agree. I was actually hoping this would be a option in the extra settings. The ability of seeing a ghost car for what you set the rotations at, speed up, slow down and stop/pause at a selected section of track for a set amount of time would be great. Id like to see slightly tighter curves of the track like the other included ride. But perhaps its difficult as an inclusion. Unless another version is in the works maybe.

Sounds cool. But what will happens to the cars behind? They'd need to brake somewhere. Or we would need a block brake option.

Sounds cool. But what will happens to the cars behind? They'd need to brake somewhere. Or we would need a block brake option.

IRL, the EMV attractions at Animal Kingdom and Disneyland utilize a system that allows all ride vehicles to communicate with each other, so each vehicle knows the position of all other vehicles, and they independently set their speeds accordingly. Vehicles may slow down, or play a scripted "stalling-out" animation on the motion platform with an associated sound effect at any point during the ride to maintain a safe distance between it and the vehicle ahead.

Both of those rides also have a set scene near the end where the ride vehicles come to a complete stop, too.

Well they will stop for the same exact time so as long as the dispatch time is greater than the stop time it would work.

That's all part of design. Eventually all cars stop at that point, just make sure there is enough space between 2 cars.

Yeah a stop segment would be really great,but only if you can turn the trains while they are still in stop mode like this: train stops,turns to window,curtains float,train turns 180°,ghost appears,train starts moving again[wink][up][up][up][up][up]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I agree this would be a very welcome addition :)

It could basically work just like the brake and blockbrake pieces of a coaster. (target speed, acceleration, brake speed)

I think Efteling's "Droomvlucht" is a good example of how it can work. On that ride the cars move faster on certain parts of the track and slow down on other parts.
As long as the ride interval is sufficient it's not a problem because the time to finish 1 round of the track is exact the same for every car :)

Last edited:
Yes please! I would love to see variable speeds and "stop for X seconds" on this track. There is so much that could be done with a ride system like that!

But if they allow it to stop, the next complaint will be that you can't turn the car while stopped.
Then it would need a car control system based on time rather than travel, and that's not gonna happen.

But if they allow it to stop, the next complaint will be that you can't turn the car while stopped.
Then it would need a car control system based on time rather than travel, and that's not gonna happen.

Why wouldn't you be able to turn the car while stopped?

100% agree.
We need to be able to stop the coaster for a specific time. But when it stands stil we can use trigher event to be able to adjust the platform abgles.

That was the point of my suggestion here, having a timeline similar to RCT3's MixMaster.

MixMaster -> Same developing team, same engine... #bringbacktheMixMaster! [haha]

Seriously, that was one of the best feature in RCT3! I ean, when you have an entire comunity dedicated to it (vPyro) this means something.

Back to the Huntsman, here's a good tutorial:

[video=youtube;YGdZS5a0Kqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdZS5a0Kqs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

But it shows how tedious and counter-intuitive to use it is. Sliders are inverted, no mean of previsualisation, you gotta be careful to select one piece of track and not the two it automatically select when you click on a portion of track (I already noticed that on the 4D, same problem)...

I love the Huntsman and I'm very glad to have it, but I think it could be polished a bit more. Likewise, the station makes no sense: it's too large for no reason, and on ground level...? While the doors are up in the air. Weird

C'mon Frontier, you did the hardest part!

Seriously, that was one of the best feature in RCT3! I ean, when you have an entire comunity dedicated to it (vPyro) this means something.

Back to the Huntsman, here's a good tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdZS5a0Kqs&feature=youtu.be

But it shows how tedious and counter-intuitive to use it is. Sliders are inverted, no mean of previsualisation, you gotta be careful to select one piece of track and not the two it automatically select when you click on a portion of track (I already noticed that on the 4D, same problem)...

I love the Huntsman and I'm very glad to have it, but I think it could be polished a bit more. Likewise, the station makes no sense: it's too large for no reason, and on ground level...? While the doors are up in the air. Weird

C'mon Frontier, you did the hardest part!

Yeah the station feels weird,should be a bit elevated,so that people can enter at door level,and maybe without actual stopping?[wink]

Also, the ability to add more cars without making the station bigger (just like on the other Tracked Rides) would improve The Huntsman ride a lot! :)
For now, I have a very slow moving queue because i only have 6 cars on the track (even though there could be 7 or 8 cars in the station..)
And now I can't really change the ride to have a larger station otherwise I'd **** up the rest of my ride.. [where is it]

Last edited:
Top Bottom