Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Version [1.7.5.2] released

Changelog:
- Fixed a rare error at the Navigation panel.
- Fixed another error with the 'Report A Bug' function, if no e-mail client is installed.
- Fixed an issue when trying to repair an ID mismatch error of the Trade Market Database.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Oops found problem, nothing to see here. Sorry

Excellent program. More I use it more I find thats helpful. Thanks again for all the work you put in updating and fixing things so fast.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been reported before. I have updated the client along with updating the database with EDDB relay. For some reason, I still can not seem to get the outfittings to work. When in game and docked, it just comes up blank. I looked through the forums and don't seem to see anyone else having this issue. So I am assuming I missed a guide somewhere. Can anyone either relate to this issue or have a guide in regards to getting this portion of TCE to work? Also with the Shopping list as well, I can select an outfitting I intend to look for but then on the right side of the table it just blank an I can not select anything.

Thank you Cmdr Axiomz

Oops found problem, nothing to see here. Sorry

Excellent program. More I use it more I find thats helpful. Thanks again for all the work you put in updating and fixing things so fast.

Thanks mate!

Sorry if this has been reported before. I have updated the client along with updating the database with EDDB relay. For some reason, I still can not seem to get the outfittings to work. When in game and docked, it just comes up blank. I looked through the forums and don't seem to see anyone else having this issue. So I am assuming I missed a guide somewhere. Can anyone either relate to this issue or have a guide in regards to getting this portion of TCE to work? Also with the Shopping list as well, I can select an outfitting I intend to look for but then on the right side of the table it just blank an I can not select anything.

Thank you Cmdr Axiomz

When using EDDB-Relay, you have to select 'Include Outfitting Data' before clicking onto the 'Update Trade 'Stations' button.
If you have done this and not getting any results, please send me a report for a check.

Last edited:
I have noticed this same situation as well. I will figure out that report function and send it in.
although for me the shopping element works. I can search for modules and ships or commodities and it gives me a list of locations pretty simply. which is perfect for what I wanted in game. how ever I have never seen a outfitting list when looking in stations using the addon it is always blank.

Last edited:

Thank you Cmdr Axiomz

I have noticed this same situation as well. I will figure out that report function and send it in.
although for me the shopping element works. I can search for modules and ships or commodities and it gives me a list of locations pretty simply. which is perfect for what I wanted in game. how ever I have never seen a outfitting list when looking in stations using the addon it is always blank.

After some testing, I can confirm the issue and it will be fixed with the next update.
Thanks for the report.

Version [1.7.5.3] released

Changelog:
- Added a -Safemode commandline parameter for the TCE executable to make sure the launcher is loaded in case of the Ouickload option is set active and TCE crashes on launch.
- Added the auto-hiding of the MainUI when entering FSS scan mode to not get in conflict with the discovery process. The MainUI get visible again when leaving the mode.
- Added a 'TCE_Launch_Completed' boolean indicator to the TCE.Config file so external tools can identify, when the launch of TCE is completed.
- Fixed an error in context with the Shopping List Alert, when jumping into a star system.
- Fixed an issue not displaying the available outfittings of a trade station.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for those improvements and additions Eventure.

I'm sure they will be as welcome to others as they are to me personally.

[Edit]

One very minor thing.

TCE_Launch_Completed boolean is initialised False when TCE is started, and correctly set True once the loading process has completed. However, when TCE is closed down, the boolean remains True until the next launch of TCE where the cycle begins again. Could you possibly set it False on shutdown?

Great work once again, and I can work around the gotcha, so no pressure.

Last edited:
One very minor thing.

TCE_Launch_Completed boolean is initialised False when TCE is started, and correctly set True once the loading process has completed. However, when TCE is closed down, the boolean remains True until the next launch of TCE where the cycle begins again. Could you possibly set it False on shutdown?

Great work once again, and I can work around the gotcha, so no pressure.

Will add this with the next update.

Version [1.7.5.4] released

Changelog:
- Added a 'false' state to the 'TCE_Launch_Completed' boolean indicator when exiting TCE.
- Added the current exploration stage, total distance completed, total exploration distance, total percentage completed and stage percentage completed to the Destination display, when an active exploration is present.
- Added a Destination display mouse click event to open the Explorations tab of the Cartography panel when an active exploration is present.
- Added the persistant display of the Cartography panel, no longer reverting back to the View Database tab when opened.

Notes:

Great stuff, thanks Eventure.

I have collected some commodities, surface collected cargo and mined ores etc. I thought perhaps there was an ability to find the best selling price in my known markets for each of the commodities. I can't seem to find anything for the wares I have in my hold, and wondered if I was missing something, or it simply doesn't exist? I am able to visit a station that might have that particular commodity, open the trading markets, and then further search for a better price, but that feels cumbersome.

Should it be possible, or is it a feature you might add in future?

Last edited:
Great stuff, thanks Eventure.

