Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I would be happy to get a bug report through TCE to recreate the issue!
Thanks in advance.

Well any suggestions what to do with an error report that is 50gb big and sadly your email server dont allow that big emails
is there any specific files that u need?

I tried to make an exploration, but when i activate it, it just started to constantly give out some exception with conversion a string 'I/I' to type 'integer' is not allowed.

System.InvalidCastException: Приведение строки "1/1" к типу "Integer" является недопустимым. ---> System.FormatException: Входная строка имела неверный формат.
в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
--- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
в Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_MainUI.Update_DESDisplayMedium() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_MainUI.vb:строка 3094
в Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_HUD.SendDESDataToHUD() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_HUD.vb:строка 1400
в Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_HUD.DES_Data_Update() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_HUD.vb:строка 1195
в Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:строка 411
в Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:строка 539
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This one. Don't mind the first line.. It's Russian (cause yeah... i'm from there.)
I attached a 7Z archive i made with a report bug function.

Here's the link. Somehow it refused to attach my archive.

Last edited:
Hi eventure,
Congratulations to the latest version of TCE. Looks very nice and informative.
Also the update from 1.8.1 ran very smooth and compared to previous versions quite fast.

Fly safe cmdr

I tried to make an exploration, but when i activate it, it just started to constantly give out some exception with conversion a string 'I/I' to type 'integer' is not allowed.

System.InvalidCastException: Приведение строки "1/1" к типу "Integer" является недопустимым. ---> System.FormatException: Входная строка имела неверный формат.
в Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- Конец трассировки внутреннего стека исключений ---
в Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_MainUI.Update_DESDisplayMedium() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_MainUI.vb:строка 3094
в Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_HUD.SendDESDataToHUD() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_HUD.vb:строка 1400
в Trade_Computer_Extension.MD_HUD.DES_Data_Update() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\MD_HUD.vb:строка 1195
в Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Ablauf_Startprozedur.vb:строка 411
в Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_UI.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) в F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_UI.vb:строка 539
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This one. Don't mind the first line.. It's Russian (cause yeah... i'm from there.)
I attached a 7Z archive i made with a report bug function.
Thanks for the report, found the issue and it will be fixed with the next update.

Evening, not sure it's me but I've been combat elite for over a month now and the slide bar on the personal tab still only shows 10%, would you mind taking a look please.

Thank you.

Evening, not sure it's me but I've been combat elite for over a month now and the slide bar on the personal tab still only shows 10%, would you mind taking a look please.

Thank you.
My Personal panel showing 100%, could it be, that your font is wider than the default? Try to reduce the font size for the panel.
Hello again, just went through the Cartography window and found an error with type 'Double'. Here's a link to the error info.
Thanks, your Cartography database showing an anomaly, having entries for some star system (e.g. Ambikul), which belong to a differnt star system, which are also not in the Star System database. I will include a repair function into the update and I send you the repaired database.

My Personal panel showing 100%, could it be, that your font is wider than the default? Try to reduce the font size for the panel.

Thanks, your Cartography database showing an anomaly, having entries for some star system (e.g. Ambikul), which belong to a differnt star system, which are also not in the Star System database. I will include a repair function into the update and I send you the repaired database.
Thank you all fixed.

Is this that usefulnow? I kind of just don't use it anymore. But Iike the idea behind it.
That's funny because when I start Elite and I don't having running, the screen kind of feels naked and I sit there wondering what I was doing last time. With it running, I can see where I am, current missions, shopping list, if I was exploring and I get straight back to what I was doing last time. I could go look it all up of course, but TCE keeps it all in view.

Version [1.8.3.0] released
Changelog:
  • Added an overall performance increase for users with more than 8 logical core CPUs (e.g. a quardro core CPUs with HT has 8 logical cores) when updating through EDDB-Relay. TCE supports now a maximum of 32 logical cores.
  • Added a vast performance increase when creating a Trade Market database with EDDB-Relay.
  • Added a vast performance increase when updating trade markets, incl. outfitting data, through EDDB-Relay.
  • Added an automatic verify check after a repair action completed to the repair functions of the Launcher.
  • Removed the 'unverified' status for databases, which are empty to the Launcher.
  • Removed the Outfitting database, it's now included into the registered Trade Market database saving 66% space and time.
  • Added an enhanced repair routine for the Star System and Cartography database. Please do a verify and repair, if an error is detected.
  • Fixed an error when activating an exploration from the Cartography panel at the Position and Destination display.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Special note:
This update brings alot of performance boost for the EDDB-Relay, taking down all processing times.

With the removal of the Outfitting database as a separate file, which could be more than 300 MB in size and the time to store the data into it
could be more than 10 mins by 11 mill. sets, I have removed a big bottleneck and reduced the time for processing considerably.
The outfitting data is now stored into the Trade Market database, which requires only 1/3 of the size of separate file version.

So, creating larger databases ( > 1.000 LY range) and updating those is less time consuming.

One last word:
Please use the build-in bug report function of TCE, if you encounter a problem. It provides me with all required informations to recreate and hunt down reported bugs.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I seem to have a problem with the EDMC failing authentication properly after the update. However i does fine on its own. I am sending a bug report. This looks like I great tool and I hope to be able to use it soon!

I seem to have a problem with the EDMC failing authentication properly after the update. However i does fine on its own. I am sending a bug report. This looks like I great tool and I hope to be able to use it soon!
If you having trouble to authorize EDMC, follow these steps:
1. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
2. Login and approve the authorization once.
3. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

This has to be done every update of EDMC.

