Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi
I have a couple of bugged missions in my Missions panel. They have been removed by Frontier from my transactions panel. Is there a way to remove them from my Mission panel in TCE?

Thanks
They will be removed automatically, if their mission entry is no longer listed at the journal.

I gotta be missing somthing here. i want to make a trade route. I am in my t9. it will show commodites in station but not help make a trade route.

Hi Eventure, Is this the formula / thread? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/exploration-value-formulae.232000/
I think they may have updated it since 3.3 and maybe TCE estimates need updating based upon the new formulas?

Yes, it is!
Wasn't aware, that values got changed. EDSM has also an estimated scan value of planets and stars, maybe I workout a routine to call those values from EDSM.
Can you tell me, how off the values in TCE are? High or low?

I gotta be missing somthing here. i want to make a trade route. I am in my t9. it will show commodites in station but not help make a trade route.

You must have at least two registered markets in your database, which met you filter settings and ship.

Fill up your database with plenty of markets around your current position by using the EDDB-Relay option at the launcher.

Checkout these beginner hints:
  • TCE is delivered with a blank database of trade markets. So you choose either to start with it, adding markets you came across, to have your own personal database, or starting with a pre-populated database of markets, created by EDDB-Relay, for a selected distance of light years and light seconds around your current postition in game. Is that your choice, enter the EDDB-Relay window at the launcher and create a starter database. Good values for range and distance are 30 LY and 8k LS.
  • The actual commodity prices may differ after some time from the prices, you have stored within TCE, but you can mass-update all stored prices by EDDB-Relay before launching TCE. Enter the EDDB-Relay window and hit the 'Update Prices' button. Every stored market in TCE got checked and updated, if required. This has to be done only once a day.

It depends on whether you're first to discover, but even then I think TCE values are too high, next time I'm the the game I'll send you a quick comparison - there is a differnce between EDSM values and EDDiscovery but they are closer. Is there any possibility of getting the mapped values too? Personally I'd ignore if it is a First Discovery (that's a nice surprise bonus on top :) )

Yes, it is!
Wasn't aware, that values got changed. EDSM has also an estimated scan value of planets and stars, maybe I workout a routine to call those values from EDSM.

You must have at least two registered markets in your database, which met you filter settings and ship.

Fill up your database with plenty of markets around your current position by using the EDDB-Relay option at the launcher.

Checkout these beginner hints:
I allowed it to load 175 logs. over 2k stations. it does not list them.

I allowed it to load 175 logs. over 2k stations. it does not list them.

The Data Age filter of the EDDB-Relay (Extension tab of the launcher) should be the same as the filter setting at the Route Finder panel.
If nothing works as intended, send me a Bug Report and include the ErrorReportFiles.7z. Thanks in advance.

The Data Age filter of the EDDB-Relay (Extension tab of the launcher) should be the same as the filter setting at the Route Finder panel.
If nothing works as intended, send me a Bug Report and include the ErrorReportFiles.7z. Thanks in advance.
i got it to load. ran the database maker. and discovered i do not like it always stuck to the foreground. it interferes with the other 6 tools i use. blocks their access. i have to quit the program to do things then restart it for the trading. had to quit it to access this browser.
is there a different ui style? i do not mind alt-tab to access things.

tried to start program. get error. included pic of error.

Attachments

• TCE03062020.JPG
    TCE03062020.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 127
i got it to load. ran the database maker. and discovered i do not like it always stuck to the foreground. it interferes with the other 6 tools i use. blocks their access. i have to quit the program to do things then restart it for the trading. had to quit it to access this browser.
is there a different ui style? i do not mind alt-tab to access things.

TCE processes millions of data from EDDB, which requires all (up to 8) cores to do it in a reasonable short time (depending on your PC specs). This is only suggested once a day before playing.

TCE processes millions of data from EDDB, which requires all (up to 8) cores to do it in a reasonable short time (depending on your PC specs). This is only suggested once a day before playing.
let me clarify. its like you driving and got this tool that helps you control your speed on the steering wheel. how ever if you want to do anything else you gotta take that tool off of the steering wheel to reach for the gear shift or reach for your coffee mug or turn on or off the windshield wipers or anything else. then you gotta put it back o the steering wheel if you want to use it again.
tce does this. its stuck on the face of the screen. you cannot reach behind it do do anything so you have to exit it to do additional tasks you desire to do then start it up again if you want to use TCE. do you have a way to fix it to where its NOT stuck to the face of the screen?

let me clarify. its like you driving and got this tool that helps you control your speed on the steering wheel. how ever if you want to do anything else you gotta take that tool off of the steering wheel to reach for the gear shift or reach for your coffee mug or turn on or off the windshield wipers or anything else. then you gotta put it back o the steering wheel if you want to use it again.
tce does this. its stuck on the face of the screen. you cannot reach behind it do do anything so you have to exit it to do additional tasks you desire to do then start it up again if you want to use TCE. do you have a way to fix it to where its NOT stuck to the face of the screen?

This is not a usual behavior of TCE and was not reported before!
Please give me an example, when TCE or other apps got stuck for you, what are your PC specs and how big your created database is (number of stored trade markets)?
Do you run the internal benchmark? What values you got, when you did?

I can tell you, I have multiple apps running and have no noticable lag in every application. So I guess, the issue is on your side, as the error reported above.
But nevertheless, I will try to help you get it working!

Hi Eventure,
Are the star/planet estimated credit values shown anywhere else in TCE? (apart from after initial scan) I can't find them to send you a comparison between TCE and ED Discovery.
I'm in a 52 body system that EDD says is worth 564,910 before any surface scanning and none are first discovered, TCE values it at 1,489,406

Last edited:
Just had this error after entering and scanning a system, followed by 3 other similar errors (four bodies where discovered)
1583688864664.png

Tried to recreate the error without luck, so I added a general check of used arrays, preventing further error messages.
It will come with the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Top Bottom