TRACKIR How-To-Guide... EliteDangerousTrackIR.pdf & Config Files for YOU

TrackIR support ? 3d cockpit clickable ?

Hey guys

I've got tiny little questions...

Will game support Kinect (new Xbox), TrackIR ? David said that game will have 3d cockpit .. so why not move your head arround ...

It is planned for buttons in cockpit to be clickable ? Displays changing like flight sims ???

regards

Armando

In some of the design notes this has been addressed.

TrackIR and other devices te team would like to support, but this is very unlikely at launch.

I'm hoping for full 3d clicky-clicky cockpits at release, just like FSX and Track IR support down the line at some point.

Just wanted to say though: This is really happening isn't it? :D Elite IV is actually coming!!! Some of us will actually have our hands on it in a few piddling months as well. :D

I'm hoping for full 3d clicky-clicky cockpits at release me too.... It's important feature for me ! Please stop 2D cockpit

I'm hoping for full 3d clicky-clicky cockpits at release me too.... It's important feature for me ! Please stop 2D cockpit
I think you guys are vastly underestimating the amount of development time this would take. With Eagle Dynamics, the developer of DCS, having so much trouble developing even a few non 6-DOF non-clickable cockpits for Flaming Cliffs 3, what makes you think Frontier Developments has the resources to do twenty-five fully clickable 3D cockpits?

TrackIR

Hi,

After watching the battleship video and the way you get the camera to look through the side windows of the cockpit, and the camera wave following the other ship's..

It would be a cool if the game would have the feature to do this with the Track IR system, it would give more game immersion and feel like you're actually in the cockpit..

just a suggestion, I use trackIR 5 with most of the games I play and it adds another dimension to the games that I play.....

The System is easy to use and to intergrate and does not take much time and has these benefits:

Bring a new level of realism and situational awareness to any simulation, and astonish your audience with:
* Hands free view control
* Separate weapon aim from view
* Increased realism
* Subtle immersion

TrackIR SDK: Here

Last edited:
TrackIR - WOW

Got my TrackIR and Pro Clip in the mail today.

I had to use some copper wire to connect the Pro Clip to my headset as it didn't seem to fit. This was pretty easy to do and it fits snugly.

I watched a setup video on youtube and then had the thing working within an hour.

This device adds so much to the game and I highly recommend it to people or even some cheaper webcam modeled alternative. The ability to look around whilst remaining in full control of your ship is superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nem4lLimTX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNouFvSQRK0

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Thanks for those! I'm interested in the Track IR and it's great to see it actually in action with ED.

I've Been Wondering....

If when using that, you have a problem because if you turning your head left or right. You no longer looking at the monitor yourself.

If when using that, you have a problem because if you turning your head left or right. You no longer looking at the monitor yourself.

Your head only moves a small degree (which you can configure) so your movement is amplified. You're never actually not looking at the screen.

I'm considering one of these (thanks for the info OP) - just need to get thru the Xmas funding dip - something for later in the year methinks!

Well worth getting track IR. I use it on flight sims like DCS A10 and Black shark. Also for Arma 2 and 3. Looking forward to testing it out on ED Beta :cool:

Very nice!

Hoping I can replicate most of that as just ordered the parts off the internet to try building my own Freetrack system.

I know nothing about soldering, so the results could be... interesting.

If you're thinking whether to buy it or not, just don't think anymore :)
It's that good. I'd say a must for flying sims.
This is me flying an Airbus A320 in my country, TrackIR in use (early beginnings, very bad piloting skills :D ).

Last edited:
Top Bottom