Horizons Tracking the Tick

I don't have a solid theory of why, but I know it's happened ever since BGS was a thing, in the live game anyway. I started doing BGS stuff in Feb last year and it's always periodically had the "phase shift" happen every week or so. Only since PP dropped do we have the thursday "drop everything" day. Which reminds me, I need to start gathering evidence to prove to FD that influence is getting dropped on the PP cycle day.

My prediction is for the next few days, up to the PP cycle change, it'll be around 21:30 gmt

The apparent link to the PP cycle day is only a theory and may be confirmation bias, in that it is most noticed when it coincides. There have also been instances where the tick goes missing with no correlation to the PP tick.

Deleted member 38366

D
Saw a full tick today (15 Feb) already in place for all 7 Systems I track at 1040GMT when I logged in.

A tad earlier than I expected. Could be we're back at a ~1000GMT cycle time now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a full tick today (15 Feb) already in place for all 7 Systems I track at 1040GMT when I logged in.

A tad earlier than I expected. Could be we're back at a ~1000GMT cycle time now?

I think that was last nights?
It happened around 21:30 GMT.
I don't see any changes since then.

State changes look like they've happened. Not sure if they've just changed, or when it was though. Can anyone else shed light on that?

Today's influence movement has happened. Possilby sometime around 19:00 to 19:30? Did anyone notice anything before that time?

Last edited:
no tick for us at 19.45 when I logged off, someone in my group posted just after 21.00 that influence had changed

Last edited:
no tick for us at 19.45 when I logged off, someone in my group posted just after 21.00 that influence had changed

I've added your time to the table too. Have your updates matched the other times, or is your system generally an hour or two behind? We're using Leesti as our check system, on the basis that it's so volatile it should always have different numbers. How far away from Leesti are you?

I've added your time to the table too. Have your updates matched the other times, or is your system generally an hour or two behind? We're using Leesti as our check system, on the basis that it's so volatile it should always have different numbers. How far away from Leesti are you?

I don't think their system was late, it fits into the other observations here. A member of our group saw no influence changes at about 19:30 GMT, though I saw changes when I logged in at about 20:30 GMT. Elementical wrote at ~20:00 that the tick has happened. Looks like we can nail it down to around 19:50, right after Patau82 logged off. (Sure, there might be a few minutes difference between the checked systems, but it'd still fit into a time window between ~19:30 - 20:00.)

I don't think their system was late, it fits into the other observations here. A member of our group saw no influence changes at about 19:30 GMT, though I saw changes when I logged in at about 20:30 GMT. Elementical wrote at ~20:00 that the tick has happened. Looks like we can nail it down to around 19:50, right after Patau82 logged off. (Sure, there might be a few minutes difference between the checked systems, but it'd still fit into a time window between ~19:30 - 20:00.)

Yes you're right. I'd misunderstood your post about 18:00.
OP updated with your suggested update window.

Looks like states have changed, which suggests we're on the same schedule as yesterday.
Can anyone else confirm?

Looks like states have changed, which suggests we're on the same schedule as yesterday.
Can anyone else confirm?

Yes, they've changed. Though influence might have changed, too. Our faction lost 0.1% while all the other factions stayed at their last values. System's combined influence is now 99.9%. This is strange. Again.

Can anyone confirm influence changes?

Seems it ticked. Lost 0,3% in one system and 0,5% in another system due to high-influence-autodecay. Got 0,1% gain for both warring factions despite handing 1,4m of bonds. I suppose we lost another day of efforts.

Check something more vulnerable to autochanges, system with low pop\security, not Leesti.

I'm not convinced that was THE tick. If it was, it's crashed again. I'm only seeing tiny changes in a few of the systems we track. Most haven't even flinched.

This is one of those things where FD just needs to come in here and tell us how it works and when, and whether there's a problem right now or not. Despite the best efforts, people are flailing about trying to figure out when the tick actually happens. There's no gameplay benefit by FD staying silent on this one.

Maybe you can only impact the BGS as follows:

You can play on Tuesdays, but only after the patch because it wipes what you did on Monday, and Thursday but only after the PP update because it wipes what you did on Wed.

Can't play on Fri,Sat, Sun either because your effort will wiped when the servers go down and have to be reset due to not being able to handle the number of players trying to play on a weekend.

Although, if it's not a patch week, you can play on Monday AND Tuesday as well as Thursday after the PP update! Woot!

Someone set up a calendar to make this clear.

Top Bottom