Trade Anaconda build

Having achieved 70% of Tycoon and subsequently on my way to Elite status in Trade I figured it was time I transitioned from the Python whch made it possible ( 248T of cargo space but outfitted for more) to the Anaconda ( a potential of over 400T of cargo space ).

Is this build viable for strictly cargo missions, running away when required ?
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/05D5A6A5E7D8D5C----------------0605050504040403034501.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=?bn=Trade Anaconda

Or this one ?

Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Having achieved 70% of Tycoon and subsequently on my way to Elite status in Trade I figured it was time I transitioned from the Python whch made it possible ( 248T of cargo space but outfitted for more) to the Anaconda ( a potential of over 400T of cargo space ).

Is this build viable for strictly cargo missions, running away when required ?
https://coriolis.io/outfit/anaconda/05D5A6A5E7D8D5C----------------0605050504040403034501.Iw18ZlA=.Aw18ZlA=?bn=Trade Anaconda

Or this one ?

Any suggestions welcome.

I like the 2nd one much better but you don't need the mine launchers.

Not sure why you are leaving slots empty. Every optional internal and every utility slot should have something useful in it.

It depends how you intend to increase your trade rank. If you’re doing bulk trading with basic medicines/polymers etc then a T9 would be a much better upgrade (700+ cargo)
If you’re doing core mining I’d stick with a more nimble ship, maybe a Krait, the Chieftain is also nice for core mining.
The Anaconda has good internals for bulk passenger transport, but only a little better than the T7/Python.
If you’re just doing missions and moving cargo then your Python has the medium pad advantage for outposts.

Long story short, the Anaconda might not be the upgrade you’re looking for.

Your python is now a mining ship.
Buy a Type 9.
It's a cargo beast, you can have a fighter bay. You got 5 hard points too which are awesome for killing pesky asp flying npc pirates if you combine turret lasers and packhounds.

The Python is my favourite ship. I found it a little small for void opal mining. Just one slot too few. After the after update though...........
I using Phantom if I do core mining. I don't think it small for that role. It have 128t cargo, about 1,5 hours I can fill it, that is not too long for a single run. If you find the best place to sell VO, it is more than 200 million creds. I have over 3 billion, so creds doesn't really matter, but core mining is still fun.

I like second one better, but get rid of the fuel scoop if you dont plan to do trading between bubble and pleiades, or at least use a 5a fuel scoop instead of a 6a.

But, strictly about trading - i didn't do plain trading, what i did was lots and lots of delivery/supply missions.
And a Python shines here - you can ferry 280t to and from basically any station and outpost.
If you settle in an industrial station, preferably with some factions in outbreak, supplying medical, metals or consumer items gets you really nice paychecks once you get allied with them said factions.

or do the core mining :)

Northpin,
Thans for your reply, a couple of clarifiers;

- delivery/ supply missions are exactly what I'm doing in my Python, not actually trading as you pointed out. The thing is I'm capped at 244T because I'm also carrying a Shield Generator just in case I should lose an interdiction. Am not carryng weapons.

- I'm settled in an Industrial station and the mission board I'm working from reflects it, Serebrov in the Yakabugai system

Simply put I'd like to carry a bit more tonage without committing to a T9 or one of the other( better) cargo ships. I figure i can begin with a cargo outfitted Anaconda, make a bit more cash per run carrying a bit more cargo and get to Elite status a bit faster. From there I'll gradually outfit the ship for combat, which is a lot more dough.

I like second one better, but get rid of the fuel scoop if you dont plan to do trading between bubble and pleiades, or at least use a 5a fuel scoop instead of a 6a.

But, strictly about trading - i didn't do plain trading, what i did was lots and lots of delivery/supply missions.
And a Python shines here - you can ferry 280t to and from basically any station and outpost.
If you settle in an industrial station, preferably with some factions in outbreak, supplying medical, metals or consumer items gets you really nice paychecks once you get allied with them said factions.

or do the core mining :)

I do a lot of trading because I enjoy doing trade missions and I still use my Python for it despite being able to afford bigger ships. (I actually have a T9, but I use it for laser mining, not trade).

Also don't forget that in the Anaconda you won't be able to land at Outposts and those often have some of the most lucrative missions.

That being said, I do plan on adding a larger trade ship to my fleet eventually. Once I have the rep for a Cutter. Not because I actually feel the need for a large ship for trade missions, but because I want one.... So if that's your motivation for the conda, go for it. Just keep in mind the downsides too.

I did try some trading with the T9 when I first got it and I couldn't get past not doing the outpost missions with nice payouts that I'd see under the "not available" section of the boards and, ultimately, it was really rare for missions to the same location to exceed my python's capacity (I use smaller shields than you on my Python so have 264 capacity on it).

Last edited:
You can fit the pithon with 3A shields and 4x 0A boosters for 280t cargo. Not much over your build, but at least you will be able to take 3x 90t missions or 180+90 missions.

Also, with a slow ship, Conda or T9, you might have a harder time evading the interdictions and, with mission stacking, you might get an impressive amount of deadly anacondas lining up your tail.

Is an Anaconda siginificantly slower on the getaway than the Python ?

You can fit the pithon with 3A shields and 4x 0A boosters for 280t cargo. Not much over your build, but at least you will be able to take 3x 90t missions or 180+90 missions.

Also, with a slow ship, Conda or T9, you might have a harder time evading the interdictions and, with mission stacking, you might get an impressive amount of deadly anacondas lining up your tail.

Second one is much better, for sure. Plenty of shields to submit/wake.

Ditch the mines, if it hasn’t been stated already.

Your only goal should be to get your cargo to its destination in one piece, nothing more.

Edit to add: Mild engineering will stretch defenses like shields, boosters, and armor even farther. Definitely look into that sort of thing.

I reached Elite in Trade with my Cobra MK III in a couple weeks early game.
Information is just as lucrative as goods. It was the cheaper way to go. As a side benefit, it allowed me to gain the Credits I needed in the early game to get to the bigger ships to start trading goods.

Top Bottom