Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hmmmmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Although TCE is working, it has hung on me twice since I updated to the new version. Killing the TCE process and restarting seems to work, however, it appears exactly the same as the original problem this morning. Maybe the new host provider is having problems?

Confirmed, found the issue, updated the files above. Please reload the update/installation file to fix the issue.

Thanks for the report.

Hello everybody,

to everyone, who used one of the files of the V1.8.0.5 above, please reload the file and install it again.

There is an error when trying to change the station type of a market.
Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited:
Morning Eventure,
Seem to be missing the link for configuring TCE with EDMC: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223056&p=3637286&viewfull=1#post3637286
Recently re-built PC, particularly interested in the output tab settings of EDMC and if there is still a requirement to push the output to TCE in any format, and which directory.

Thanks.
Hi there,
the link and content is outdated since the upgrade of the frontier forum. I have updated the link to this post here.

The only thing you have to do with EDMC is to authorize the usage with your account by loging in with your credentials (the login page is automatically shown, if you have not yet approved the usage) and approve it. No further changes in EDMC itself are required to work in conjuction with TCE.
If you are using online services like Inara or EDSM, you should have EDMC running in the back.

Here is a step-by-step procedure of authorization:
1. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
2. Login and approve the authorization once.
3. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

This has to be done every update of EDMC.

If you having trouble authorizing EDMC, deauthorize it first here (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

to everyone, who used the update file of the V1.8.0.5 above, please reload the file and install it again or load the picture I attached here
and paste it into the JPG folder of TCE.

There was a picture file mising at the update file (the full version file has it, of course), which can produce an error when trying to change the station type of a market.

View attachment 171889
Sorry for the trouble.
Looking in your JPG folder, your picture for a Type 9 is a type 7 and you are missing an Alliance Chieftain picture. as i have neither i can not pass them on to you for inclusion. perhaps others could?

Looking in your JPG folder, your picture for a Type 9 is a type 7 and you are missing an Alliance Chieftain picture. as i have neither i can not pass them on to you for inclusion. perhaps others could?
Yes, indeed, I have updated all files above accordingly.
Thanks for the hint!

Hi there,
the link and content is outdated since the upgrade of the frontier forum. I have updated the link to this post here.

The only thing you have to do with EDMC is to authorize the usage with your account by loging in with your credentials (the login page is automatically shown, if you have not yet approved the usage) and approve it. No further changes in EDMC itself are required to work in conjuction with TCE.
If you are using online services like Inara or EDSM, you should have EDMC running in the back.

Here is a step-by-step procedure of authorization:
1. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
2. Login and approve the authorization once.
3. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

This has to be done every update of EDMC.

If you having trouble authorizing EDMC, deauthorize it first here (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).
Thanks for that, some time ago TCE needed the export of csv's from EDMC, but I guess that's changed. Thanks.

Version [1.8.0.6] released
Changelog:
  • Added some missing pictures of space ships.
  • Added a missing picture of the fleet carrier.
  • Fixed an error when selecting a station type of a market at the Database panel.
  • Fixed a display issue at the Trade Market summary of the Navigation panel .
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
@ eventure, thank you again for your great tool and awesome support. After one week outside of ED, I logged in again yesterday, and found out TCE did not seem to respond anymore. A quick look in this thread and I realise the solution already exists. Just I.M.P.R.E.S.S.I.V.E. Bravo 👏👏👏.

So I like this alot but is there a way to not show the scan protocall panel on every single scan? its rather distracting. Made it tiny and moved it out of the way for now makes it hard to explore quickly for credit grinding.

Last edited:
So I like this alot but is there a way to not show the scan protocall panel on every single scan? its rather distracting. Made it tiny and moved it out of the way for now makes it hard to explore quickly for credit grinding.
You can deactivate it at the Options panel:
Options.JPG

Thx Eventure for time and effort you put into TCE, awesome.
Sent donation few days ago, anyone that can afford to, send a few bucks.
Show support for Eventures hard work and quick responses to problems when they crop up, usually cause of something Frontier changed I'd say.

@eventure

why doesn't the "Update Factions" button work?
Is this still in development or is it supposed to work?

I can't click it, thats for sure.
Please enlighten us with your knowledge :)

PS:
I skimmed the forums for a few pages, then skipped to the last page, so please forgive me if you already answered this question since I didn't see this in this threat earlier.update factions button doesn't work.png

PPS:
I donated 10 euro's to Eventure, since this plugin is a extremely awesome and helpfull plugin.
If you could spend some cash, donate to Eventure to let them work more on this plugin to maybe expand the options within.

@eventure

why doesn't the "Update Factions" button work?
Is this still in development or is it supposed to work?

I can't click it, thats for sure.
Please enlighten us with your knowledge :)

PS:
I skimmed the forums for a few pages, then skipped to the last page, so please forgive me if you already answered this question since I didn't see this in this threat earlier.View attachment 173596

PPS:
I donated 10 euro's to Eventure, since this plugin is a extremely awesome and helpfull plugin.
If you could spend some cash, donate to Eventure to let them work more on this plugin to maybe expand the options within.

Hi Renjestoo,

sry for the late response, there was an issue with my forum account, so I could not reply until now.

The Update Faction button becomes available when you have selected at least one faction to monitor. This can be selected at the Faction panel.
More infos about the Faction panel you will find at the wiki here: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Factions_Panel

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:
Version [1.8.0.7] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed the e-mail adress notice to report a bug for users without an e-mail client installed.
  • Fixed an error when clicking the Note button at the position or destination display.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Eventure,
I'd like you to confirm my findings:
I'm docked at a station.
Using the trade option at the top, then best sell, then select item, in this case Bromellite, you get a list of stations. Great it works, sort by Price, Distance and Trade Market all change, perfect.
Now press Best Buy, select Bromellite again, now I believe you can't buy it, you have to mine it.
This time I get the same list, although, sorting by Price, Distance and Trade Market don't do anything.
I think the window has retained the previous search details on display, instead of showing blank search results.
Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi Eventure,

Is there a way to import a .txt or .csv file into the expedition generator ? Ideally to export straight from https://spansh.co.uk/

Thanks

You can't, but you can use the build-in feature, which connects automatically to the Neutron Highway Route Finder of spanish and integrates all results into the flight plan of the exploration.
Checkout the wiki for more details here: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Cartography_panel

Eventure,
I'd like you to confirm my findings:
I'm docked at a station.
Using the trade option at the top, then best sell, then select item, in this case Bromellite, you get a list of stations. Great it works, sort by Price, Distance and Trade Market all change, perfect.
Now press Best Buy, select Bromellite again, now I believe you can't buy it, you have to mine it.
This time I get the same list, although, sorting by Price, Distance and Trade Market don't do anything.
I think the window has retained the previous search details on display, instead of showing blank search results.
Please advise.

Thanks.

Confirmed, will be fixed with the next update!
Thanks for the report.

Top Bottom