If you having trouble authorizing EDMC, deauthorize it first here (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).

If you having trouble to authorize EDMC, follow these steps:
1. Start EDMC alone to get to the login page to authorize EDMC.
2. Login and approve the authorization once.
3. EDMC should thereafter confirm the success.

This has to be done every update of EDMC.

If you having trouble authorizing EDMC, deauthorize it first here (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).

Yeah, about that. It doesn't work. I have done as was suggested to me a while ago by a previous poster. I am still getting the same problem.

1611640621399.png

Now it did fix yesterday after I deauthorized it and then reauthorized it. But now again today it is broken. I haven't used a different character either. This is still the same account I used yesterday and it worked after all the fiddling.

EDMC works fine but TCE fails. This is one of the reasons I wish all the 3rd party app developers would get together and figure out a way to provide all these tools in one package. I know that's a pipe dream but it would probably help them and frontier to provide a means to make this all work better. In the mean time, anyone have any ideas why it isn't sticking? I could probably get it all to work again by deauthing and reauthing...

Could this have something to do with EDMC having my alternate character and main character in the CMDR line? Dang, is it because i have EDSCC and FCMS set for my main character?

Getting all sorts of errors.
1611641326344.png
1611641342674.png

1611641360053.png

Would it be better to have multiple installs for EDMC? Can that be done?

Thank you for the reply! E:D market connector seems to connect and authorize just fine on its own.. However when I use the Trade computer extension and I assume it launches E:D market connector is when I have issues. I did try de authorizing and re authorizing.. even if ED MC is connected an authorized TCE will not show valid credentials.

Thank you for the reply! E:D market connector seems to connect and authorize just fine on its own.. However when I use the Trade computer extension and I assume it launches E:D market connector is when I have issues. I did try de authorizing and re authorizing.. even if ED MC is connected an authorized TCE will not show valid credentials.
Thanks for the vids.
TCE is using the EDMC.exe, which is the commandline executable and not the GUI version, where you saw the successful authorization.
Please try the following:
1. Don't use TCE while authorizing EDMC in the future.
2. Deauthorize first EDMC (https://auth.frontierstore.net/).
3. Start EDMC (the GUI version) and the login page should appear.
4. Enter your credentials and log in.
5. Approve once the authorization and you will see in the base line of the EDMC app "Authorization successful" thereafter.

All is done and TCE didn't show longer an issue with EDMC.
If that doesn't work for you, we have to raise a bug report at the EDMC page.

Thank you! I have followed those directions and It seems to be working now. no more error.
Now I just need to learn how to use all the features of your tool!

I tried different ways to run TCE for several days. Deauthorization / new authorization did not work. TCE reports "Invalid credentials", even if the EDMC GUI is successfully authorized. EDMC CLI debug.log:
Code:
2021-01-25 01:06:14.371 - ERROR - companion.Session.query:500: Frontier CAPI Auth: GET
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "companion.pyc", line 496, in query
  File "requests\models.pyc", line 943, in raise_for_status
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://companion.orerve.net/profile
2021-01-25 01:06:14.374 - ERROR - companion.Session.dump:583: Frontier CAPI Auth: https://companion.orerve.net/profile 400 Bad Request Please <a class="alert-link" href="https://frontierstore.net/">Visit the store</a> to purchase Elite: Dangerous.
2021-01-25 01:06:15.683 - ERROR - companion.Session.query:500: Frontier CAPI Auth: GET
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://companion.orerve.net/profile

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

2021-01-25 01:06:15.685 - ERROR - companion.Session.dump:583: Frontier CAPI Auth: https://companion.orerve.net/profile 400 Bad Request Please <a class="alert-link" href="https://frontierstore.net/">Visit the store</a> to purchase Elite: Dangerous.
2021-01-25 01:06:15.687 - ERROR - companion.Session.query:505: Frontier CAPI Auth: query failed after refresh
2021-01-25 01:06:15.690 - INFO - companion.invalidate:351: Frontier CAPI Auth: Invalidated token for "Chilace"
2021-01-25 01:06:16.191 - ERROR - companion.Auth.refresh:261: Frontier CAPI Auth: Can't refresh token for "Chilace"
2021-01-25 01:06:16.193 - INFO - companion.Auth.refresh:271: Frontier CAPI Auth: New authorization request
2021-01-25 01:06:16.195 - INFO - companion.Auth.refresh:277: Trying auth from scratch for Commander "Chilace"
2021-01-25 01:06:16.396 - ERROR - EDMC.main:394: Frontier CAPI Server: Invalid Credentials
2021-01-25 01:08:36.844 - ERROR - companion.Auth.refresh:261: Frontier CAPI Auth: Can't refresh token for "Chilace"
2021-01-25 01:08:36.847 - INFO - companion.Auth.refresh:271: Frontier CAPI Auth: New authorization request
2021-01-25 01:08:36.848 - INFO - companion.Auth.refresh:277: Trying auth from scratch for Commander "Chilace"
2021-01-25 01:08:37.057 - ERROR - companion.Session.query:469: cannot make a query when unauthorized
2021-01-25 01:08:37.058 - ERROR - EDMC.main:394: Frontier CAPI Server: Invalid Credentials
I have an EGS version of the game and it looks like this is a clue and I found a way to run TCE without error -
Before starting TCE, you first need to start the game, in this case, TCE reports that the EDMC is ready to use.

Top Bottom