Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

also noticed that on interdiction or combat the UI disappears like it used to but doesnt always come back after. not sure why. any new settings there?

also noticed that on interdiction or combat the UI disappears like it used to but doesnt always come back after. not sure why. any new settings there?

The UI is set to come back when returing to supercruise or jumping off the system. You can also select a hotkey to hide/show the UI to bring it back manually.

Version [1.8.0] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with repeatedly questioning of resizing panels on launch.
  • Fixed a small display issue at the hangar tab of the Personal panel.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Hi Eventure,

Thanks for the new version.:cool:)

This time on updating I received the error that I had before but happily I spotted the problem!

Although TCE runs fine as a normal user I have to run it as the Admin when I am updating, once I did that the error was not there.

So, no need to worry about that error as I now know what to do in the future.

Thanks,

Martin

Just for information, I have installed the latest update (automatically from the installer). It now seems to be going through all my Journal log files.
Just wondering if that is what its meant to do?
Thanks as always

Update: it reported that there were over a 1000 journals that were unprocessed, I said yes to processing. It then stopped after about 600. I left it running but it seemed stuck. I have to End Task to stop TCE. I then rebooted my computer and launched TCE it then told me the same as before that there were 1245 unprocessed journals. I said no to processing but it looks like the first time launch of TCE, the colours and setting that I usually have are gone. I have just sent you a bug report. thanks Scotty113

Attachments

• TCE2.PNG
    TCE2.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 222
  • TCE1.PNG
    TCE1.PNG
    144 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Just for information, I have installed the latest update (automatically from the installer). It now seems to be going through all my Journal log files.
Just wondering if that is what its meant to do?
Thanks as always

Update: it reported that there were over a 1000 journals that were unprocessed, I said yes to processing. It then stopped after about 600. I left it running but it seemed stuck. I have to End Task to stop TCE. I then rebooted my computer and launched TCE it then told me the same as before that there were 1245 unprocessed journals. I said no to processing but it looks like the first time launch of TCE, the colours and setting that I usually have are gone. I have just sent you a bug report. thanks Scotty113

Thanks for your report, found the issue, affecting only transfers of multi account user, so it was under my radar.
There is a TCE.old folder, where you can grab the CMDR folder and paste it manually into your actual version folder to retrieve the missing data.

Thanks for your report, found the issue, affecting only transfers of multi account user, so it was under my radar.
There is a TCE.old folder, where you can grab the CMDR folder and paste it manually into your actual version folder to retrieve the missing data.

Hi Thanks for the quick response. I have copied in the old folder and it seems to know me. The colour scheme and some setting are lost though. Just for your info -- I can redo the colours etc

Something else I've noticed it's showing my visits as 1 -- this is in my home station where I have visited hundreds of times. Can that be fixed?

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for the quick response. I have copied in the old folder and it seems to know me. The colour scheme and some setting are lost though. Just for your info -- I can redo the colours etc

Something else I've noticed it's showing my visits as 1 -- this is in my home station where I have visited hundreds of times. Can that be fixed?

Your TCE_Logbook.db contains all your travels (TCE\CMDR\Name\DB), copy it from the .old folder and the colors, found at the TCE.Config at theTCE path, too.

Updated to the new version and now all my trade data has disappeared i have try to copy from the old one but still the same.
1578953808163.png

Data seems to be on the overview section:-

1578953906789.png

Just to update, unsure if this fixed it but i set the app to run as Administrator and now all my data is back (not had to do that in the past though).

Hi
I used to use the route-finder a lot, especially when I'd found a decent route, it made it easier when jumping between the 2 systems. But I've not been able to get it working for a while. I'm pretty sure this is down to user error and probably something to do with the filter settings. Can someone have a look and give me a hint as to what im doing wrong? :) Does this screen shot help?

Thanks

Attachments

• TCE3.PNG
    TCE3.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 240
Hi
I used to use the route-finder a lot, especially when I'd found a decent route, it made it easier when jumping between the 2 systems. But I've not been able to get it working for a while. I'm pretty sure this is down to user error and probably something to do with the filter settings. Can someone have a look and give me a hint as to what im doing wrong? :) Does this screen shot help?

Thanks

Your Distance to Star filter seems to be low, did you update your database via EDDB-Relay?
The file, you have sent to me, missing markets and prices, can you copy/paste the old TCE\DB folder to your actual version, if not done yet?
Update thereafter your databases by the EDDB-Relay and search again.

