Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Version [1.7.6.8] released
Changelog:
  • Added the 'Force EDSM Update' button for the actual star system to the Scan Protocol panel.
  • Fixed an issue, where the Scan Protocol panel opens without new data displayed.
  • Fixed an issue, where the Camera panel opens for Asteroid Clusters.
  • Fixed an issue with the mouse wheel scrolling at the list of scanned objects of the Scan Protocol panel.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eventure,
Am I misunderstanding the yellow highlighted bits RE: Planned Exploration (in the attached screenshot)? Or have I somehow flipped a setting somewhere without realizing it (and that I can't currently find)?

Both numbers are the same (distance remaining), but I would think it would make more sense that one of them show the distance traveled so far. I guess I'm trying to say I'd expect either:

1) the top right number to be 3,633 LY (to match the 69.15% below it, that indicates how far I've traveled), OR
2) the center bottom to read something like "3,633 / 5,254 LY (69.15%)" to indicate I've traveled 3,633 LY out of a planned 5,254 and my journey is 69.15% complete. The top right number would be distance remaining (1,620.78 LY) and the bottom right would be 30.85%, in that case.

Exploration.png

Hi Eventure,
Am I misunderstanding the yellow highlighted bits RE: Planned Exploration (in the attached screenshot)? Or have I somehow flipped a setting somewhere without realizing it (and that I can't currently find)?

Both numbers are the same (distance remaining), but I would think it would make more sense that one of them show the distance traveled so far. I guess I'm trying to say I'd expect either:

1) the top right number to be 3,633 LY (to match the 69.15% below it, that indicates how far I've traveled), OR
2) the center bottom to read something like "3,633 / 5,254 LY (69.15%)" to indicate I've traveled 3,633 LY out of a planned 5,254 and my journey is 69.15% complete. The top right number would be distance remaining (1,620.78 LY) and the bottom right would be 30.85%, in that case.

View attachment 134409

Thanks for the report, will look into it, what happened here. The second assumption is correct and how it should look. Will fix it with the next update.

Me?
I was away for over a year. Came back - well over 1000 hours.
So far so good. Got Elite's updates loaded and playing - yeah!
Still have problems with Voice Attack and HCS voice packs working.

But I'm here because I am having problems with TCE ll. Mainly when I select a tab the game disappears. I have to click the game icon in the tray to get it back. Then the TCE overlay is gone. Then I have to use the control key for show/hide interface to get it back on top. Have the click twice - I guess the first one closes it the second reopens it. Then it's on top. But truly a real detriment to immersive game play has before.

Also TCE stopped updating mostly noticeable where I'm at and where I'm going.

Also I see no way to update commodities as before by the scan I used to use.

Any suggestions?

Me?
I was away for over a year. Came back - well over 1000 hours.
So far so good. Got Elite's updates loaded and playing - yeah!
Still have problems with Voice Attack and HCS voice packs working.

But I'm here because I am having problems with TCE ll. Mainly when I select a tab the game disappears. I have to click the game icon in the tray to get it back. Then the TCE overlay is gone. Then I have to use the control key for show/hide interface to get it back on top. Have the click twice - I guess the first one closes it the second reopens it. Then it's on top. But truly a real detriment to immersive game play has before.

Also TCE stopped updating mostly noticeable where I'm at and where I'm going.

Also I see no way to update commodities as before by the scan I used to use.

Any suggestions?

Welcome back,

none reported such issues you experienced, so there must be a problem with your setup.

Do you have set ED to borderless window mode?
Do you completed the auto-dectection process at the settings tab?
Activate Aero Mode when not using Windows 10.

To get commodity data, install EDMC and use the CONNECT button at the center of the UI or enter the commodity, outfitting and shipyard screen of ED to add the data to your database.

You could also send me a bug report and include the ErrorReportFile.7z from the installation folder plus system specs note.

Thank you for answering.

But all your suggestions are that way already.

I just finished the bug report. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Hi Eventure.
I just flew to a market I had never been to before, Argelander Keep at Galouri, and EDMC did its thing, connected, downloaded etc but then TCE got stuck at processing and then I received the attached error message. When I fly to a station have been to previously I don't have a problem. The attachment was compressed using WinRar and the extension changed to ZIP.

edit - hmmm. Well it is working now. I downloaed a clean install of TCE and transferred over my database and verified it and now all seems ok. :)

Attachments

• error message.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Version [1.7.7] released
Changelog:
  • Added a missing, undocumented star class to the resources database.
  • Added four missing outfitting modules and updated some EDDB internal ID's at the resources database.
  • Fixed another display issue with the destination display on active explorations.
  • Fixed a small display issue with the Minimap button at the Icon UI.
  • Fixed a rare error, if an outfitting module is not available at the resources database.

Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eventure,
I am sorry, but I have to report a problem with the latest version TCE v1.7.7.

When started with german as selected language, I get an error message and the start procedure stops at 15%. There is no problem running TCE with english being selected.
If you need the ErrorReportFile also, just let me know and I mail it to you.

Thanks
Homunk

Attachments

• TCE_v177_Error.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 268
Hi Eventure,
I am sorry, but I have to report a problem with the latest version TCE v1.7.7.

When started with german as selected language, I get an error message and the start procedure stops at 15%. There is no problem running TCE with english being selected.
If you need the ErrorReportFile also, just let me know and I mail it to you.

Thanks
Homunk
Hi,

please reload the version and install it into a new folder. Fixed a last minute bug and updated the setup file.
The bug appeared only on non-english versions.

Do I have to had traveled to multiple systems to use the route finder?

I have updated with the web relay, but whenever I try and find a route, it says there are none.

Last edited:
Do I have to had traveled to multiple systems to use the route finder?

I have updated with the web relay, but whenever I try and find a route, it says there are none.

You can, but instead use the build-in EDDB-Relay at the launcher to add markets around your current position to your database and update them with the relay too.

I tried that but it still does not populate the routes..

Please check the 'Data Age' filter at the EDB-Relay. Set it to 'Actual' before updating your database.
Check the same fiter at the Route Finder panel. Set it to 1 or 2 days and you will find plenty of routes, depending on how many markets in database you have.

Hi Eventure; I just started getting a weird error today. When I click "Update [Trade Stations | Star Systems | Factions]", the button instantly turns red with white text and says, "Update Blocked". I don't recall ever seeing this before. Any idea what may be wrong? I restarted my computer but it had no effect and the error still appears. I've Verified all databases and everything checked out fine.

Hi Eventure; I just started getting a weird error today. When I click "Update [Trade Stations | Star Systems | Factions]", the button instantly turns red with white text and says, "Update Blocked". I don't recall ever seeing this before. Any idea what may be wrong? I restarted my computer but it had no effect and the error still appears. I've Verified all databases and everything checked out fine.

This happens, if TCE can't reach the file server due to blocking by your firewall / AV or by server maintenance.

This happens, if TCE can't reach the file server due to blocking by your firewall / AV or by server maintenance.
Well my AV hasn't changed and never blocked it before, but when I tried a short while later, TCE updated fine, so I'll assume there was server maintenance. Thanks for the context. I won't worry about it if happens again in the future. (And, as always, thank you for creating TCE; love this vital addition to my cockpit!)

Version [1.7.8] released
Changelog:
  • Added last missing spanish translations to the Languages database.
  • Fixed an issue with the Bookmark button at the Navigation panel.
Notes:

Version [1.7.9] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed a display issue with empty or non-displayed picture boxes at the new Summary panel.
  • Fixed a display issue with the State of Knowledge indicator at the Summary Info panel.
  • Fixed an error at the new Summary panel.

Notes:

Top Bottom