I have collected some commodities, surface collected cargo and mined ores etc. I thought perhaps there was an ability to find the best selling price in my known markets for each of the commodities. I can't seem to find anything for the wares I have in my hold, and wondered if I was missing something, or it simply doesn't exist? I am able to visit a station that might have that particular commodity, open the trading markets, and then further search for a better price, but that feels cumbersome.

Should it be possible, or is it a feature you might add in future?

It's already in, open the Trade Overview panel, select 'Best Sell' and select the commodity you like to sell from the drop-down list. The number of markets displayed depending on your selected Trade Range.
Click a market from the list and it will be automatically selected as your destination.

It's already in, open the Trade Overview panel, select 'Best Sell' and select the commodity you like to sell from the drop-down list. The number of markets displayed depending on your selected Trade Range.
Click a market from the list and it will be automatically selected as your destination.

Ah ha! Thanks.

I see the problem, I had some Rare commodities (Cigars) and they absent from the filter lists. I'll ignore them for now and simply sell at the farthest point from the origin.

Version [1.7.5.5] released

Changelog:
- Fixed an error when changing an exploration note at the Star System Summary of the Cartography panel.
- Fixed an issue with the automatic calculation of waypoints, if the destination star system is far far away. Calculations now executed only for destinations of 1000 LY's distance and below.
- Fixed an issue with the exploration stage percentage greater than 100% at the Destination display.
- Changed the old scan values for stars and planets to the new ED 3.3 standard (excluding some boni, which are not incorporated into journal, therefore the displayed value is lower than it should).

Notes:

just updated and got I/O or OS Error on the EDMC extension
checked edmc and its updated

never mind it seems to be working now

Last edited:
Version [1.7.5.6] released

Changelog:
- Fixed an EDDB-Relay issue when updating the star system states due to changes at the resource file of EDDB.
- Fixed an EDDB-Relay error when updating the minor faction states due to changes at the resource file of EDDB.
- Fixed a rare error when displaying the star system map at the Cartography panel.

Notes:

Version [1.7.5.7] released
Changelog:
  • Added the event 'MultiSellExplorationData' to the player journal monitor.
  • Fixed an error when changing manually the star system population at the Navigation panel.
  • Fixed a display issue on active explorations at the Destination display.
  • Fixed long launching times of TCE with large registered market and logbook databases.
  • Fixed a display issue of the row highlight and Summary Info panel at the Waypoint panel.

Notes:

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

Long time no see. I haven't played since 3.3 beta dropped, and then just to poke around the beta. The last time I actually played was...dunno.

Anyway, I also have a new rig and reinstalled everything. All went fine, but I notice TCE launcher "settings" have "game log extended" in red. IIRC, that has to do with verbose logging, but didn't Frontier add that, or make that setting default or something at some point? I poked around and couldn't find a recent post that addressed that, so do we still need to add that for TCE?

*edit: I think I found the setting in ED, under network, it says "enable detailed network logging" and it's enabled by default. So maybe not the thing TCE is warning about?

**edit2: Ok, here's what I think happened. It detected the wrong path. I ran through the detection 3 step process when I installed, then imported my old db (this is where I think the correct path was overwritten by the old installation path). So when I clicked on "game log extended", it showed a path that ended "...elitedangerous64", which doesn't exist. That was old pathing. When I went through the path detection 3 step process a second time, it found a new path, which is the correct one. Warning cleared. An edge case for sure.

Thanks,
Abil

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,

Long time no see. I haven't played since 3.3 beta dropped, and then just to poke around the beta. The last time I actually played was...dunno.

Anyway, I also have a new rig and reinstalled everything. All went fine, but I notice TCE launcher "settings" have "game log extended" in red. IIRC, that has to do with verbose logging, but didn't Frontier add that, or make that setting default or something at some point? I poked around and couldn't find a recent post that addressed that, so do we still need to add that for TCE?

*edit: I think I found the setting in ED, under network, it says "enable detailed network logging" and it's enabled by default. So maybe not the thing TCE is warning about?

**edit2: Ok, here's what I think happened. It detected the wrong path. I ran through the detection 3 step process when I installed, then imported my old db (this is where I think the correct path was overwritten by the old installation path). So when I clicked on "game log extended", it showed a path that ended "...elitedangerous64", which doesn't exist. That was old pathing. When I went through the path detection 3 step process a second time, it found a new path, which is the correct one. Warning cleared. An edge case for sure.

Thanks,
Abil

Hi Abil,

thanks for the report, it is an edge case but I will close the gap with the next release.

@Eventure , Have you considered enhancing the functionality of the mission panel to indicate missions that have been completed and just not turned in yet? I'm talking like a massacre or pirate bounty mission, where you have to go back to the originating station to turn it in. It seems like TCE knows when these have been completed, because it removes them completely if I log out and back in, would be useful to have it live update though.

I realize this is not a trade function, so feel free to tell me to go away with such a suggestion. LOL Just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Top Bottom