Last edited:
Your Distance to Star filter seems to be low, did you update your database via EDDB-Relay?
The file, you have sent to me, missing markets and prices, can you copy/paste the old TCE\DB folder to your actual version, if not done yet?
Update thereafter your databases by the EDDB-Relay and search again.

"Update thereafter your databases by the EDDB-Relay and search again." I dont think I know how to do that -- Do you mean "verify"?

Last edited:
"Update thereafter your databases by the EDDB-Relay and search again." I dont think I know how to do that -- Do you mean "verify"?

UPDATE -- ok I think I've got it. Extensions and then Update Trade Stations, Update Star Systems and Update Factions. Is that what you mean?

ANOTHER UPDATE -- Ok feeling kinda silly now, I updated at the Launcher EDDB and now have suggested routes. So I am happy with that. It didnt pick up the route im actually running, but I was able to plot it manually -- very pleased.

Question -- should I update from EDDB every time I launch TCE (TBH I had forgotten about that feature)?

I am sure that there are loads of features that I have not used, even after all the years that I have always had TCE running. Is there any chance of some video guides? It's a real shame not to be using all the tools that you have supplied us here in TCE.

Huge thanks to Eventure for always replying and sorting things for us. cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Question -- should I update from EDDB every time I launch TCE (TBH I had forgotten about that feature)?

I am sure that there are loads of features that I have not used, even after all the years that I have always had TCE running. Is there any chance of some video guides? It's a real shame not to be using all the tools that you have supplied us here in TCE.

Huge thanks to Eventure for always replying and sorting things for us. cheers 🍻

Thank you Scotty, always nice to hear!

Yes, update your databases once a day before launch. In case of guides, there are some great user-made ones,
but sometimes the UI can differ due the development of TCE and not all parts of TCE are covered entirely, I have to admit.

I suggest to use the wiki to checkout, what support all panels could give you while playing.

Last edited:
Is there a way to search this thread only? Usually is in forum software but I'm not seeing it here. Wanted to search back to see if this issue came up.

Anyway, I've been thinking about coming back to the game again. Haven't played since 2017. Went through updating all the tools I used to use and when logging into this one after upgrading I got hit with all these errors:
Trade_Computer_Extension_MK.II_2020-01-23_15-44-30.png

There used to be some upgrade process between TCE versions (have an old and new folder, convert databases over, process took quite some time), but that didn't seem to take place with this latest version.

I'm guessing things changed between my version from 2017 (16.x?) that renders the old stuff incompatible now? Is there any way to upgrade all my old data or are we forced to start fresh again?

Is there a way to search this thread only? Usually is in forum software but I'm not seeing it here. Wanted to search back to see if this issue came up.

Anyway, I've been thinking about coming back to the game again. Haven't played since 2017. Went through updating all the tools I used to use and when logging into this one after upgrading I got hit with all these errors:
View attachment 159933

There used to be some upgrade process between TCE versions (have an old and new folder, convert databases over, process took quite some time), but that didn't seem to take place with this latest version.

I'm guessing things changed between my version from 2017 (16.x?) that renders the old stuff incompatible now? Is there any way to upgrade all my old data or are we forced to start fresh again?

Please send me (use the 'Report a Bug' button) your old database (or TCE folder) and I will check, what's got wrong.
Please tell me also, what version number the old install has.
Thanks in advance.

I can't use the report bug thing because I can't login to the application. It just hangs on the start screen after all those errors. However, I was able to restore the folder back via Windows Shadow Copies (had overwritten the folder with the new install). Seems to be version v1.6.2.2.

The bug report button opens a new browser window that doesn't go anywhere, but looks like it generated something in the directory? Is it fine if I just post it here?

Installed the new version into a separate folder for testing. No errors, but obviously new settings (did keep my login weirdly enough). This version just hangs when clicking the 'bug report' button. Sits on "creating report" using a full CPU core indefinitely.

------

However, during writing this post I figured out how to transfer the old databases. Seemed odd that the default install directory was C:\TCE. Looks like I used to install the new version into the system root, move my old folder over to be named TCE_OLD, then go to the database section and transfer things/verify. Repeated that process now, everything all worked fine, even copied the program settings.

Crisis averted! Sorry to bother you.

Top Bottom